End of Ryan Tedder x Blackpink relationship

• I mean even if the songs weren't deemed good for a title, it could have been a bside.

I don't know why YG is fixed on 8 songs for BP, why did they decude the cut is 8? they could have extended it to 10, its easy and brings more income even, since they worked on it all summer, and since he still talks about he clearly was proud of the final version and Chaennie have credits on it too.

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• I mean even if the songs weren't deemed good for a title, it could have been a bside.

I don't know why YG is fixed on 8 songs for BP, why did they decude the cut is 8? they could have extended it to 10, its easy and brings more income even, since they worked on it all summer, and since he still talks about he clearly was proud of the final version and Chaennie have credits on it too.

sometimes I think YG wanted to be petty and didn't want them to get more writing credits he just settled for a chaesoo song already. He can be like that, it took years for CL to write and produce a song. He rejected many of her self written work when she was under YG.

• YG was just being nice to him. They obviously think the songs he worked on with the girls sucked big time. They didn't want to tell him that to his face.

• I think RT has been in the industry long enough to know how it works. The emphasis he noted was that they told him it was a potential lead single and then he was given no heads up when they decided otherwise. Even if they decided not to use any of the songs, they should have informed him after the decision was made and before the album promo —- this is the minimal professionalism and courtesy etc.

• sometimes I think YG wanted to be petty and didn't want them to get more writing credits he just settled for a chaesoo song already. He can be like that, it took years for CL to write and produce a song. He rejected many of her self written work when she was under YG.

Common sense should be that they should treat BP differently, you know you learn from your mistakes and all that. YG are really dumb they aren't logical at all....

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• I doubt it's the end of their working relationship since he seems to really like them and working with them but there's probably going to be permanent scepticism on his end around YG.

the shade is clear, but at the same time creative decision remains with the company.

I also highly doubt he will say no if they ask again.

He's salty, rightly so, but come on...

Some of you must think he's a real "yes man" with no principles, or someone desperate for work. In actuality, if he feels toyed with or his time wasted, he has zero reason to accept work with YG ever again, for fear that history will repeat itself. He's a known quantity in the music industry. The man has worked with Beyonce, Adele and Taylor Swift. It is NOT a privilege whatsoever for him to work with Blackpink or YG, especially if they're going to treat him like this, and if they continue burning bridges within the American music industry, they eventually won't have any left. That could certainly hamper their eternal quest for validation. YG need to stop acting like big shots and treat their collaborators properly.

• Some of you must think he's a real "yes man" with no principles, or someone desperate for work. In actuality, if he feels toyed with or his time wasted, he has zero reason to accept work with YG ever again, for fear that history will repeat itself. He's a known quantity in the music industry. The man has worked with Beyonce, Adele and Taylor Swift. It is NOT a privilege whatsoever for him to work with Blackpink or YG, especially if they're going to treat him like this, and if they continue burning bridges within the American music industry, they eventually won't have any left. That could certainly hamper their eternal quest for validation. YG need to stop acting like big shots and treat their collaborators properly.

I agree with everything here except the massive exaggeration. Tedder is one of the best local producers in recent history but he is NOT the entire American music industry lol.

• YG was just being nice to him. They obviously think the songs he worked on with the girls sucked big time. They didn't want to tell him that to his face.

Lying to people isn't what I would call "nice." Perhaps you have a very different definition of the word. Thinking a song "sucks big time" also isn't the only reason for it to not end up on an album. Politics and favoritism could easily be involved here. Besides, if YG actually thought that, they had ample opportunity to rework it instead of just leaving it at "your song sucks big time," which is the message they're sending to two of Blackpink's own members who worked on it, not just Tedder.

I agree with everything here except the massive exaggeration. Tedder is one of the best local producers in recent history but he is NOT the entire American music industry lol.

I never said he was the entire American music industry. I said he was the first bridge burned. But those are going to add up very quickly if this is how they're going to operate, especially when a bad reputation can spread through word-of-mouth. These are people with connections. Their connections can decide they don't want to work with YG before they even have an opportunity to wrong that individual themselves.

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!