I hope they treat the japanese judges and contestants good...

• Always worried when I see japanese joining a korean show. I'm talking about FNC ''The Idol Band: Boy's Battle''. FNC invited japanese trainees and judges over to Korea. Still having fresh memories from PD48 and recent GP999 where Japan only gets unfair treatment. If this was handled mostly by a japanese company, I would feel more comfortable...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

221202_THE-IDOL-BAND-BOYS-BATTLE_of_1.jpg

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

• There is also the oposite

I mean as Produce 101 Japan season 1 happend and there were some Koreans, people started to spread a lot fucked up rumors after they all left the show. But later on the producers asked people to refrain from spreeding missinformations since nobody was bullied or anything and that the leaving was not cause of any type of being bad treated or something

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• There is also the oposite

I mean as Produce 101 Japan season 1 happend and there were some Koreans, people started to spread a lot fucked up rumors after they all left the show. But later on the producers asked people to refrain from spreeding missinformations since nobody was bullied or anything and that the leaving was not cause of any type of being bad treated or something

I remember that incident. It was the Halo members right?

Sure that can happen too, but at least the korean trainees got a lot good screentime and even their own stories in Japan. That would never happen in a korean show. I have low expections to this program as well and have a feeling the final debut band will have mostly korean members.

• I remember that incident. It was the Halo members right?

Yeah they are members of Orbit/ Dream Gate now.

I remember how trought this rumor people said that after almost all fully foreign and some mixed people had left early on how apparently the people who made it quit far only were allowed to still continue since they said they feel more Japanese than their other half ... wich was quit bullshit. IDK who the first foreign or mixed participant even was who had left back than. I think it was this one guy from Canada, Eujin or something (I sometime later on found his Twitter account by accidant and that guy is just weird on social media ... anyway) but if that rumor would've been true than Mnet and the Japanese producing team would've shot them in a foot once more back than and later on they wouldn't have had so many mixed and foreign participants on season 2 tho (I mean one of them was even half black in season 2 and another one half Iranian, I think the only fully foreign one in season 2 was Fengfan of INI who is Chinese)

IDK Asian shows are just a bit weird in general sometimes or at least it comes off weird to us since in the west we have more diversity in our countries (and people are mostly only judged in western shows when they really can't sing)

Quote from Uni909

Sure that can happen too, but at least the korean trainees got a lot good screentime and even their own stories in Japan. That would never happen in a korean show.

Hm but sometimes it just feels weird to hear in Japanese shows what the reason are why people decide to participate and such. I mainly saw it trought Produce since that is the only Japanese show I fully watched and jesus some people's comments were just quit ...

Examples from what I remember what different participants got asked and than said on Produce Japan

Q: "What do you like the most about Japan?"

A: "I like that I can watch Pokemon on Youtube ... but actually I would preffer to become a KPop-idol" - Xu Fengfan, that guy literally taked on the show as if he was in the wrong country, but still won and is now member of INI

Q: "So you were a trainee under BigHit before. What do you think why you had to leave the company?"

A: "I seriously suck ass and I am not good enough. Thats why I had to leave" - Takahashi Wataru, now member of OCTPATH

- than the random interactions they had with eachother, also quit horrible sometimes

In season 1 for example the participants made fun of Fumiya Kumazawa (who is now member of ENJIN) all the time since they thought his hair was a "ugly wig" and it really hurt Fumiya's feelings, especially as some dudes sneaked up at him at night while he slept and tried to "take it off" and as they woke him up they realised this wasn't even a wig

In season 2 when some people talked about Tekoe Yusei (Who is now member of Maison B) cause he is half black and people missunderstood Ikezaki Rihito when he talked about Yusei, thinking that he was racist, even tho he just said "I never saw hair like Yusei's before, I would like to touch it to know how different it feels to Asian hair" and than a small hand mainly foreign viewers almost wanted Rihito to be kicked off of INI cause of them not knowing the right translations from Japanese to English (And Rihito and Yusei are even friends now so I doubt they would be on this good terms if Rihito had tried to bully him) ... oh yikes

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!