What dystopian novel would you recommend for me to read?

• I was thinking about reading something that is a bit like ATEEZ's upcoming comeback.

Well... the concept photos and stuff made me get into a dystopia reading mood.

Even though I'm currently reading The NeverEnding Story at the moment and some other "non-dystopic" stuff.

One part where they seem to be banning art reminds me of Fahrenheit 451

In that book they are banning and burning books. (I don't see any book burning though)

Well... I have read a graphic novel version of that book.

I'm not that interested in reading the "non-graphic" novel version.

Some other stuff made me think of The Giver, which is a book I have read.

like the part of the trailer that says "a perfect world".

in The Giver the world seems perfect, but the main character finds out that it isn't.

Some other dystopias, I have read is the two books of The Hunger Games series. (I haven't read Mockingjay yet...)

Well... any dystopias, you would recommend?

• If you've not already read it, I recommend Animal Farm. It's very short, a novella, so it's not asking much.

In return, its allegorical dystopia will stay with you for as long as you live.

I prefer it to 1984 which is very, uh, dry?

But both books are hopelessly bleak tho, so yeah...

• So... this one is actually on Wattpad but it's nothing like the sht that gets written on Wattpad nowadays. It's called The Complex Series and it's four books in total. Wished this series actually got published instead of basic sht like After.

986 (Complex Series, #1)
    -first book in Complex series- In the Complex, where everyone is emotionless perfection, a young girl discovers through...
    www.wattpad.com

984 (Complex Series, #2)
    -second book in Complex series- Piper purposely gets herself sent to the Unknown in search for a rebel group. She kno...
    www.wattpad.com

987 (Complex Series, #3)
    -third book in the Complex series- Dana has been captured by Officials. She doesn't know who to trust and who to avoid...
    www.wattpad.com

274 (Complex Series, #4)
    -fourth book in the Complex series- Claire, known to most people only by her Complex number as 274, has always obeyed t...
    www.wattpad.com

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!