And the witchhunting of Vata continues... toxicity in kpop

• So this whole plagiarism thing for "a move" is completely ridiculous, that's why I dont wanna go there again. But going after a guy (Vata) who is not even popular and is trying to build himself, plus them trying to ruin his future, cyber bullying him, insulting him and his family personally and most importantly giving him DEATH THREATS is just not acceptable for whatever reason it is!!

I'm familiar with the toxicity of kpop community but sometimes I wish that people would at least have empathy and use their brains before they decide to ruin somebody.

Here are just afew examples from today, by the way he has been under merciless attack for days now on all social media platforms.

• It seems the only way for ateez stans to bring attention to ateez is by bitching and whining all the time otherwise nobody gives a fuck about them

*Somebody breaths oxygen*

Ateez stans: "omg they copied my oppar", "gib attention to my oppars, they are from nugu company", "my oppars have been breathing oxygen before that person" lmao 😂

• lol bitching and whining when the evidence is right there

ezgif-2-ca6833d0a0.gif'

His statement was not taking accountablity for what he's obviously done it's indirectly shading and bashing Wooyoung, the choreographers and anyone else involved. It's not rocket science, that move is EXACTLY the same move in SMN. Absolutely no way he just came up with that out of the blue. Does he deserve hate and death threats? no, but that wasn't even a professional owning up to what he's done. Don't sit here and make him a victim when he isn't one. He is literally friends with Ateez, he knows their music.

He has no shame...like talk about hurting your friends there. Atiny simply calling him out for what he is...

• It seems the only way for ateez stans to bring attention to ateez is by bitching and whining all the time otherwise nobody gives a fuck about them

*Somebody breaths oxygen*

Ateez stans: "omg they copied my oppar", "gib attention to my oppars, they are from nugu company", "my oppars have been breathing oxygen before that person" lmao 😂

You have a lot of nerve to even say shit...the way you parade around this forum with your trollish vomit.

sit down.

• Really? what more do you need!

that's not even a witch hunt, that's calling him out for what he is...took him DAYS to come out with whatever bullshit he just spewed out of his ass...of course we are pissed...we simply wanted him to ACKNOWLEDGE what he's done and take ownership considering he's literally friends with Ateez and this is what he gives.

We have a right to be pissed off.

As I agree with icy, no he shouldn't be receiving death threats etc. but he damn well should have responded much better than that. He's not a victim in this...don't make him out to be one..

• that's not even a witch hunt, that's calling him out for what he is...took him DAYS to come out with whatever bullshit he just spewed out of his ass...of course we are pissed...we simply wanted him to ACKNOWLEDGE what he's done and take ownership considering he's literally friends with Ateez and this is what he gives.

As I agree with icy, no he shouldn't be receiving death threats etc. but he damn well should have responded much better than that. He's not a victim in this...don't make him out to be one..

So he is a homophobe, narcissict, misogynist, thief, without character, flop, b****. Where is your proof that he is all that?

He thinks its the sequence is not similar, which is uunderstandabl.

• So he is a homophobe, narcissict, misogynist, thief, without character, flop, b****. Where is your proof that he is all that?

He thinks its the sequence is not similar, which is uunderstandabl.

did you not see the gif? IT IS exact it doesn't matter what HE thinks, it's the same. Please tell me you do not buy that bullshit.

As I said, the negative homophobic comments and death threats are not acceptable and I never said tiw as, but dont' sit here and accuse the rest of us of being "witch hunters" when we have a right to be upset over an artist we care about, this issue wouldn't even be this big had wooyoung not called it out himself. When an artist does it that means there's a damn problem.

• First off, yes it is uncalled for, for people to send hate and death threats to him.

The issue about his "response" is that it wouldn't be that bad I feel, if he acknowledged the similarities

But instead he tries to make it sound like it is our fault for pointing out the similarities

That's the whole point of the thread, the hate he is receiving is uncalled for!

He hasn't acknowledged it, but I dont think he was trying to say it was anyone else's fault either.

• That's the whole point of the thread, the hate he is receiving is uncalled for!

He hasn't acknowledged it, but I dont think he was trying to say it was anyone else's fault either.

The hate he is receiving is warranted, it's the name calling and death threats that aren't. He should have acknowledged shit and either apologized or explained better than that. Stop coddling him.

• did you not see the gif? IT IS exact it doesn't matter what HE thinks, it's the same. Please tell me you do not buy that bullshit.

As I said, the negative homophobic comments and death threats are not acceptable and I never said tiw as, but dont' sit here and accuse the rest of us of being "witch hunters" when we have a right to be upset over an artist we care about, this issue wouldn't even be this big had wooyoung not called it out himself. When an artist does it that means there's a damn problem.

The gif does not include the beginning and the end of that move , which makes it a different sequence.

I have not accused you or any specific one though? I said ateez fans ( generally! ) And there are many of them vocal about their hate.

• This whole issue is such a

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The gif does not include the beginning and the end of that move , which makes it a different sequence.

I have not accused you or any specific one though? I said ateez fans ( generally! ) And there are many of them vocal about their hate.

the problem is NOT the entire choreography it's that specific move. THAT SPECIFIC MOVE

let me keep posting the gif. Stop trying to say oh the beginnig and end changes it up. No it absolutely does not make a difference how he started it or how he ended it, the fact is HE MADE THIS PORTION EXACTLY THE SAME IN THE SAME FASHION AND SAME BEAT as Ateez.

ezgif-2-ca6833d0a0.gif

STOP CODDLING HIM....

• First off, yes it is uncalled for, for people to send hate and death threats to him.

The issue about his "response" is that it wouldn't be that bad I feel, if he acknowledged the similarities

But instead he tries to make it sound like it is our fault for pointing out the similarities

whats wrong with the move being similar though? Moves arent copyrighted, people use and re-use existing moves all of the time but they dont get accused of plagiarism by the original inventors.

The other moves he uses in the rest of his routine also originated from somebody else initially but they aren't attacking him over the fact that he used them to create his choreography.

This is whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

• whats wrong with the move being similar though? Moves arent copyrighted, people use and re-use existing moves all of the time but they dont get accused of plagiarism by the original inventors.

The other moves he uses in the rest of his routine also originated from somebody else initially but they aren't attacking him over the fact that he used them to create his choreography.

This is whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

You are right about it being blown out of proportion

Because I already forgot about the issue but Vata had to wait 1 week to remind us about it again so 1 more week to go

:dancer-pepe::dancer-pepe:

Lucky it's Ateez because if it was another popular BG I tell you shit will fly loose and when I typed that I meant it literally as well.

Like there will be literal shit flying everywhere

• the problem is NOT the entire choreography it's that specific move. THAT SPECIFIC MOVE

let me keep posting the gif. Stop trying to say oh the beginnig and end changes it up. No it absolutely does not make a difference how he started it or how he ended it, the fact is HE MADE THIS PORTION EXACTLY THE SAME IN THE SAME FASHION AND SAME BEAT as Ateez.

ezgif-2-ca6833d0a0.gif

STOP CODDLING HIM....

I think you should calm down because i'm not coddling anybody, I'm not even his fan lol.

It is not about the choreography, again a move can not be copied but a sequence can, and thats what Anze was accusing him of copying. But the beginning and end makes the seq different. By the way this gif is modified, its not the same beat.

• I think you should calm down because i'm not coddling anybody, I'm not even his fan lol.

It is not about the choreography, again a move can not be copied but a sequence can, and thats what Anze was accusing him of copying. But the beginning and end makes the seq different. By the way this gif is modified, its not the same beat.

It is the same beat...are you blind?? lol I'm so damn tired of everyone acting like Ateez has no right to be upset. This wouldn't even be a huge deal had WOOYOUNG not called him out, but he did. That's enough right there to draw the attention of the fandom. To have the original choreographer come out and say shit too. It's like stop babying him. His statement is shoddy and he's a shady person.

This is laughable now. The gif shows you everything exactly. It doesn't matter how he started it or how he ended it, that portion was obviously stolen from say my name...We aren't reaching when the original people have to come out and make a statement on it. AKP Atiny's aren't even sitting here making 100 threads on it either. As Icy said if this was another popular BG the whole forum would be in an uproar.

Bitching about what's said on twitter doesn't really work here...Twitter is a cesspool as well as other social platforms, and those people don't speak for all of us.

• Death threats should never be a thing I agree. But oh boy imagine a grown ass man taking responsibility for something he did, unheard of! Not surprised you're defending him tho lol

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Death threats should never be a thing I agree. But oh boy imagine a grown ass man taking responsibility for something he did, unheard of! Not surprised you're defending him tho lol

Because taking responsibility stops the hate and death threats right? Thats exactly how kpop works, no one holdes grudges😂

• Because taking responsibility stops the hate and death threats right? Thats exactly how kpop works, no one holdes grudges😂

You take responsibility because it is the right thing to do. Do you think not taking that accountability is making them go away either. Dumb af if you think so

• This is a non issue. There were a few artists who did the jumping rope dance from Mic Drop and ARMY didn't give one f$%@. Dance moves are the most recycled piece of content in music. Could he have said he was inspired? Sure. But he doesn't have to. Unless he copied the entire choreography from start to finish, then I don't see the problem. For all the recycling of key dance moves in girl groups you would think girl group fans would be worse than Ateez stans.....

• that's not even a witch hunt, that's calling him out for what he is...took him DAYS to come out with whatever bullshit he just spewed out of his ass...of course we are pissed...we simply wanted him to ACKNOWLEDGE what he's done and take ownership considering he's literally friends with Ateez and this is what he gives.

Days? Haven't people been talking about this plagiarism think for weeks but he just ignored it all until the actual choreographers finally called him out? Man had weeks to come clean or at least come up with a better response than 'naw mad I made it and ya'll just want to chip in on my fame and talent'

• This is a non issue. There were a few artists who did the jumping rope dance from Mic Drop and ARMY didn't give one f$%@. Dance moves are the most recycled piece of content in music. Could he have said he was inspired? Sure. But he doesn't have to. Unless he copied the entire choreography from start to finish, then I don't see the problem. For all the recycling of key dance moves in girl groups you would think girl group fans would be worse than Ateez stans.....

Exactly. You can see the same key moves being rehashed and rehashed again in kpop choreos all the time but never is there this level of outrage and aggravation. This really didn't need to become such an issue at all.

Exactly

Didn't he use it for a part of the competition that was meant to be about ORIGINAL choreo (from start to finish) and won said round then went onto claim it was originally his?

Army's not caring about the jump rope dance is completely different. Were those people trying to claim they created the jump rope dance and profit from it? no. Sure you don't get royalty's for choreo, but your creativity in making something new and unique for a group helps choreographers get work. No-one would have cared if he gave credit, or said it inspired him but he didn't. He is trying to take ownership. Same way fans get pissed when tiktokers take choreo used in kpop dances and claim they made it but worse because he is a creator himself and would be pissed if the shoe was on the other foot.

• Days? Haven't people been talking about this plagiarism think for weeks but he just ignored it all until the actual choreographers finally called him out? Man had weeks to come clean or at least come up with a better response than 'naw mad I made it and ya'll just want to chip in on my fame and talent'

The attacks only started after that ateez member called him out. Well he didnt and it shouldnt be this big of a deal.

• Didn't he use it for a part of the competition that was meant to be about ORIGINAL choreo (from start to finish) and won said round then went onto claim it was originally his?

Army's not caring about the jump rope dance is completely different. Were those people trying to claim they created the jump rope dance and profit from it? no. Sure you don't get royalty's for choreo, but your creativity in making something new and unique for a group helps choreographers get work. No-one would have cared if he gave credit, or said it inspired him but he didn't. He is trying to take ownership. Same way fans get pissed when tiktokers take choreo used in kpop dances and claim they made it but worse because he is a creator himself and would be pissed if the shoe was on the other foot.

He never claimed it to be his move, why spread misinformation?

The choreo being original doesnt mean every single move in it has to be original

• Exactly. You can see the same key moves being rehashed and rehashed again in kpop choreos all the time but never is there this level of outrage and aggravation. This really didn't need to become such an issue at all.

I'm curious like really really curious

Y'all keep saying the same key moves is reused again and again

Can you give me like 2, actually nvm just 1 like 1 other dance that look exactly like that driving move since y'all apparently claim "the same key moves being rehashed and rehashed again in kpop choreos all the time"

Like it's been many days and I haven't seen any so since you made such a bold statement I want to see which other kpop choreo has the exact same I mean for you to say that you must have some video clip to show me right?

• That move has been around since the 80s, just in different variations

• The attacks only started after that ateez member called him out. Well he didnt and it shouldnt be this big of a deal.

We must run in different circles then, I'm not even a fan of Ateez but from the moment the episode dropped people have been calling him out for it and I couldn't not see it.

This post is from mid September - https://m.pann.nate.com/talk/3…&rankingType=total&page=1

Actual attacks like this are horrible and unwarranted yes, but thats exactly how his statement reads to me. These are direct quotes from his statement 'I thought that this was merely a cold breeze that would pass by,...I think that it is completely different from the intent and connection between the movements of the choreography to which it is currently being compared...I think it’s admirable when artists and choreographers respect one another. However, it seems like that isn’t the case [right now], which I find very unfortunate.' so Knew about this but thought it wouldn't become big, I made it and I think its different because the intention when making the move was different and these people calling me out aren't being respectful.

• He never claimed it to be his move, why spread misinformation?

The choreo being original doesnt mean every single move in it has to be original

From his statement 'When I first heard the music, I was reminded of a plain in the wilderness, and I created the intro choreography to depict arriving on a motorcycle or horseback'.

• This thread contains 189 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!