GOT the Beat - Stamp On it MV

• They all look great especially Taeyeon and Hyoyeon but the entire thing amounts to nothing.

The song sounds repetitive, there's no real highlight like a dance break or Taeyeon high note in Step back, the song feels like it should've finished at different times and the lyrics make no sense.

The whole line up is wasted tbh.

• I'm a big fan of collabs, so I'm pleasantly surprised SM decided to have GOT the Beat have a comeback, with something more than a performance video and with an actual album.

And I love the styling, Wendy and Seulgi look spectacular every time when they're part of GOT the Beat.

Hopefully we'll be able to see other members put in GOT the Beat too.

Can we get rid of this project already? smiley718.gif

Wait, what?! Why? :wow:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• The mini is just bad. It's a waste of time and members to release this noisy SMP mess. It has nothing to do with Taeyeon's and Red Velvet's music and aespa's own work is much better.

Agreed, the song could've been better. Indeed a missed opportunity.

Still, I like the fact that these artists did a song together and performed together, and I love the styling which is different than the usual for these members' own groups.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I don't see why most people didn't like it. It's actually better than you may think. The whole concept of the song and all the album is cool/badass and made me realize how much I love such concepts, the instrumental is pretty interesting and that "kukuku" we hear all the time is actually most probably inspired by arabic music. That of course makes the second time a song by GOT the Beat has an original ispiration like that (in Step Back classical music and now arabic inspired). The vocals are more than decent (they couldn't be anything else since having some of the best vocalist in SM in the group). As for the MV itself it might didn't show anything in particular but it still had that badass vibe in it and the members looked phenomenal, the outfits and styling was amazing and even the camera man went crazy during the dancebreak.

Of course I respect your opinion either if you do or do not like the song but keep in mind that this specific song is one of those that need more than 1 time to listen to in order "get in the mood of it". What I mean is for example the first time I listened to it I didn't really like it too (it was back in the pre-release with the smcu stage). I actually felt like the song was a whole mess where you couldn't even distinct the one part from the other. The funny thing is that after the release of MV and album I talked it with a friend of mine and she couldn't even stand the song but then after few days she said it started growing on her.

Anyway I think the song is pretty good and so does the whole album with my favourite song from it being Alter Ego.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!