No one wants to be the next BTS

• What does being the next BTS mean?

Being sellouts who release mediocre songs like dynamite, butter, permission to dance , and yet to come with payola just for western validation?

Being chart obsessed and releasing 20 remixes of a song with the sole purpose charting on the Hot 100?

• it means being a behemoth in any industry they touch, yes everyone wants that.

But as for sound and stuff, i think people are more trying to create their 2016 sound than the retro one

Are they really a behemoth if yet to come completely tanked everywhere and all their solo songs have flopped?

• How is this account still posting?

i don't think i've seen op post anything violent or illegal. they mostly just post bait. on the other hand, i've seen a couple of users tell OP to kill themselves and if they haven't been banned for telling someone to exit the planet then something like this shouldn't even be close to being ban worthy

• yet to come was purely made for army, its just a song about saying after the army the best is yet to come, it had no marketability and was the lead title of a chronology album whatever that is.

as for solos, i do admit its kinda confusing how they arent taking off but then again, the songs arent really that good (no offense) they would need to be releasing songs like these if they wanna be big

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

J-Hope and RM’s singles aren’t good? They both got amazing reviews but are a) not pop b) received zero commercial push so performed exactly as a fan-supported single would.

We don’t have a good example of a BTS “pop” solo release yet, even Dreamers is basically a tourism jingle. Left + Right is the closest approximation we have and it did great.

• Indigo and Jack in the Box aren't good? :pepe-joy:

Ok, ok, you only like pop... but.. ;judgingpepe:

• i havent really heard them just briefly and i remember thinking this wont do well among kpop fpop fans.

And thats completely fine, they're doing what they've wanted to, and there is enough people (like yourself) who do enjoy it.

Now IF they released a tacky song like lalisa love me, and it flopped now that would be concerning

Now I get what you say, their albums are not commercial. Jack in the Box is heavily influenced by pop-punk, nu metal, 90s hip hop and rnb, etc.

Indigo is an ecclectic album which offers neo-soul (with the legendary Erykah Badu as guest artist), rnb, funk, hip hop, some rock.

Just because regular Kpop fans aren't ready to enjoy and appreciate their artistry (because they both wrote their albums) doesn't mean they are not that good. Perhaps the styles of these two albums lack the stereotypes and fireworks of Kpop, but I don't know, I think they are more listenable and will age better than most Kpop albums in general.

• i havent really heard them just briefly and i remember thinking this wont do well among kpop fpop fans.

And thats completely fine, they're doing what they've wanted to, and there is enough people (like yourself) who do enjoy it.

Now IF they released a tacky song like lalisa love me, and it flopped now that would be concerning

Why are men with fragile egos like this? You judge something you haven't even done research on and with blind certainty. Is that how you flunked out of high-school? Anyway Jack In The Box and Indigo were solid albums but it takes more than just quality to see mainstream success. It takes timing, promotion, virality of artist/song, luck and as another army on here has stated, fear of missing out/hype. It's a combination of all of them listed. J-Hope and RM knew who they were targeting and it wasn't kpop fans. They are 100% happy with the music they have put out without having to worry about success. When even that got them stellar reviews so it still was a success.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!