The Allure of BTS (why is bts so famous)

• kpop has never been mainstream and will never be mainstream.

But one kpop group has seemingly become a household name, been nominated for grammys multiple times, getting the attention of practically the whole world.

The question is.. how did BTS go from nothing to everything? What makes people like BTS so much, achieve so much, and what makes them so different from other groups that they become a whole other level of kpop all on their own?

• scottykins

Changed the title of the thread from “The Attractiveness of BTS (why is bts so famous)” to “The Allure of BTS (why is bts so famous)”.
  • You can form your own opinion: first start listening to their music, then watching their videos, the next step is wanting to know their names and falling into the rabbit hole of BTS content lol.

I don't know anyone who could escape after that :pepe-hehe:

i have noticed all the people ive seen that hate bts havent even heard any of their music (excluding their popular songs) and just form an opinion off one song or even what theyve heard from others. like,,, everyone knows music is different for everyone, so why hate on bts bc of what youve heard rather than forming an opinion off how YOU YOURSELF feel

• i have noticed all the people ive seen that hate bts havent even heard any of their music (excluding their popular songs) and just form an opinion off one song or even what theyve heard from others. like,,, everyone knows music is different for everyone, so why hate on bts bc of what youve heard rather than forming an opinion off how YOU YOURSELF feel

Exactly, I saw some days ago someone saying they had only listened to Dynamite and Butter but that it was their right to judge them based in only two songs :facepalm: And I was like, ok mate, your loss anyway.

• There is no one reason that armys will agree on. Here's a list of common opinions:

• the music (I'm in that category)
    • the performances
    • the group synergy
    • their underdog path to success
    • the marketing done by Bighit (ie Run BTS, Bon Voyage, Bangtan bombs)
    • successful brand collabs (Puma, McDonald's, Louis Vitton, BT21 Line Friends especially)

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Agreed with everything said above me, and I'll also note, that at least for some of the older fans, BTS appearing consistently on late-night talk shows since 2017 has been a major factor. Both my parents (late 50s) and my grandmother (late 70s) knew who BTS was before I ever mentioned I was a fan, because they went on the Stephen Colbert show during the BWL comeback, and then SNL shortly after. Wouldn't be surprised if the BTS week they did on Jimmy Fallon had a similar effect.

• What grabbed my attention after I swore off my back to kpop was their song Dope. The mv showed up on my YouTube, I haven’t listened to BTS before that. Only knew them cos of all the hate articles that were generated towards them by the big 3 groups fandoms back then.

I kept gg back to the dope mv every day. I didn’t have Spotify back then. I just rewatched that same mv, watched the views gg from double digit million to triple digit rn in front of my eyes.

I didn’t like run or forever young off the bat, so I just decided to listen to dope lol. Then I went on the usual rabbit hole of wanting to know their names and personalities- half way army alr then

Their cb with wings( wings era) was what made me realize that I am a solid army. From the concept pics to the mvs to the little short videos for the members individual songs. I was hooked and fascinated.

• This is a pretty long read but once you read it it will makes sense.

What makes BTS stands out;

-Diverse & great music that everyone can enjoy

-Luck (being in the right place at the right time)

-Group synergy

-Diverse influx of content that appeals to everyone (rabbit hole)

-Their willingness & passion to succeed no matter what it takes

-Dedication to their craft (everyone can see how hard they worked on their performances even non-fans)

-Good support system (HYBE is not perfect but they were with BTS guiding them in every step of the way since the early days of their career)

-BTS & their team know their audience/market and how to utilize it to build a strong & loyal fanbase

-Branding (BTS is not just a music group they make sure to involved in politics to an extent that engages diverse people with a different background and culture)

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!