So Korean government is doing a public survey on BTS enlistment, supposedly?

• A korean youtuber actually talked about it. They said that they have a journalist 'source' that has an insight on this topic and that the government wants BTS to be exempted. And they are doing a bunch of these polls to gauge the % like if the public is overwhelming against it-- then they won't push it and if it's the other way around then they will exempt BTS.

So far, the votes are divided but not overwhelmingly against the exemption. If this miraculously push through and someone took the bullet for BTS in the government officials, then BTS will most likely do the alternative service that the media is talking about. They also said that HYBE already prepared for the worst (meaning enlistment). I have a feeling we'll hear some valuable news about this military sh+t soon now that Jin's bday is coming up in like 3 months.

Starts at 13:45 mark

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah it is pretty obvious that the government does not want them to serve going by all the moves the government is making. Let's see if they have the courage to grant BTS alternative service at the least.

• According to the dudes On DKDK News who have some pretty good sources the hang up is not will or will not BTS get an exemption from Military service. They are. The hang up is writing a iron clad constitutional amendment that other companies with entertainers cannot try and use against the government. BTS has certainly raised the status of SK around the world but how do you write the language for this amendment that speaks to their level of greatness and how someone will need to match it in order to be considered for an exemption as well. I can see where this is being considered very carefully

• shouldn't it already have been discussed and decided before they went on hiatus? why they aren't considering boys opinion? maybe they want break from music ? I don't get it

• shouldn't it already have been discussed and decided before they went on hiatus? why they aren't considering boys opinion? maybe they want break from music ? I don't get it

1. They are not on a hiatus

2. BTS don't have any say in the govt's decision

3. BTS also has alr said their opinion that they are leaving the process of enlistment to their company

4. Their thoughts about their music has alr been relayed in their festa vid which is they will be focusing on individual music and group music. RM also recently said that the members have participated in very fun collabs like bad decision and sexy nukim.

• Got the rumor that parliament voted in favor of BTS exempted so that’s why they’re doing that govt survey. The majority of polls so far also favor them getting exempted with the latest one agreeing to them exempted BUT not agreeing to them getting special treatment by the military should they enlist. Either way we’ll see.

• Got the rumor that parliament voted in favor of BTS exempted so that’s why they’re doing that govt survey. The majority of polls so far also favor them getting exempted with the latest one agreeing to them exempted BUT not agreeing to them getting special treatment by the military should they enlist. Either way we’ll see.

But can the parliament vote in secret without media knowing?

• But can the parliament vote in secret without media knowing?

No idea tbh, but also it’s very hard to find updates bc

1. Not all sources got translated (somehow the more negative news got translated more)

2. Even among the govt itself there are factions, so🤪

I personally got the latest news from kr-eng translator @jjimvely at twitter! But they dont always translate, sometimes they just copied the excerpt lol.

• Yeah I follow her too cause she is one of the few Kor eng translators who has the courage to translate controversial topics too.

• I don't care either way because only BTS members have the right to decide what they want to do about enlistment. I do hope that the gov doesn't wait until Jin's birthday though. I don't like it that Knetz are blaming BTS when it is the SK gov playing games.

• Again DKDKTV said the exemption was approved a while ago but the amendment language for the Constitutional Amendment is what the delay is really about. What quantitative measurement must others who seek exemption need against What BTS has accomplished for SK

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!