JYPE would be stupid to not continue Nayeon's solo career

• Naturally she will have a career as a Singer, but unlike Taeyeon that interestingly started her Solo debut a few weeks before TWICE debut, Taeyeon was able to do it because SNSD were all but headed toward hiatus.

TWICE can still do American Stadiums and Tokyo Dome Concerts so for Division 3, it will still be a balancing Act, but considering how many Comebacks TWICE did in 2017, 4 Korean Comebacks and a Japanese debut, I'm sure that TWICE, Nayeon, JiHyo and Chaeyoung will be making Solos in the same year.

Nayeon and JiHyo have always been favored by JYPE, I can see them still being there in 2028 when JYPE will debut Nayeon's grandkids :P

• Naturally she will have a career as a Singer, but unlike Taeyeon that interestingly started her Solo debut a few weeks before TWICE debut, Taeyeon was able to do it because SNSD were all but headed toward hiatus.

TWICE can still do American Stadiums and Tokyo Dome Concerts so for Division 3, it will still be a balancing Act, but considering how many Comebacks TWICE did in 2017, 4 Korean Comebacks and a Japanese debut, I'm sure that TWICE, Nayeon, JiHyo and Chaeyoung will be making Solos in the same year.

Nayeon and JiHyo have always been favored by JYPE, I can see them still being there in 2028 when JYPE will debut Nayeon's grandkids :P

Ok, I guess I can see where you're coming from too. NOLO's success will definitely bring success to the group as well, vice versa. But also, getting multiple members with successful solos can also help the group.

I can also see how waiting for everyone to get their solos first can potentially ruin the hype for each member's individual solo career. They may have to release solo comebacks as a regular thing instead of a "one and done" kinda deal to keep their solo career path a viable option down the line.

I guess as jimeous says, it's all a balancing act. Nayeon will definitely have to work even harder now if they plan to do NOLO 2.0, group comebacks, and other solo releases.

Looking forward to Nayeon's grandkids debut :smirks2:

• I wasn't around back when Sunmi was under JYPE. Just how bad was it?

Sunmi was promoted well actually but no one expected her to be the one with the successful debut. Even the company was surprised. Though I must say her debut song 24 hours was all by Park Jinyoung. He created her image. After Full Moon, Wonder Girls disbandment and leaving JYP she wanted more creative control as to why she did Gashina that re-branded her image and sound.

A better comparison is HA:TFELT and Yubin. JYP wasted Yubin’s prime and post popularity from Unpretty Rapstar only to make her first official debut in 2018 after WG disbandment. Then with HA:TFELT he controlled the heck outta her. He hated her stage name and said it wouldn’t work. Didn’t like any of her songs and didn’t have faith in her music. She produced and composed 100 songs that they threw out.

HA:TFELT is musically and creatively different than anything Park Jinyoung has seen and they butt heads a lot. He ruined her solo debut too. It’s why she didn’t go on that show for Hyelim when JYP was there.

Here’s the article about Yeeun talking about JYP trying to take control of her debut album. Wanting her to go the sexy route, writing an 11 page paper to him telling him not to alter her album, her stage name and so forth.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Edited 4 times, last by Park_Oppa ().

• You want Nayeon to be flamed, it won’t sit well in onces. I also think it’s funny how people think each member will have a solo like Nayeon even SNSD didn’t have that. Not everyone can be a soloist. They will probably do like 4 solos in twice . Her success is crazy for someone who started out so late after her prime time , take note she didn’t have a solo when the country was obsessed with her and she’s giving these results, she actually supposed to be pushed like taeyeon, at least a solo comeback once every year because I don’t see jyp giving Nayeon solo activities outside singing . The foreign members can do acting in their home countries , + Dahyun can be a variety show steady member.

They are a lot of ways to promote the twice girlies

Mina can do acting in Japan

Sana can act supporting roles in Korea, they like her a lot and her Korean skills are great because genuinely speaking, I only see four people in twice capable of solo songs and promoting

Tzuyu is worshipped in Taiwan , she will break viewership ratings once she gets on there

Like do you know how much twice achievements will increase if all the girls were promoted rightly and not just lumped together in an attempt to release solo songs. Because if all solo songs are released, the success will be very different, there will be comparisons, akgaes will be like bigger, it will be replay of Blackpink .

<3:borahae: YUNAGAYO   <3 :borahae:

img.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!