Do you guys think LGBTQ+ fanservice is for fetishizers? poll

• ghostings

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you guys think LGBTQ+ fanservice is for fetishizers? (+POLL)” to “Do you guys think LGBTQ+ fanservice is for fetishizers? poll”.
  • I agree. Especially considering the overlap between anime and k-pop fans :pepe-magnify: fujishis seem to have it big for things like bts too ;judgingpepe:

• To some extent yes, but not exclusively. Let’s be honest, fetishizers exist everywhere sadly, so they’ll see that type of content and consume it in that way, despite doing so being wrong. However, the other, normal fans might see it and take it as a sign of how close they are or just see it as cute. I think companies encourage this with both types of fans in mind, despite one group having good intentions and the other not as much. Whatever gets them the most money I guess. The poor idols are sadly exploited enough as is.

Side Note: What I said obviously doesn’t apply for voluntary fan service or genuine relationships in K-Pop, I more so meant if the company told them to do it. That’s going on a bit of a side tangent, I just wanted to touch on that there is a difference/are exceptions, so no one got the wrong idea or twisted my words the wrong way.

• Um are you referring to fanmade contents like 18+ fanfictions/ship moments videos?

Or officially produced content? I thought the title was about officially produced fanservice only like pocky game and paper game.

For official contents case I think its for a general audience, cause a lot of people like allusions to BL

Me included (Former weeb)

• Oh I think I got what you're trying to say "Is LGBTQ+ fanservice targeted specifically for people who are highly obsessed with it and will think of it in a creepy way"

I think just like aegyo, it's kind of normal for the audience of k-pop

It would be seen as niche for general audiences who aren't into idols, but for idol fans we are already used to singers doing all kinds of unnatural things (aegyo, individual fancams, long livestreams, Bubble) that cater specifically to fans, so business gay stuff just kind of fits in

I don't think it's catering to a niche because K-pop idols are already a niche subculture

Within the audience for K-pop, people who like business gay stuff are not niche

• Sometimes? Even a majority of times, I guess. And the forced stuff makes me uncomfortable and upset for them.

But if we're talking about "spontaneous" displays of affection, not always. I think there's a subset of fans that just want to see it as proof of how close their faves are. I think others are natural shippers who fall for romance storylines and would ship a hetero pairing just as quickly if the group was co-ed. But yeah, a large portion are fetishizers.

• :pepe-shame::pepe-shame::pepe-cross:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!