Solar could be the next big star

• I know there's a huge nepotism scandal going on with the Korean musical industry, but I logged on to praise Solar, because I was extremely shocked by her performance.

She was outstanding in Mata Hari. Like outstanding. I had no expectation whatsoever because generally idols struggle to ease into musicals [in terms of expressing and singing] but wow.

Solar has some of the best stage presence in Kpop, and it really shows when she's singing too. Even though she's a very strong belter, she also can express herself while singing (which generally idols are trained not to do). She's also not afraid to be over-the-top, which is great for a musical actress.

Mata Hari was a huge diva and it's really hard to play her, but honestly? Solar did really well for a newbie and I think there's a new musical star in the making. Changsub is the better trained singer by far, but Solar completely outshined him in this role.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No, she won't. It's just your delusions talking, mate.

Why can't she? People from more nugu groups like Matilda are becoming huge stars in the musical world. Solar with a huge fanbase should have it much easier.

Also the amount of powerhouse vocalists is low in the industry if they want idol star power: Wendy and Yuju are doing more solo work, Seunghee & Sejeong are lighter singers, it leaves the path wide open for Solar. Power is very important for a musical actress.

• This is a fantastic debut into the musical world for her. As a fan, I was thinking she'd do great but she surpassed expectations. Idols in musicals don't always get the best reception but she's been praised left and right.

I hope to see Solar in more productions in the future.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!