People That were alive in the 70s --

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've placed this in my mind as turn of the millenia stuff like 1990-2010 era maybe I can't place it narrower

but but but people says this really evokes a 70s concert/ music show vibe

People alive in the 70s or any time between now and then: please, I'd like your thoughts - which period does this evoke to you?

Edit:

edit2:

• Go to Best Answer
  • Yes it fits the late 70's aesthetics, around the time I was born. Growing up in the 80's, up to 85's in SEA, we had to watch TV/VHS videos and the colors were like this lol.

maybe I grew up with old tech haha

i had an 8.5 in CRT that looked exactly like those colors lol

huh! I learn something today! (being a 2000's kid, I was riding the coattails of Chinatown and HK VHS's that my mom can get shipped over haha)

• 2000's VHS had much better color quality than late 70's/early80's VHS :wink: My Ah Ma was seriously addicted to Chinese C-drama TVB dramas back in those days - you can rent the VHS of the C-dramas and they will motorbike it to your house hahha.

My lord I used to watch Wuxia Tv shows like that, Call up a chinatown CD/DVD/VHS shop a day before, ask for the availability of the tape containing the next few episodes and my mom (ok seriously tho some people I know refer to their grandma as ah ma as well 阿妈)would go and pick up some dim sum from a tea house, overseas newspapers and a few "only china" vegetables (韭黄 and stuff like that) and we'd go get the VHS last and go home and watch it lol

• I was a kid in the 70's and can remember the original version, it was the disco era and it was a mega hit and has been used in countless movies. I was so glad to be around to remember the old times which were the best times in my opinion.

• My lord I used to watch Wuxia Tv shows like that, Call up a chinatown CD/DVD/VHS shop a day before, ask for the availability of the tape containing the next few episodes and my mom (ok seriously tho some people I know refer to their grandma as ah ma as well 阿妈)would go and pick up some dim sum from a tea house, overseas newspapers and a few "only china" vegetables (韭黄 and stuff like that) and we'd go get the VHS last and go home and watch it lol

Yes, my 'Ah Ma' was my Chinese grandma from my father's side. I also watched all the major Wuxia and big 80's C-drama because of her before I left for the US. To this day, I still watch lots of C-drama and listen to C-pop because of her influence on me; although my Mandarin is so bad. That side of the family speaks more Hokkien anyways. Ahh I miss her - we'd also go to have dim sum an enjoy treats too.

• For the Wuxia fans, enjoy :finger-heart:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It has an old AGED VHS quality to the image but please note that things were not that blurry and faded back when they first aired but started to look like that after looking at VHS recording years later that lost quality.

Anyway here is some music history for you to compare it with. This is an old TV called Solid Gold. The show use to have dancers, musical guests, and gave the Billboard countdown ever week (wish this show would return). The song sampled in your video is from Gloria Gaynor(woman singing in video) in 1979.

External Content youtu.be

Edited to ad this version sounds a little bit different from the one performed on the TV show.

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!