So i watched One Piece Film: Red

• I saw the subbed version at the theatre.

it's a pretty decent movie with a fantastic soundtrack.

the plot was fun with some cool moments for the main characters, but every story beat is pretty much telegraphed with only one sort of pointless surprise.

the animation is fine. It's easu to see places they went all out and places they were trying to save a few yen.

Im not anywhere close to being caught up on One Piece and enjoyed myself, so don't worry about that.

if anyone has any questions or comments put them below i'll do my best to respond

And check out the soundtrack it's a masterpiece of an album

• it's a pretty decent movie with a fantastic soundtrack.

the plot was fun with some cool moments for the main characters, but every story beat is pretty much telegraphed with only one sort of pointless surprise.

ONE PIECE movies are mostly fan service so people shouldn't expect much from the plot

i haven't watched the movie yet but most impressions I've seen are that it's either mediocre or the best film in the franchise, seems most of the critics / praises go to the music, personally i love "Symphogear", "Macross" and other shows that are heavy on the sound track as part of the experience so i think i'm going to like "Film: RED"

Im not anywhere close to being caught up on One Piece and enjoyed myself, so don't worry about that

And check out the soundtrack it's a masterpiece of an album

hopefully you weren't that behind, i believe the movie has a few major spoilers

and yes the OST is pretty good, getting Ado to sing all of Uta's songs was a great idea

• i doubt i'll ever catch up to be honest

i assume you are watching the Anime? honestly the anime is too slow paced, it feels like a drag (also it sucks having to be careful not to get spoiled)

i dropped the Anime around EP 700 or so and I've been reading the manga since then, is more fun getting to read the weekly discussions and not knowing what's going to happen next

i think that if every weekend you read some 10 chapters (take you some 20 / 30 min) you can catch up in a few months

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!