#69: Seventeen 'Attacca'-206,821

#74: RM 'Indigo'-195,096

#86: Seventeen '7th Mini Album'-168,593

#87: BTS 'Butter'-166,988

#92: fromis_9 'From Our Momento Box'-158,682

#96: TXT 'Freeze-152,900

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• Blue2012

Changed the title of the thread from “New: CIRCLE CHART's (formerly GAON) official Year end 2022 Album Sales” to “New: CIRCLE CHART's (formerly GAON) official 2022 Year-End Album Sales”.
  • Never heard of YG Plus, what's that and why are they involved so heavily with HYBE?

YGPlus is a publicly-traded subsidiary of YG Entertainment. It's the largest digital and physical music distributor in Korea and one of the largest in Asia. Also a merch distributor.

They distribute for dozens of labels.

They own the VIBE music platform with Naver.

YGPlus is also home to KPlus, one of the largest model management companies in Korea. And they also have a large roster of actors.

KPlus' website---> KPlus

It's also home to YG Investments which has been been doing significant investments in lots of different industries including Venew Live, the online concert platform,and the gaming industry.

Here's their website ---> YGPlus

most importantly

It's one of just 5 distributors that was chosen by IFPI to distribute ISRC codes in Korea. Basically labels have to go to YGPlus, whether they distribute for them or not to get it. It's how you are paid for your music and how sales are tracked.

Leg

• Money Today

YG PLUS, selected as a record code manager by the International Music Industry Association

Input 2021.03.02. 10:31 am Revision 2021.03.02. 10:32 am

Reporter Kim Geon-woo

[Money Today Reporter Gunwoo Kim]

YG PLUS announced on the 2nd that it has been selected as an International Standard Record Code ( ISRC ) manager by IFPI in London . ISRC is the only international standard code for recording and a permanent identification code, which is widely used internationally due to its high efficiency in copyright management. In particular, ISRC sound source registration is essential for global music platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Amazon, and Desser, and it is a necessary code to distribute sound sources and music videos to the global market. Currently, only 5 of the domestic distribution companies are registered as ISRC managers, and many distribution companies still receive ISRC through domestic music integration management system ( MIMS ) or overseas companies . YG PLUS was selected as the final manager in recognition of its internal distribution system and professional competence, and plans to distribute the sound source and video to the world by directly issuing ISRC codes to domestic agencies

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Updated OP with the completed list of YG artists + albums distributed by YGPlus.

YG Family

1080x360

• Thanks for the detailed answer.... never knew YG had this huge arm wow, and that's not something that will ever go away either as they are now part of the music distribution foundation of Korea.

YG gets a lot of s**t but right here is an example of what a smart businessman he can be, I mean who knew HYBE would be using them??? And clearly they are doing such a good job HYBE have expanded through all their artists.

No problem. Yeah, YG is more than a music label, they have several subsidiaries and are in different industries. They used to own a cosmetics line and restaurants, but they sold those and have moved more towards more being entrenched in the entertainment industry.

YG itself has different lines of business under it. One of the larger ones being YGSTUDIOPLEX, the TV and Film production arm of YG. They are building the largest VFX/SFX studio in Korea where movies and TV shows will be filmed but most notably online concerts will be shot there.

The online platform for concerts, Venew Live, is owned in part by YG and Hybe, so presumably they'll be using it as well as other labels.

But YGPlus itself is also a massive company that's under the YG umbrella.

THEBLACKLABEL, a sublabel of YG, is about to go public. They too have their own artists, models and actors. It may turn into a YGPlus one day.

YG Family

1080x360

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!