I used to not understand it when Americans wanted their entire police department defended

• Now I totally do

Bruh they need to be dismantled

Reforms won't be enough for those fuckers

They went to a scene of kidnapping and shot the kid that was kidnapped, like wtf???? And they have a legal defense bc they aren't really obligated to save and protect the people. That's just money being wasted.

If you call them bc your car is stuck and you need assistance? Congrats you get shot and you are dead

If you call them bc you are kidnapped? Congrats you get shot and you are dead

If you them bc you have a mental health crisis? Congrats you get shot and you are dead

I guess there isn't much saving left to do when they shoot the victims

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• keeping the status quo is a very very "important" sentiment across the world

especially those with lobbying power and influence

What is the status quo in this scenario? How would shooting a kidnapped child would fit into that?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Click for TOP Message this Thread.

(Suggestion) , you should post URLs (links) to News Sources
    that reference what you speak of it ... Otherwise , it is extremely confusing.

I mean the titled refers to Americans so I figured people know it's about US police

here is a link to reddit mega thread

15 year old, kidnap victim jumped out of the car of her homicidal kidnapper and ran to safety toward police, who promptly shot & killed her.
    Posted in r/WhitePeopleTwitter by u/mastermusk • 73,054 points and 5,557 comments
    www.reddit.com

• I meant the police departments...

they want to keep the status quo and not bring about change

Yup so dismantling them was the right approach

I used to think they can be reformed but in light of new evidence changed my mind

• Yup so dismantling them was the right approach

I used to think they can be reformed but in light of new evidence changed my mind

that's the goal but whether that's feasible or not is another thing...

systematic dismantling of a police department is next to impossible...

do you know of or have you john oliver?

• that's the goal but whether that's feasible or not is another thing...

systematic dismantling of a police department is next to impossible...

do you know of or have you john oliver?

I know abit of the dude not much

I think they should start with making it their duty to protect people. They can't just sit on their asses and wait for crimes to happen then walk in and shoot everyone.

• I know abit of the dude not much

I think they should start with making it their duty to protect people. They can't just sit on their asses and wait for crimes to happen then walk in and shoot everyone.

you should watch his show it's pretty funny and he does a segment each week on an relative important topic and he's covered systematic police issues before

these are two

External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

• I know a bit ...

forum.allkpop.com/thread/?postID=3813617

Click for TOP Message this Thread.

First , in *Your* THREAD TITLE = (last word) = *DEFENDED* ...

Did you mean instead say (Police) *DISBANDED* ... ???

You can use EDIT feature to change the THREAD TITLE.

apnews.com/article/shootings-violence-california

(USA) Police uncertain if girl killed in shootout was abducted ; 2022.09.29

Observation -->

Is this the USA POLICE incident that you refer to it ???

There are a number of *layers* of USA POLICE too ...

You have *Local* POLICE (City) ; County SHERIFFS ...

Highway Patrol (Interstate Freeways) ; Federal FBI ...

Anyway , you can NOT have a NATION with NO POLICE or LAWS ...

Well , you can have MYANMAR nation , if you want to call it that.

Some people feel that MYANMAR = N.KOREA = RUSSIA lately ... :wink:

Finally , you should consider to use APnews.com website

as your *credible* source for USA based news (so URL references).

Edited 5 times, last by krell ().

• there needs to be an overhaul and retraining for a lot of police departments and of course accountability

but I won't pretend to know how difficult their job is depending on the situation but I'm talking basic stuff

• there needs to be an overhaul and retraining for a lot of police departments and of course accountability

but I won't pretend to know how difficult their job is depending on the situation but I'm talking basic stuff

Not shooting the child you were supposed to rescue is pretty basic

• First of all we should stop the generalization, extreme cases like this does not make the norm, even though they shouldn’t exist in the first place. People are quick to make the police the evil force because of a few bad incidents and ignore the thousands of times they did exactly their job. That being said.

Nevertheless…the American police needs a reform when it comes to training, especially in the psychological aspect, because this causes the quick reactions to danger. When it comes to investigation, the American police force are one of the best in the world, but they lack training in de-escalation. They to fearful, but then again almost everyone in America can own a gun, so their danger level is also higher.

And the training period is way to short, here in Germany you got to train for 3.5 years and you need a specific educational level to join.

For better police officers they need better training and selection and all this cost money, so cutting funds or dismantling them won’t really help. Yeah it might feel like a quick punishment, but what after ?

Of course they have to take more accountability for police officers who abuse their power.

Dismantling them seems more like an emotional response rather than a fully thought out one. The actual problem is that there isn’t enough police, to many officers who joined for the wrong reasons and many didn’t had the right training to deal with stressful dangerous situations. It needs a reform, not cutting funds or dismantling.

• I know abit of the dude not much

Figure the girl running to cops should have been shot in the leg first while identity unknown at that highly intensive scene.

Was the victim got shot taped by dash cam in police cars ?

• Was the victim got shot taped by dash cam in police cars ?

forum.allkpop.com/thread/?postID=3813617

Click for TOP Message this Thread.

thedailybeast.com/san-bernardino-cops-didnt-have-body-cams-during-shootout-that-killed-savannah-and-anthony-john-graziano

Cops Weren’t Wearing Body-Cams During Shootout That Killed 15-Year-Old Kidnap Victim ; 2022.09.30

As observation , these POLICE were *not* as 'Sniper Police' (special trained) either ... So , doing some 'scope shooting' for them , NOT in their capability.

apnews.com/article/shootings-violence-california

*** Being Quote ***

Police have said the only weapon retrieved at the scene was a rifle in the truck, where Anthony Graziano died. There is police video of the shootout that authorities are reviewing.

*** End Quote ***

My guess, POLICE will be determined as *within* their rights to do a shooting of this age 15 girl ... She was wearing what appeared to be *protective clothing* and ran toward them ... POLICE likely shouted 'STOP , GET DOWN ON GROUND' say *one* time ... She kept running toward them still ... At that point , she is likely as 'fair game' *legally* to be shot dead , as was done ... I *doubt* there will be any Prosecutor accusation of 'wrongdoing' by Police ... She did the *wrong* thing at the wrong time , is the sad reality of it ... Is my guess as how a Prosecutor will see it too , as in NO POLICE wrongdoing.

Edited 4 times, last by krell ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!