Rumors: Chuang 2021's Japanese trainees are dominant in rankings!

• Tencent is taking a big risk here. China-Japan relationship has always been volatile. Any sudden change will put a nail in the coffin for this Chuang group. I think the most important factor for non Chinese to make it in the Chinese market is their countries relationship with China.

Yes but at the same time interest is through the roof.

Kazuma's leaving ;( is creating massive outpouring in Chinese SM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/opt…tatus/1369324766016978957

"

vQ-DO-nw_x96.jpg

Emmm
    Cherries

@optimus_sirae

#Kazuma's departure announcement video has currently gained 1.3+million reactions and over 22million views on weibo! Everyone is sad I knew it
    Loudly crying face
    #CHUANG2021xWeTV
    TencentChuang_SG_2021.png
    #chuang2021
    TencentChuang_SG_2021.png

"

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Thank you for your insight. As a Thai person, I think it is just a matter of time before Vietnam catches up with or surpasses Thailand in terms of exporting Vietnamese talent & content into the Asia-Pacific entertainment world. A lot of the stuff I see coming out are very good, and as you mentioned, Vietnamese culture is much closer to East Asia than Thailand's, so I don't see any reason why Vietnam can't do the same, if not better.

On the other hand, I wish Southeast Asia as a whole has a more integrated entertainment industry, so we can grow together as a region, rather than having to seek validation or opportunities from the East Asian market.

• Thank you for your insight. As a Thai person, I think it is just a matter of time before Vietnam catches up with or surpasses Thailand in terms of exporting Vietnamese talent & content into the Asia-Pacific entertainment world. A lot of the stuff I see coming out are very good, and as you mentioned, Vietnamese culture is much closer to East Asia than Thailand's, so I don't see any reason why Vietnam can't do the same, if not better.

On the other hand, I wish Southeast Asia as a whole has a more integrated entertainment industry, so we can grow together as a region, rather than having to seek validation or opportunities from the East Asian market.

Thanks for the optimism! I hope you are right. But it will be a while before Vietnamese can catch to Thais, I think. I follow Chinese movies and right now one of the biggest films in China (really the world, it has a $700M box office!) shows a Thai prominently. A Japanese, Chinese and Tony Jaa, a Thai, for a film targeted at China and Japan. Thais are going from strength to strength.

A392CA88-BEEC-4777-8CBC-EB72455E0B8B.jpeg

2282C6A4-EFED-41C2-B750-1B0C6F5F3721.jpeg

Yes, I hope SEA can get together and create a massive market for our artists.

I dream of a Produce 101 that allows trainees from across SEA. A BG or GG that would be as well-known as the nation groups out of Korea or China. It would be SO great if it ever happens :love:

• I think the most important factor is developing the economy. More money means more opportunities for talented people to perform. Asia has the largest population and has the biggest potential consumer market. SEA has the 3rd biggest population by sub region so it can achieve a SEA market by itself. If you take out China and India, SEA is the biggest sub region in population. The potential is there.

• Would like to see vietnamese in chinese shows, all though there are two half-viets in taiwenese groups. I would have a greater interest in watching chinese Produce shows if they had vietnamese trainees.

Who are the two half-viets that you are talking about and what is the name of those groups ?

• Who are the two half-viets that you are talking about and what is the name of those groups ?

From DD52, which is a Taiwanese survival show.

Cat Than Vu:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ta Du Dung:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think if we do get to see a vietnamese in Cpop or Kpop, it's gonna be based mostly on pure luck and timing. Hanbin from I-Land is the closest to become the first vietnamese Kpop idol and I hope it happens. If not, I'm not gonna be so suprise either. Vietnam is still a developing country, and it will take some time before the music market is as developed as other countries.

I don't know. I think it might develop really quickly.

Hanbin was the leader of a dance crew in Vietnam and when I look at kpop dance covers in YouTube, there are so many Vietnamese crews posting videos these days. Some of them are pretty good too.

I can understand that it's hard to get vocal training though...that takes longer to develop. I think there will be some pretty good dancers coming from Vietnam in the next several years. I see the same in Russia too...except they have amazing dance training there...probably really expensive though.

• I don't know. I think it might develop really quickly.

Hanbin was the leader of a dance crew in Vietnam and when I look at kpop dance covers in YouTube, there are so many Vietnamese crews posting videos these days. Some of them are pretty good too.

I can understand that it's hard to get vocal training though...that takes longer to develop. I think there will be some pretty good dancers coming from Vietnam in the next several years. I see the same in Russia too...except they have amazing dance training there...probably really expensive though.

Vietnam needs a Nichkhun. Someone who can break through the initial barriers and introduce Vietnam's visuals and market-bility across Asia. Hanbin has a chance to do something similar that given his popularity from I-Land.

Russia has a long established music and dance tradition that is part of the European art and pop culture scene. Are we talking about Russians in KPOP? Lana is/was in KPOP but since her participation in Chuang 2020 has mainly been in China. David and especially Lelush have made themselves noticed in Chuang 2021 so it is possible between Lana, Lelush and David it can inspire more Russians in CPOP and possibly KPOP. The talent there would be incredible.

• As much as I want to see vietnamese on chinese survival shows, I think the chance for that to happen is very small. Like Korea, China doesn't see vietnamese as marketable, and not to mention the political tension between the two countries. Hoa viets I see more likely and we already have the girls in DD52 that we know of. I do hope there are Hoa viets in mainland China who are in Cpop that are willing to embrace their vietnamese side, and maybe show up in vietnamese showbiz.

For some months ago, I was confident Hanbin was going to debut. Now, I'm really unsure. Looking at HYBE plans that's been unveiled, I don't see any of the upcoming groups Hanbin could join. Giving his own twitter while other trainees don't, is a danger sign now when I think about it. Maybe HYBE is just using him to highlight their trainees? It's a dangerous conspiracy thought, but not impossible.

• As much as I want to see vietnamese on chinese survival shows, I think the chance for that to happen is very small. Like Korea, China doesn't see vietnamese as marketable, and not to mention the political tension between the two countries. Hoa viets I see more likely and we already have the girls in DD52 that we know of. I do hope there are Hoa viets in mainland China who are in Cpop that are willing to embrace their vietnamese side, and maybe show up in vietnamese showbiz.

For some months ago, I was confident Hanbin was going to debut. Now, I'm really unsure. Looking at HYBE plans that's been unveiled, I don't see any of the upcoming groups Hanbin could join. Giving his own twitter while other trainees don't, is a danger sign now when I think about it. Maybe HYBE is just using him to highlight their trainees? It's a dangerous conspiracy thought, but not impossible.

I'm almost certain there are/were Viet Hoas somewhere in CPOP. Most probably among the hundreds of contestants who've passed through IQIYI and Tencent survival shows. I knew there were some in Chinese cinema including Tsui Hark and Maggie Q who were A-list.

As for embracing their Vietnamese side, I could understand why they might not have bothered because of history. Many of them are there because their grandparents were forced out of Vietnam for having Chinese ancestry. Once in China, they probably want to get away from the stigma of being refugees. And the truth is, it is too easy for a Vietnamese even a full-blooded Kinh to blend into China without anyone knowing.

My mother's family were originally from Hanoi and a large number of their relatives went to China as refugees in 1970s. My grandparents from Saigon left by boat and were interred in Hong Kong before ending up in the US. My maternal grandparents had found and kept in touch with the China side of the family for years. But I guess the kids on both branches have lost touch since probably we've blended into our respective countries in the US or China.

The girls in Taiwan are younger and their family history more recent so their Vietnamese side is more fresh and they didn't have to go through the stigma of their parents being refugees.

I hope history can heal over time and we can have a single market across East and Southeast Asia.

As for Vietnamese marketbility, I really don't think they have issues with Vietnamese. Viet songs have gone viral on Douyin (Chinese Tik Tok) and of course you know about HKT (unfortunately.)

Sometimes, I don't think the C-ent companies understand how popular Chinese culture (Tik Tok, CPOP, CDrama) is in Vietnam. Because if they do, Tencent should be recruiting in Vietnam for their shows and not just Thailand and Malaysia. Just like RBW does for Korean companies.

I'm still hopeful for Hanbin but I can't start thinking it will automatically happen because it'll hurt if it doesn't. I still couldn't understand how Hanbin who ranked 4th can still not make the debuting lineup. I mean WTF? I already know he won't be in a group because there is absolutely no indication even when others (like Nicholas) were rumor and he was not. I just hope they will try him at solo. The twitter account sorta supports that. But I can't bank on anything.

• I really hope there will be hoa viets Cpop idols or trainees who will not be afraid of embracing their vietnamese side. Just like the DD52 girls with one of them wearing ao dai.

Seen some vietnamese fanpages of Cpop, but they are a minority. I feel many vietnamese are still anti-China and I kind of understand why too. The political tension between the two countries are not decreasing.

If I were Hanbin, I should ask Belift to terminate my contract, so I can audition for other agencies where the chances for debut are higher. I think Vietnam needs to go the nugu route. Like Dita from Indonesia with SN and look how well they are doing. Despite coming from a small company.

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

• I really hope there will be hoa viets Cpop idols or trainees who will not be afraid of embracing their vietnamese side. Just like the DD52 girls with one of them wearing ao dai.

Seen some vietnamese fanpages of Cpop, but they are a minority. I feel many vietnamese are still anti-China and I kind of understand why too. The political tension between the two countries are not decreasing.

If I were Hanbin, I should ask Belift to terminate my contract, so I can audition for other agencies where the chances for debut are higher. I think Vietnam needs to go the nugu route. Like Dita from Indonesia with SN and look how well they are doing. Despite coming from a small company.

Yes, I think there is a lot of anti-Chinese sentiment among Vietnamese. But you'd be surprised. There is a huge amount of Viet-subbed videos on YT on C-ent -- music, dramas, Tiktok, movies, animations, etc.

To be honest, it is how I found stuff when I started getting into CPOP. Far easier to type in names of Chinese songs in quoc ngu (Viet alphabets) than chinese characters.

Like my avatar, Cuc Tinh Yi:

The funny thing is the Vietnamese subbed videos often get millions of hits more than the original Chinese ones on YT.

The Viet-subbed version of Mang Chung had 57M views:

Anyways, China and Korea and Japan have a lot of antipathy as well. Maybe even worse than China and Vietnam. But there were Chinese trainees on Korean Produces and 17 Japanese trainees on Chuang. So I hope culture can bring Asians together instead of apart.

• I thank you for your answer.

Cát Thần Vũ (葛宸羽) is Gé Chén Yǔ (葛宸羽) aka KBao from the C-pop girl band Girls On Fire (G.O.F).

Their first music video is a nice looking badass MV but only got 359 000 views on Youtube :

29 September 2020 :

《G.O.F》- Fairy Temple Official Music Video|官方完整MV :

External Content www.youtube.com

Is this girl band popular ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!