What kind of company that you choose to debut with?

• What kind of company that you would choose? 15

The result is only visible to the participants.

Inspired by Daileemidzy's post about a group's popularity, I want to ask you guys something..

Let's imagine that you can dance, sing, and deciding to become a trainee.

What kind of company that you would choose?

Joining the big4 would assure you to be quite big in the future if you included in the final line up for debut. But, it comes with highly competitive selection and more harsh training. So your chance to debut wouldn't be big (unless you got exceptional talent/visual)

Joining a small company would assure you to be debuted. But it's kinda questionable whether your group could success or not. You will need luck on your side (besides hard efforts) to get viral and recognition. Else you would be trapped in the nugudom and had the risk of disbandment or inactivity.

Joining a mid company, is like the combination of both. You maybe or maybe not debuting. But your chance would be better than in big4. Also your group's future is also could be a hit or miss and still had the same risk of flopping and disbanding. But if everything goes well, you could be a mid tier group, earning enough, and if you become a hits, you might had a chance to be on par with those from big4.

• I don't know...I think I'd prefer JYP the most if I were to ever join a company. I wouldn't have to worry about not having a lot of fans, being under the company name itself is a lot of promotion. But also, they have a lot of money to back me up. They also don't seem to horrible. They're not perfect and has their flaws but they're not terrible either.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I don't know...I think I'd prefer JYP the most if I were to ever join a company. I wouldn't have to worry about not having a lot of fans, being under the company name itself is a lot of promotion. But also, they have a lot of money to back me up. They also don't seem to horrible. They're not perfect and has their flaws but they're not terrible either.

let's say that unfortunately you don't get to debut with them, what other company you'll choose?
    (also a question for waitingdb5k)

• let's say that unfortunately you don't get to debut with them, what other company you'll choose?
    (also a question for waitingdb5k)

I would probably go to HYBE and if not HYBE then a good mid-tier company.

One thing I know is that I would definitely stay away from YG. I'm not a huge fan of their styles of music including a lot of beat drops and how Teddy produces a LOT of the songs. I like variety in style and the people behind the songs. The main thing is probably I don't like how they treat Blackpink and Somi. I think it's mainly because they literally want Teddy behind every song, even if he gets help. They have the "quality over quantity" rule but they take it way too far. You don't need to have one comeback a year and only do multiple once in a blue moon. You don't need to have such long periods of time between comebacks.

SM would be okay, but I'm not a huge fan of how they run things sometimes so with that, I wouldn't be likely to audition for them but it would be better than YG or a nugu company imo.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Same here. I think I'd go with JYP if possible. The company has a ton of flaws, but I feel like I'd be able to endure most of them.

• Same here. I think I'd go with JYP if possible. The company has a ton of flaws, but I feel like I'd be able to endure most of them.

Yeah, true. I think in general, the artists don't get treated like garbage. Sure, there are some aspects that may show that some idols under JYP are getting treated unfairly but I think they're still pretty reasonable about how they treat their idols. They also seem the most natural and real to me, like they let their idols be more loose. Some companies have so many restrictions but JYP sticks to their word. If they put a 3 year dating ban on a group, they lift it on their 3rd anniversary. If an idol needs to take a break for mental or physical health issues, they give them all the time that they need to heal and seem to be a company that cares a lot about the health of the idols. The idols also seem more comfortable to be open to talk about their struggles. Twice actually talks about stuff that make them human a lot, they seem more open to their fans instead of leaving them all to worry. They seem to support their idols' ideas more instead of leaving it completely to their teams and I loved watching one of Nayeon's behind the scenes video where it was like she was doing an interview/documentary. It showed us how she had a lot of say in her solo and not just a "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" type of ordeal. They didn't move on until she agreed with the concept they came up for her and they listened to her suggestions and opinions. They spend 2 billion won (roughly 1.8M USD) to supply JYPE staff, trainees and idols with a cafeteria with healthy and organic meal options as well.

Jinyoung is also fairly honest and supportive. He comes off as brutal to trainees and idols-to-be because it's his job to prepare them for the idol life and if they can't handle it, then it's definitely not something for them. I see a lot of people complain about the way he talks to trainees, especially on survival shows but imagine if he sugarcoated everything. It wouldn't be easy when haters, "fans" and the general public is hating on you in a hundred different ways if someone didn't prepare you for what's to come. It was also constructive criticism too, none of the advice he's given has been for the sole purpose of to hurt. It's all stuff that is made to help the person improve in certain areas. I don't know about you, but I would much rather be constructively criticized by someone who is trying to support me on my journey than to be insulted by someone who just wants to hurt me in attempt to stop my journey.

• I'd definitely debut in a big company, sure each of them has its own flaws but they have more resources and your job is a bit more secure even if you aren't super successful. Don't know which one I would choose because I personally like YG style more than others (mostly because of BP) but yeah it's YG we're talking about so...

• I'd definitely debut in a big company, sure each of them has its own flaws but they have more resources and your job is a bit more secure even if you aren't super successful. Don't know which one I would choose because I personally like YG style more than others (mostly because of BP) but yeah it's YG we're talking about so...

what if you don't get selected to debut in YG, because... yeah it's YG that we are talking about ^^

what other company would you choose if you fail in YG?

• what if you don't get selected to debut in YG, because... yeah it's YG that we are talking about ^^

what other company would you choose if you fail in YG?

That's definitely a good point 😜 (but it's all wishful thinking because I'm a potato... that's why I do a complitly different job) like I said I prefer YG music/style but the company is still messy so it's not super important for me...I would definitely try with the other companies hoping to be selected because in my opinion a (relatively) more stable career is the most important thing (and as I already said all of them have their flaws no matter how how hard they try to paint themselves as good)

• I picked Mid tier, if I could pick one I would go to RBW, Mamamoo / Purple Kiss seam to have alot more creative and personal freedom compared to the larger companies and they seam to do well for themselves.

Although someone in here did mention starting in a big 4 company and moving away after a few years if that was the case I would go with SM as their style fits me most

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• I picked Mid tier, if I could pick one I would go to RBW, Mamamoo / Purple Kiss seam to have alot more creative and personal freedom compared to the larger companies and they seam to do well for themselves.

Although someone in here did mention starting in a big 4 company and moving away after a few years if that was the case I would go with SM as their style fits me most

Ah right, after I read some of the reply I also thought of going to SM first, since if I failed to debut, at least I got their vocal training, and it was an assets that could add my value as a trainee if later on I would join a mid tier company

• competition is not less in small or mid companies. Just look at how many trainees were training with bts but didnt debut. And like someone said even if you dont debut in big 3 it will be easy to join small companies as a big 3 trainee

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!