Likelyhood of another rigging scandal in GP999?

• I expect these shows to be "set" in some way.

Perhaps not blatant fixing of final places. But taking measures to present the show in a way with rules in place in such a way to ensure they get some semblance of what they want in the group.

It's madness thinking they would invest in creating such a show and leave the final product completely up the whims of the public.

• Do you guys think there could be another rigging exposure again? Or can we say cautiously Mnet has learned their lesson?

2021052501001929300127171.jpg

Mnet? Learning their lesson?

M snakes will never learn.

This will be rigged as well.

They already started with their evil editing and leaving out contestants from the episodes.

And that's only the beginning.

And as emanresu said, it would be mad to think they won't have already set their minds on the final product (e.g. the group). They are spending a ton of money on this show. They need to get their investment back.

PD48 was the riggests of the riggest but the girls outsold and were very successfull.

• tbvh i don't get the obsession with saying the show will be rigged before anything happens. its just annoying for those of us who just want to hope for the best this time. the pd that was the main source of the rigging was literally arrested. they're not even giving the companies of the girls any type of focus or highlight this time to the point where i thought most of them where individual trainees before some research so the same incentive to rig isnt there on the public level at least. mnet also already said they have an outside auditing agency watching the voting to make sure there is no interference.

i get that people mistrust mnet. we all do. but things are different this time and im expecting a fair ending. and also people need to understand just bc their fav doesnt make it doesnt mean it was rigged

who's your favorite artist?

• tbvh i don't get the obsession with saying the show will be rigged before anything happens. its just annoying for those of us who just want to hope for the best this time. the pd that was the main source of the rigging was literally arrested. they're not even giving the companies of the girls any type of focus or highlight this time to the point where i thought most of them where individual trainees before some research so the same incentive to rig isnt there on the public level at least. mnet also already said they have an outside auditing agency watching the voting to make sure there is no interference.

i get that people mistrust mnet. we all do. but things are different this time and im expecting a fair ending. and also people need to understand just bc their fav doesnt make it doesnt mean it was rigged

I do agree with you, we need to wait and see. But my trust in them is 0. That's it 0.

I will still watch it and root for my favorites, but I expect them to be snakes.

You know the saying blow in yogurt when burned with milk.

That's why I didn't use rigged.

I see it more as "massaging".

I think they'll have a group in mind, and work to edit the show and give expose to certain girls in a way that they think will influence voting.

To try to get the public to pick their group.

And I never had a problem with MNET in the first place. I'm not one of those up in arms about them.

I see this kind of massaging as a given. And part of the game.

• thats not rigging tho and we already know it doesn't work 100%. they can give someone the best edit ever but it doesnt mean that person will be popular.

who's your favorite artist?

• I agree with that, but they rigged it. That's why those PD's went to jail.

Two girls who deserved to be in it weren't.

That's why I have a problem with Msnakes.

• I think instead of rigging this time they were actually "smart" in creating a route for Korean girls.

I bet that for final episode the cells won't exist anymore so there will only be individual voting and because voting is 50% Korean + 50% International, this actually works in favor of Korean trainees because i-fans also vote for them. Do for final episode Knetz will vote for K-Group, but i-fans will also vote for those from K-Group that they like.

So instead of vote rigging it's already a given that only those most-most-most voted of C-Group and J-Group will make it to the top9 in final episode.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think instead of rigging this time they were actually "smart" in creating a route for Korean girls.

I bet that for final episode the cells won't exist anymore so there will only be individual voting and because voting is 50% Korean + 50% International, this actually works in favor of Korean trainees because i-fans also vote for them. Do for final episode Knetz will vote for K-Group, but i-fans will also vote for those from K-Group that they like.

So instead of vote rigging it's already a given that only those most-most-most voted of C-Group and J-Group will make it to the top9 in final episode.

I believe the same. I already realized this when they said that from the eliminated contestants the judges will pick others to save.

I think they'll keep the cell format for a while until that last few episodes when it becomes a free for all.

• I agree with that, but they rigged it. That's why those PD's went to jail.

Two girls who deserved to be in it weren't.

That's why I have a problem with Msnakes.

Yea I know they did then. I guess I just didn't get as upset about it. Maybe I should lol.

I guess I expected these kinds of things to sort of not be fair. So I never had any expectation.

I assumed they had a group in mind from the start.

And that whether they rig it outright or merely massage things... They'll get the group they want.

I just pick my favs. And hope they are the chosen ones.

• I believe the same. I already realized this when they said that from the eliminated contestants the judges will pick others to save.

I think they'll keep the cell format for a while until that last few episodes when it becomes a free for all.

I'm curious how many girls will be in final episode, and I hope it will be like 24-28 because then they can give us four group performances.

I hate those finals when they split girls in half and do just two performances.

Also I loled when in Chuang they've had solo 30-45 sec performances in final episode. I was like hold on why now?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm curious how many girls will be in final episode, and I hope it will be like 24-28 because then they can give us four group performances.

I hate those finals when they split girls in half and do just two performances.

Also I loled when in Chuang they've had solo 30-45 sec performances in final episode. I was like hold on why now?

we'll have to wait and see.

The thing is this whole cell concept is new, so maybe they'll stick with it?

No clue tbh. They are very tight lip about it

• we'll have to wait and see.

The thing is this whole cell concept is new, so maybe they'll stick with it?

No clue tbh. They are very tight lip about it

Or they could just announce before final episode that Masters will also vote and it will be half of total votes?

• I mean I truly believe there’ll be some manipulation of some kind, as every show whether it’s in Korea or not has manipulation (more air time, set votes, etc).

The question is have they learned their lesson of not making it so blatantly obvious like they did with PD101?

~ ω

• They might not rig it, but change the rules so that their faves can get in like making the masters vote or smth at the final

• they will definitely not rig the vote counts, it's not worth it for them since all eyes will be on that, but as others mentioned, doesn't mean they can't change the rules as the show goes on to make sure their favs don't get eliminated... also they will do their edits/screen times.. etc I also bet they will have them re-pick their cellmates.

I also hope Yujin makes it... she would make a good leader for the group, but I have a bad feeling that mnet is just using her for the storyline. I hope I'm wrong!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!