RE: “ Why couldn’t Pink Venom/Shut Down blow up in the US like Dynamite?”

• Dynamite is an english song and the genre is very much liked in the US. I would say their promotion was better (at least better than PV) and they are the bigger group there.

For Shut Down ... well, it is stupid to make that kind of thread now. We don't know how good Shut down will do.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• OP

“Pink Venom” and “Shut Down” are rooted in hip hop. It’s extremely difficult for Asians to do hip hop in the U.S., especially today’s mainstream brand of hip hop, without being side-eyed.

8c53454ab52264ed2ca7c89ea7d6411f.jpg

• OP

“Pink Venom” and “Shut Down” are rooted in hip hop. It’s extremely difficult for Asians to do hip hop in the U.S., especially today’s mainstream brand of hip hop, without being side-eyed.

Even with the power of 2007 Kanye West it was hard to crossover

(Don't worry, Teriyaki Boyz are doing fine, one of them started A Bathing Ape and is now the Creative Director at Kenzo)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In general Asian entertainers aren’t respected over here but a hit rap song has very little to do with lyricism or even skill these days… The most streamed rapper now is post Malone and drake. If it’s catchy it’ll be a hit in the US. It’s harder for the OG rappers to hit it than it is for the “pop” rappers.

If the song is viral anything can be a hit. Kek.

• Yup. Say what you will about Kanye, but this is what I like about him. He’s always been open to trying new things and giving what’s obscure to the western world a chance even when it’s not as popular to do so. He also dabbled in K-pop long before many of these western celebs did.

You must be referring to Nigo? He’s a legend. A few months ago, he dropped an album with features from A$AP Rocky, Kid Cudi, Pusha T, Pop Smoke, Lil Uzi Vert, and Tyler the Creator just to name a few. Loved it.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Love Nigo in general, the album was such a fun, expensive project, I especially liked the Tyler song. He's in my Hall of Fame for Japanese creatives, maybe creatives overall

• I don't get it. Why are we using genres and language as arguments when LGO, a Korean ballad went #1 at hot100.

Is it that hard to accept that BTS is much more popular in the Western hemisphere?

• I don't get it. Why are we using genres and language as arguments when LGO, a Korean ballad went #1 at hot100.

Is it that hard to accept that BTS is much more popular in the Western hemisphere?

yes bts is much more popular than any other kpop act in west, but lgo went no.1 because bts fandom is hugee but did it have longevity as dynamite or butter? obviously not, so yeah it really depends on the song genre and the song itself

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!