BTS is still 1/7 current active artists that can play ACTUAL stadiums in the US

• FhAYRDzXwAA54et?format=jpg&name=medium

No mediaplay. Just fax. This wouldn't be a problem if companies didn't start conflating them both but here we are.

The other 6 you ask in no order

Taylor Swift

U2

Beyonce

Ed Sheeran

Coldplay

Metallica

BTS you'll always be famous and skew standards for everyone else to mediaplay actual stadiums with glorified arenas.

Citi Field (not even called a stadium) *First Stadium*

Allegiant Stadium *BTS latest stadium date*

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You can have a 2 bedroom 2 story house.

Small-house-plans-5.5x8.5m-with-2-bedrooms-1.jpg?fit=2000%2C3300&ssl=1

• Yea, no one said you couldn't, but the tweet said APARTMENT. A 2 bedroom, two story house is not equivalent to most 2 bedroom apartments either. Unless it's maybe a penthouse but there are a lot of edge cases here so I digress - that wasn't the point.

Just disagreeing with his example.

But even Arenas and Stadiums is not as simple as people think. It is for sure that Stadiums tend to be bigger than arenas, but there are small stadiums and large arenas (The NBA complicates things by calling their venues 'Centers").

Arenas are usually enclosed, while stadiums are usually open, but you can have open arenas and obviously you can have domed stadiums.

The point of the OP is that BTS plays in large venues, while other kpop groups play in smaller venues, that is true.

But it is legit that some stadiums can only hold less than 50K, it depends on the city.

• BTW, Bad bunny can also sell out NFL stadiums.

Bad Bunny Announces Ambitious 29-Date Stadium Tour
    “While I work on my new album, you can buy tickets for my next tour!”
    www.billboard.com

As someone pointed out, so does Paul McCartney.

It looks like 2022 was a big year for NFL stadiums holding concerts

The floodgates have opened for big league stadium concerts. The 2022 season is shaping up to be one of the busiest on record after the pandemic largely shut down those massive events over the past two years.

As of mid-March, VenuesNow counted 15 tour packages booked for multiple stadiums this year with some artists such as Bad Bunny and The Weeknd stepping up to play those large venues for the first time in their careers. That number is still growing, with Imagine Dragons recently announcing a run that includes six stadiums.

Year Of The Stadium: Some NFL Venues To Host Up To 15 Concerts
    The floodgates have opened for big league stadium concerts. The 2022 season is shaping up to be one of the busiest on record after the pandemic largely shut…
    venuesnow.com

• Ok, I don't disagree with any of that. It's true there is no hard or fast rule on what to call them and how much each holds. The terms "arena tour" vs "stadium tour" though are meant to display a difference in the size of audience an act expects to attract and I think that's the point.

• Ok, I don't disagree with any of that. It's true there is no hard or fast rule on what to call them and how much each holds. The terms "arena tour" vs "stadium tour" though are meant to display a difference in the size of audience an act expects to attract and I think that's the point.

it happens, because what will you call a tour that has a mix of both?

If you are in a band and will play 10 NBA arenas and 2 NFL stadiums, how would you describe that to the media?

Most public relation companies would say, call it a stadium tour.

Bad bunny did that, he played a few NFL stadiums, a few MLB stadiums and some smaller venues; he is calling it a 'stadium' tour.

• Dude, I had no idea this was fanwar fodder. Now that I know, I don't think it's worth my time. I'm out! :finger-heart:

• Classification of stadiums versus arenas is decided by architecture, not how many seats they contain or what their name is (god what a stupid criteria this was to even suggest), and there are A LOT more than seven artists who can tour so-called "actual" stadiums in the US. There are numerous American artists who've performed in front of more people over their careers (both domestically and internationally) than the number of people who can name a single BTS member. This is a bad thread and you should feel bad for making it.

Also, most of the BP fans on here were disparaging a certain other group for playing the same venue, calling it a "fake stadium" in unison with equally obnoxious BTS fans, like the one who started this thread, right up until BP themselves were scheduled to do a show there, so we don't need to hear from you now. Congrats on your sloppy seconds though.

Edited 7 times, last by jt3000 ().

• I know the point here is to throw shade around the Banc of California stadium but this really undersells the amount of artists that can play stadiums. It's not everyone, that's for sure, but it's more than 6 groups.

Last year and this year (looking at these stadiums: Levis, SoFi, MetLife, Allegiant, Mercedes-Benz, AT&T, Gillette, Soldier Field):

The Rolling Stones

Elton John

Bad Bunny

Garth Brooks

Billy Joel

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Lady Gaga

Kenny Chesney

Groupo Firme

Dead & Company (current iteration of the Grateful Dead)

Los Bukis

Rammstein (this surprised me - this felt hella niche but..)

Fairly recently (2018-19, pre-pandemic):

The Eagles

Paul McCartney

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!