Armies and Dua Lipa fans fighting on TW.

• The boarder internet audience always cares lol about performative activism.

That is why the fake outrage won't matter. Internet activists rarely match their words with actions. I'm sure they will watch the world cup after demanding that BTS pull out because of the human rights violations. In the end these people were never and will never support BTS so no loss there. Frankly ARMY can use less annoying woke people. I hope more leave and even more don't join. I am sick of these "I'm an Army but I'm dissapointed in BTS" rants. BTS have never claimed to be woke icons.

• She's a bigot. She shared something a while back that Israeli Jews are "fake Jews" and Hamas (the terrorist organization that controls Gaza that wants to kill every Jew on the planet) is a psy-op by Israel and the USA look like the good guys which is a blatantly "Jews control the world" conspiracy theory.

I find this hard to believe. Do you have a source?

• And people want artists to speak up against the World Cup. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

Yeah if you're a saint and don't support one company or country financially on this planet. Which would be a nun. Because Dua Lipa still choosing to get PUMA money despite the fact that she has been on record saying "OMG FREE PALESTINE" and has performed at multiple dates in the UAE despite the human rights violations is what's the issue with her statement. I am a strong advocate that the sooner people on the internet reevaluate all the brands they support, should they come to a conclusion that this world is morally grey. That would be an ideal world instead of all this islamophobia and cancel culture that only cease to exist to punish regular people in those regions of any enjoyment because of what their government does.

• That is why the fake outrage won't matter. Internet activists rarely match their words with actions. I'm sure they will watch the world cup after demanding that BTS pull out because of the human rights violations. In the end these people were never and will never support BTS so no loss there. Frankly ARMY can use less annoying woke people. I hope more leave and even more don't join. I am sick of these "I'm an Army but I'm dissapointed in BTS" rants. BTS have never claimed to be woke icons.

IMO fake outage will always matter. Celebrities always pay attention to it. Hence why all the performative activism exists. It’s to directly address fake outrage.

I wonder what armys will say if jkook pulls out of this tomorrow as well. Will their tunes change.

Anyway so much hype over men kicking some ball. Sports should be cancelled :angryr: :cryingr:

• Yeah if you're a saint and don't support one company or country financially on this planet. Which would be a nun. Because Dua Lipa still choosing to get PUMA money despite the fact that she has been on record saying "OMG FREE PALESTINE" and has performed at multiple dates in the UAE despite the human rights violations is what's the issue with her statement. I am a strong advocate that the sooner people on the internet reevaluate all the brands they support, should they come to a conclusion that this world is morally grey. That would be an ideal world instead of all this islamophobia and cancel culture that only cease to exist to punish regular people in those regions of any enjoyment because of what their government does.

This is an utterly absurd whataboutism that prevents anyone from taking any sort of moral stance whatsoever.

Which is convenient, isn't it?

• its not performative at all, look at her background, she has regularly called out this type of shit

qatar said they would change shit if they got the world cup and they didnt.

• This is an utterly absurd whataboutism that prevents anyone from taking any sort of moral stance whatsoever.

Which is convenient, isn't it?

Didn't you get the memo? BTS also has moral stances on some things and generally being decent normal human beings *woke according to fans and antis alike* but that doesn't deter the hate they get. It amplifies it even more as referenced from allkpop.com since BTS were rumored to be a performing. So miss me with that.

• I find this hard to believe. Do you have a source?

She re-posted this post on her insta

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Closed the thread.
  • External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I doubt Dua Lipa was actually taking a shot at JK, but regardless, i personally consider this performative activism. JK is going there for the World Cup, not to support human rights violations.

Reported for being intentionally misleading to bring hate to ARMY and JK. It's not just ARMY replying to her and fighting. What she does or doesn't do has no real reflection on JK or BTS other than in the minds of people who want to believe the worst of others. And bringing up who or what she supports? Leave it on Twitter guys. In fact this whole thing should have been left on Twitter instead of brought here - it's not KPOP related.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!