The Starship curse of songs not really being a big deal but getting their first win

• First we have Sistar who's first win was How Dare You, a song not many has ever even heard of

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Boyfriend is next, a group many of didn't know even got a music show win

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Monsta X, their first win was Dramarama. They had bigger hits before and bigger hits after, so the fact that this was the one that snagged the win was odd.

WJSN again, had bigger more impactful songs before, but this was the one that did it. I feel like this song is forgotten a lot too.

Cravity, who I literally say nobody celebrating this win

Then there's IVE. This is definitely the most impactful song that actually got a first win. However, I bet IVE is gonna be HUGE and is gonna make Eleven's achievements seem like nothing.

IMost of the time when groups get a first win, it's a new peak within their career or a turning point moment. I never feel like Starship artists had a turning point when they got these first wins and they just kinda happened.

• Monsta X, their first win was Dramarama. They had bigger hits before and bigger hits after, so the fact that this was the one that snagged the win was odd.

Beautiful and Shine Forever were robbed. I still can't believe Dramarama was the first winner. 2x

• Hey I know Dramarama and I don’t even follow Monsta X. It’s catchy and was performed a lot of times (maybe on award shows? That’s how I know it. Also Alligator or was it Crocodile? That’s another song I know from Monsta X). So people have heard of Dramarama because I’m people

I mean it's not completely unknown but compared to some of their earlier songs, it seemed like they had higher impact.

• Dramarama and Save Me Save You are some of the most recognizable songs from each group though.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I probably listen to Beautiful more than Dramarama, but I love the song Dramarama as well and actually prefer the live performances and choreo for it. Plus, it has a really interesting video.

External Content youtu.be

• I probably listen to Beautiful more than Dramarama, but I love the song Dramarama as well and actually prefer the live performances and choreo for it. Plus, it has a really interesting video.

I'm not saying I dislike Dramarama, I just feel like it didn't have a massive impact that would warrant a first win.

• Tbh, this must sound weird but I was always so sure Dramarama was NOT a kpop song, like I was pretty sure I heard it before getting into kpop

I also remember getting votes in anywat for Cravity to win, I even woke up earlier than usual to see if they won it. ;(

526d260695f1e6be7fc576a759a81ce9eccaa866.gifv8f41e2de19fd3e53503e1f9bbaecb661064e5000.gifv0a61d4ea7129206fb3db97ab12f606316444f603.gifv

I'm throwing you away for keeping me locked up

I tried voting but it said I'm ineligible

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!