3 members of Baby Monster born after 2007, will they flop since people are against minors debuting now?

• Seeing that people are so against NewJeans age and want a more mature group like Le sserafim, and now this group is even younger, will people boycott them?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The Korean public is going to love them!

They seem to like them young.

• Funny how her name changed to Canny. Before her name was something different? I will not trust any of these before official statements

There are 2 thai members

• did other groups with minors flopped? Usually have your answer there

External Content www.youtube.com

• There are 2 thai members

I am pretty sure that Canny was called Chikita before

• I am pretty sure that Canny was called Chikita before

It looks like one is her stage name. But the age differs so who knows

• It looks like one is her stage name. But the age differs so who knows

and now she is suddenly 5 years older? :pepe-notes:

• and now she is suddenly 5 years older? :pepe-notes:

Her older brother is 2006 so shes definitely not 2004. He uploaded her on his story.

• I think groups debuting with large age differences always makes me uncomfortable as it can lead to internal friction due to maturity level. At my age (22) I would not like to be hanging around a 13/14 year old even if we were in the same group. Groups with a large swath of their members not being over 14/15 has always faced significant pushback from international fans and the Korean general public for good reason: people might not like to be honest about it but there is a giant developmental differences between a 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 year old even though they are all 1 year intervals.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• I think it is just better to not speculate and wait official information

• highly doubtful..but wow they're young.

maybe because of the low birthrate in korea and japan that they mentally adopt these child idols as their own?

but then again.. in the west we have children celebrities who literally start as babies - Olsen twins, and literally every child "celebrity" at the disney channel starts around this age, so idk why im so surprised.

these practices in entertainment industries seems to be commonplace in every culture in every country.

* so i guess the real question is why are pple shocked when Kpop does it ..when literally every country has child celebrities?

• Seing NJ current success, the people that were complaining clearly either changed their mind or were insignificant to begin with.

It's not even a new thing, with people like Taemin and BOA debuting young, it's just that people are getting older and the groups debuting won't be getting any younger, if they are so bothered by it, maybe it's time to find another hobby

• if they are so bothered by it, maybe it's time to find another hobby

Ahh yes, the good old "you can't criticize this practice just ignore it" excuse.

Debuting minors is weird as hell, given the content matter. If their singing songs aimed at 12-13 year olds, (like kidz bop stuff) that's one thing, but we all know they won't be - and that's why it's sketchy as hell.

But others are right, people like myself and others who have major issues with minors debuting are in the clear minority, given how many people defend NJ and Cookie, so I'll have no doubt this group will go well, fully embraced by a society and a culture that eats the young.

Just wait for the first fan sign where the 25-40 year old dudes are lining up en masse for this group. The audience attending these fansigns tells you all you need to know about these groups.

• Okay but were you complaining back then too or do you only find it a problem now that you yourself are getting on the years?

Interesting enough a big part of the NJ fandom in Korea seems to be women in their 30s, I think they see it as some kind of reliving of their youth(maybe even their producer MHJ herself does it), I do find it pretty strange, especially when NJ members weren't even born when most of the stuff they are emulating is from

Edited once, last by vicll ().

• Okay but were you complaining back then too or do you only find it a problem now that you yourself are getting on the years?

Yes. I have a strict rule - kids should be allowed to be kids. Let them become adults and make their own choices then, whether that's entertainment, publicity, religion, etc etc.

I saw the effects first hand when I was a child myself, not so long ago.

You are permitted to call out when stuff is wack. Or is your proposal for society to turn a blind eye to every ill, or just the one you don't mind? That's essentially what you are arguing for.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!