(Pann)The knetizens discover wonyoung is chinese descendant[1/4 taiwanese]

• well if i was starship ,i know wonyoung cbar is huge in china...wonyoung did well in japan.

I guess asia market is perfect for her.

tho we know wonyoung isn't full korean since pd48 (she never denied cause she didnt speak about that)

1. [+144, -79]
    Argh his citizenship is Korean, who cares? The tax of the money he's earning goes back to Korea and he's also contributing 1000x more than me in KoreaㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋWhy don't you guys go swear at all those athletes who got naturalized overseas instead?

2. [+138, -68]
    Jang Wonyoung's hater b*tches have been trying to prove that Jang Wonyoung is Chinese for days now and making up commentsㅋㅋ Just keep doing it, to us, she's Korean and everyone considers her Korean

3. [+131, -52]
    Those gallery b*tches came again? Go back ~
    AVvXsEg4xIJnSV37-15p5U1M5vqKjVyZchtSl2dZMAUT25IFWQK6vJg6qW5wxft7k2jBngtDiREVqTr56S1ir025k03CGsbgqohfZPBIuRCAziPKIrJSXrmeA44gtaFKM8EWPV4IUJGdMTPSZ4yQXoZN3uOB8r5nXM3Lh8urac7pJ3vCxQB_e3_2Q6eIXIFA=s16000

"She was born in Korea, attended Korean kindergarten, elementary/middle/high school, when she was young, she even had pictures wearing hanbok. She also has a Korean passport and pictures with it. She doesn't speak Chinese. She never even expressed any Sinocentrism in her. Her family was legally Korean by being a 2nd generation of Chinese immigrants and she's the 4th generation, also legally Korean. Her blood isn't even half of the half of Chinese blood. By being Chinese immigrants. Jang Wonyoung is not involved in any kinds of corruption, including corruption in college entrance examinations and real estate corruption, etc. She also made comments supporting Korean athletes during the Olympics. She's Korean by law and she's indeed Korean. She doesn't even have 1/4 of Chinese blood, so if you're going to treat her as a jjang-gae (t/n: derogatory term for Chinese), then that makes barely any of you visiting Pann pure blood Korean. If you're going to drive them to the Chinese based on their distant ancestors' nationality, I bet lots of you would get exposedㅋㅋ If she's a 4th generation immigrant, then it makes her great-grandfather Chinese. Do you think Jang Wonyoung, born in 2004, has ever seen her great-grandfather's face? You're calling someone who can't even speak Chinese a jjanggae and bullsh*tting about it, it rather just shows how much of an inferiority complex you haveㅋㅋ In conclusion: Jang Wonyoung is legally Korean, her mind is Korean, her blood is Korean. If after all those proofs, you still believe she's Chinese, then start insisting that you're Chinese"

4. [+118, -4]
    It's not like she's Hong Gildong, so you can't even call a Chinese immigrant and immigrant?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋMost of Jang Wonyoung's family call themselves immigrants, so you think that it just doesn't apply to Jang Wonyoung? It's true that they're immigrants, but it's also wrong to swear at them for being immigrants. JAng Wonyoung's family are well-known in the Chinese immigrants community in our country..ㅋㅋㅋ And they even showed her name in Chinese on Produceㅠ
    AVvXsEjA8fu5R8E8nbh_o35swNHJxy8s04WSzxZrHhey6rMhQVcu2vXQNQZbbs04cfZ_APb-6u3Uvg5i-UHxj3AoGQtTugiKJvkeB9O7r8d79cbAntOHYfmbU4WkhQm6IcvkmKjtchnM-rOymZucTvzMMKPDRbXTaVnm_4pus3j977EWNX6YwSKfFLPmvAqy=s16000

5. [+108, -60]
    Jang Wal Seung (T/n: her father's name)

6. [+83, -10]
    She's a Chinese immigrant

[enter-talk] JANG WONYOUNG'S DAD IS CHINESE...?
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• There had been a story since PD48 that her family -- not Wonyoung -- asked Starship to repost her name in Korean after they initially released it as Chang Yuanying to MNET. They knew that the Korean anti-Chinese crowd would have made it hard for her. They were not wrong.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• BTW, even the "pro" Wonyoung KNETZ sound like a bunch of racists. "She's only 1/4 Korean." Like any higher percentage of Chinese is bad?

Both her father and grandfather run Chinese restaurants in Seoul. Her grandfather was actually the General Secretary of the Chinese in Korea Association. Koreans should just accept who Wonyoung is instead of dissecting her ethnicity. Seriously how well could anyone tell a Korean-Chinese mix from a full Korean? Can people identify a Irish-English from a

full English person?

Edited once, last by VVisual ().

• Actually it is pretty well-known now that Jang Wonyoung's dad is a Hwagyo (Chinese-Korean) named Jang Wal Seung who is the owner of a popular Chinese restaurant.

But her grandfather is Jang Young Seung who also runs a popular restaurant in Seoul and was also the General Secretary of the Association of Overseas Chinese in Korea. He is involved with Seoul local politics and in getting Hwagyo votes for prominent politicians.

Wonyoung is Hwago, ethnic Chinese-Korean. Just like Joe Biden is ethnic Irish-American.

• BTW, even the "pro" Wonyoung KNETZ sound like a bunch of racists. "She's only 1/4 Korean." Like any higher percentage of Chinese is bad?

Both her father and grandfather run Chinese restaurants in Seoul. Her grandfather was actually the General Secretary of the Chinese in Korea Association. Koreans should just accept who Wonyoung is instead of dissecting her ethnicity. Seriously how well could anyone tell a Korean-Chinese mix from a

You did not have to go there.

• You did not have to go there.

You are absolutely right. I should not have used that word and erased it.

Just a bit of emotional outburst. My own grandparents were forced into boats because of being ethnic Chinese.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!