What's more important to you as a kpop fan?

• What's the most important to YOU as a kpop fan? 37

1. the group's music (30) 81%
    2. the group's image (0) 0%
    3. variety skills/personalities (7) 19%

Hello everyone,

Out of curiosity with all the recent bullying articles from so many different idols, what's the most important to YOU as kpop fan? As a kpop fan, what always comes FIRST? The group's music? The group's overall image where they focus on having an innocent image, mature, cute, dark, sexy, etc? The personalities as a group or individual?

I will say this but as a KPOP FAN, MUSIC ALWAYS COME FIRST TO ME NO MATTER WHAT. If I like their music or the group, it doesn't mean I like their personalities. Their personalities come second. Idols show a certain image to the public that they want OTHERS to see that is probably not their true self. We will never know the idols true personality, but if there are idols who are bullies then I definitely WON'T stan them.

If an idol was rumored to be a bully or is in fact proven to be a bully, are you going to stop listening to their music and stop being a fan? What stops you from being a fan and stop listening to their music? For example, if a member is rumored and proven to be a bully then I'll stop being a fan of that member but I'll still be a fan of the group they belong to and listen to their music. Or in this case let's use AOA as an example. I've always loved listening to AOA's music and I still like their music to this day. I never liked Jimin though and didn't understand the hype for her, but that doesn't mean I dislike the group. Then it was revealed that Jimin is a bully, so of course I don't like Jimin but I still enjoy the music. AOA has good songs so I'm still going to listen to their music despite how there was bullying involved and bystanders within the group.

I think it's important to note that you separate the actual group and their music FROM their personalities as much as you can. I'm already left disappointed so many times that I feel like as an old kpop fan, I am thinking about not stanning any particular members or have a bias. Maybe it's even for the best. Maybe it's best to just like the group as a whole and not choose a favorite, but like them all equally. Is it just me?

What do you think and what are your thoughts?

• Personality is what makes me truly stan them. I always want to know the idols before I stan them and I won't stan someone who I think is rude, mean, or just doesn't get along with their members and tries to hide it. I always do my research on this and I may like their music but personality is more important to me.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• tbh I just don't really care about what they did in middle school. As long as it wasn't something like sexual assault or attempted murder... I believe that most people have the ability to change themselves into better people. Like if we didn't listen to music created by people who have done bad things in their lives then there would be nothing left.

Same, what they did in the past isn't what I care about. If they realized what they did in the past was wrong and wants to reflect on their past and truly fix their mistakes, then that's definitely okay. With the true definition of bullying, what's not okay is remaining as a bully and thinking that it's okay to bully others.

• Music is the first and most important for me. If their music and performances win me over, then I'm interested about the artist behind it too. I'd like it if the artist is fun to follow and get to know them aside their discography, but not a requirement. Sometimes, it's a huge plus to be interested in them in order to care to support them or look forward to their next work.

Visual (as in outward appearance of the artist) is definitely coming last.

☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️

82c353870ef7fcc4f1a65e25a79150e5ffc6d555.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!