I don't handle rejections very well

• Its always hard to accept rejections and failure but I'm absolutely terrible at this.

Today one of my paper got rejected for a presentation in a conference. I was definitely disappointed so since then what I'm doing??

1) rewatching modern family episodes for like 1000 times

2) wasting my time here (it's like past 2 am here and I'm not willing to sleep)

3) dreading to go to work tomorrow and tell everyone

4) tried Chloe ting's 2 wk abs challenge and have pain in my whole body)

Fml

• in cases like that it's better to watch something that will surprise you and make you laugh, a bit of smile will let some of those bad emotions go

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm sorry. Disappointment is natural though, don't beat yourself up over it.

• in cases like that it's better to watch something that will surprise you and make you laugh, a bit of smile will let some of those bad emotions go

Lol what was this..

Thanks btw

• Lol what was this..

Thanks btw

check those two as well

you will have much better humor then

I thought Ves was the one who reacted with LOL to that video.

• failure is the mother of success

I have a slight understanding of your situation and how much of an "high achiever" you are so I know that for certain people that kind of rejection will eat them up

firstly I would ask via email/letter etc why your paper was rejected - don't try to come across as argumentative but rather try to get feedback as to what was lacking in your paper cos only then will you know what to do to change it for the future

• failure is the mother of success

I have a slight understanding of your situation and how much of an "high achiever" you are so I know that for certain people that kind of rejection will eat them up

firstly I would ask via email/letter etc why your paper was rejected - don't try to come across as argumentative but rather try to get feedback as to what was lacking in your paper cos only then will you know what to do to change it for the future

IG the first part is true. I do not react well to set backs but hopefully this will be a good learning experience for me

I don't think I can do that? I technically didn't get rejected it's just my paper got selected for free paper instead of award paper.

• IG the first part is true. I do not react well to set backs but hopefully this will be a good learning experience for me

I don't think I can do that? I technically didn't get rejected it's just my paper got selected for free paper instead of award paper.

hmmm..interesting I guess in life there will always be someone who is better at us for certain things even if we think we are the best

I'm not familiar with that - what's the different between a free paper and award paper???

• IG the first part is true. I do not react well to set backs but hopefully this will be a good learning experience for me

Maybe ask if you can edit it, if not, then just hope for another event involving writing on paper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!