We are now seeing after effects of the BTS effect on kpop

• That's ok, but for the first time I do indeed feel a bit bitter towards them. As a fan of another group I have zero interest in BTS, but my Vlive beyond purchases are probably gonna be deleted and I don't know who other to blame. :emotionalpepe:

That was actually my hard earned money right there and the first BTS impact I have truly felt personally. :pepe-sad:

How do I retrieve my content?

A masterpiece.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Alice-ND ().

• Or you can listen to IU.

IU, that works for me :)

SeulgisAbs , if you want to whine about the current generation music like a senior citizen, you should start with "In those days... "

But to the point,

"Pop" is a Western innovation that Korean adopted and tried selling it back to the West, BTS has been the most successful at it, but they weren't the first to try selling it back nor will they be the last.

So K-pop has no basis without the Western influence.

You probably could talk about the extent of Korean uniqueness to the music and that does fluctuate.

That depends on the market and increasingly S.Korea is overlapping with the Western cultural preferences - for example, "What relevance does Halloween even have to Korean culture?"

So K-pop is part of the feedback cycle.

You don't like it, then there are alternatives like Gugak - I like Song Sohee, or even fusion indies .. check out Leenalchi

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!