Would you watch a Mnet's survival show after what happened to Produce 101?

• Hi, I know that this type of question is kinda "outdated" because Mnet already aired a new survival show last year that was Girls Planet 999. But I wanted to ask this because I'm feeling lost and confused

I watched all the first 3 Produce 101 seasons but in the end I never was a huge fan of the groups that were formed there. But in 2019 I watched Produce X 101 and I absolutely fell in love with the trainees and then when X1's line up was announced I fell in love with the group as well ><

at that time I was part of another fandom for more than 10 years and I had another favorite group, but in a very short time X1 became my ultimate group, I loved them so so much

Then the vote manipulation scandal started and in 2020 X1 disbanded. Their disbandment had a huge impact for me, more than feeling sad, I started feeling unmotivated and then I even gave up on following k-pop...

In 2021, i was feeling a little beter and started listening to kpop again. and then Girls Planet 999 was announced, i watched it because i was curious. GP999 had so many similarities with Produce101, and despite everything that happened, PD101 was a good show and i kinda missed this kind of survival show because i really liked the way Produce 101 worked though the seasons

Next year Boys Planet will air and I'm still thinking if I should watch it. Sometimes I feel that my disbandment trauma would'nt let me enjoy the show and the future group. But I really want to try and watch it, and maybe even find a new group to stan and follow

Any thoughts? :pleading:

• i kinda took the opposite approach with these survival shows and just skipped to the end where the group members are already decided and just focus on them so it didn't matter to me whether the voting process was fair or not because i didn't have any emotional attachment to any of the candidates

• I am randomly not interested into the Korean shows but I watched the Japanese version of Produce and I liked it way more than the Korean one

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I stopped watching survival shows after DSP's baby Kara

the way they freaking baited and switched with results also being ambiguous

+ treating the rest of the trainees horribly and crushing their dreams

That one was enough for me to stay away from the mess that is the kpop survival shows

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!