Probably The Most Bittersweet Day of My Life

• How did you guys feel on your graduation day?

Though, most of you guys probably couldn’t care less about this thread, I just wanted to get this off my chest as if I’m writing a journal.

If I had to rank today’s difficulty, I would give it a 10/10.

No, I did not have any exams today. I did not have a fight with a friend or family member, nor did I get bad grades.

Today, I officially graduated.

I am proud of myself for achieving this feat, but I am so, so, sad that I have to leave this chapter of my life behind. Leaving the teachers who supported me and helped me behind, leaving the friends who I leaned on every single day, shared every single class and moments with behind. Watching all the familiar faces I used to catch subtle glimpses of across hallways slowly dissolve into the background.

Before, I couldn’t wait to go home and get out of school, but today I didn’t want to take another step off of school grounds.

I’m not scared that I will lose my friends, in-fact, most of us will be attending the same university in fall. It’s the teacher’s teary and emotional faces that kind of choke me up.

In a way, you can say the teachers practically raised us. I’ve seen those teachers around ever since I was 11, most of them have been teaching me ever since I was 13-17.

They practically taught us how to fly, we eventually flew and took off without knowing if we will ever get the chance to look back after we all disperse throughout the country (a very big one at that!).

It’s very bittersweet, the way my teachers coddled us, I don’t think anyone else can or ever will be able to do the same.

All in all, I’m very sad but I’m grateful I got the opportunity to have them teach me.

• Oh my goodness, congratulations on graduating! I'm sorry it was such a bittersweet moment for you and your teachers. It's amazing you have that connection with your teachers and them being teary-eyed seeing how much you guys grew up hits really hard. I graduate in a few years and all I can say is that there are going to be some tears and some crying both of happiness, excitement, nervousness, gratefulness, and sadness. But it will all be good.

Your teachers were able to help shape you into the person you see in the mirror and I can't imagine their pride when they saw you walk on those steps and were awarded for your years in school.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• be not afraid of moving slowly

be afraid of standing still

change is inevitable but you will always have those memories

be proud of the person you are, be excited for the person you will be and never forget the person you were

• Oh my goodness, congratulations on graduating! I'm sorry it was such a bittersweet moment for you and your teachers. It's amazing you have that connection with your teachers and them being teary-eyed seeing how much you guys grew up hits really hard. I graduate in a few years and all I can say is that there are going to be some tears and some crying both of happiness, excitement, nervousness, gratefulness, and sadness. But it will all be good.

Your teachers were able to help shape you into the person you see in the mirror and I can't imagine their pride when they saw you walk on those steps and were awarded for your years in school.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this thread.

I just couldn’t bring myself to open it once I wrote it.

But seriously, thank you so much for your kind words. :)

• You are going to have a beautiful experience at university, and despite one chapter of your life coming to a close an amazing new one is opening up for you.

For me, I was so happy. I felt proud of myself, I felt like all my hardwork paid off and like my family really saw me that day. I was the first to graduate high school in my immediate family! It was amazing. It felt like a step forward, and I never wanted to look back.

It’s a little reassuring hearing that, thank you so much!

• be not afraid of moving slowly

be afraid of standing still

change is inevitable but you will always have those memories

be proud of the person you are, be excited for the person you will be and never forget the person you were

Yeah, definitely!

I will always try to go on my own pace and try to be productive as I can be, or hope I can be.

Thank you as well for the advice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!