“Ditto” by NewJeans debuts at #17 on Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100, becomes the highest charting 4th generation K-Pop idol group and the 1st 4th generation K-Pop girl group to enter this chart.

• It’s kinda ironic that jyp and sm are 2 companies who outwardly look obsessed with getting their artists to chart high in the west from all the way back (wonder girls opening for jonas brothers and collabing with akon vs snsd on letterman and boa’s english releases, anyone remember? :pepe-cringe:) to this very day while yg and hybe/big hit managed to do it seemingly without even trying lol ig it’s time to pull out the “organic” fight starter argument again :pepegrin:

Interestingly even Stray kids who got number 1 album at BB200, twice last year and did the US tour didn’t chart that high in the bubbling under. Is it the JYP curse?

• Interestingly even Stray kids who got number 1 album at BB200, twice last year and did the US tour didn’t chart that high in the bubbling under. Is it the JYP curse?

i’m not knowledgeable enough about billboard charts to speak in depth but from my understanding the criteria for charting on bb200 and bubbling under are different right?, where one is geared more towards fandoms while the other more towards casual listeners, hence the disparity in some groups’ positions on these charts? I could be wrong tho of course lol

• i’m not knowledgeable enough about billboard charts to speak in depth but from my understanding the criteria for charting on bb200 and bubbling under are different right?, where one is geared more towards fandoms while the other more towards casual listeners, hence the disparity in some groups’ positions on these charts? I could be wrong tho of course lol

Yeah BB200 is for album sales and those with sizeable fandoms can chart well. Bubbling under is the digital streams that nearly enter Hot100 but didn’t. So it’s not as hard to chart as in Hot100, and acts that can top BB200 logically can at least chart well in bubbling under if they can’t enter Hot100. Would be interesting to see how OMG album will chart in the BB200.

• Yeah BB200 is for album sales and those with sizeable fandoms can chart well. Bubbling under is the digital streams that nearly enter Hot100 but didn’t. So it’s not as hard to chart as in Hot100, and acts that can top BB200 logically can at least chart well in bubbling under if they can’t enter Hot100. Would be interesting to see how OMG album will chart in the BB200.

OMG is a single album so I don't think it can chart there.

• .@NewJeans_ADOR joins @BTS_twt and BLACKPINK as the only Korean groups in history to enter the Top 10 on Spotify Global Chart.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Can’t believe they did this without even srsly trying for the US market

Congrats!! Newjeans is shaping up to be local and global GG it seems..

Although now everytime I hear or saw the word bubbling under, I would immediately be reminded of BlackpinkHouse lol

I feel so vindicated. :yesr:

Remember how i was the only one comparing NJ to a certain other girl group who shocked the world by entering the Bubbling Under chart back in 2017? :yesr:

Just listen to ol' Blackpinkhouse and you'll never be steered wrong. :yesr:

BP paved the way for New Jeans wbk. :chicken-jump:

• Question,

This is downloads?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is streaming?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!