Favorite Quotes

• Post your favorite Quotes. From anywhere! Your idol, a tv show, a book etc!

• “And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”- The Great Gatsby

• “Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aurelio Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon that his father took him to discover ice.” — One Hundred Years of Solitude

• I also really really love this one because it was from a guest appearance on a Korean show that she did with one other member where she talked with young people with dreams and she was a great example. She's someone people look up to (including me) who's been training for 10 years and went through failed debuts and didn't give up even when she really felt like she wanted to throw in the towel. She sacrificed most of her childhood to achieve her dreams and talked about how she saw kids playing and friends hanging out but she couldn't experience that because she spent most of her time as a trainee.

( horizonshard do you know that episode?)

TWICE-Park-Jihyo-Quotes-2-1024x1024.jpg

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I also really really love this one because it was from a guest appearance on a Korean show that she did with one other member where she talked with young people with dreams and she was a great example. She's someone people look up to (including me) who's been training for 10 years and went through failed debuts and didn't give up even when she really felt like she wanted to throw in the towel. She sacrificed most of her childhood to achieve her dreams and talked about how she saw kids playing and friends hanging out but she couldn't experience that because she spent most of her time as a trainee.

( horizonshard do you know that episode?)

TWICE-Park-Jihyo-Quotes-2-1024x1024.jpg

Yes, such a great show!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• "do i ever cross your mind?"

• "do i ever cross your mind?"

eyy!! you've used it in your aesthetics before!!

• These are some of my favorites!

“We're all ugly, Ryen. The only difference is, some hide it and some wear it.”

“Speak your mind, and you give others permission to do the same.”

“Life is fifty wrong turns down a bumpy road. All you can hope is that you end up somewhere nice.”

“You don’t have to be afraid or embarrassed. No one does you better than you. You can’t be replaced. Not everyone will see that, but only you need to.”

“Every burn of every light inside every house I see when I look down from the rooftop has a story. Sometimes we just need to change our perspective. And when I look down at everything, I remember that there’s more out there than just what’s going on in my house—the bullshit with my dad, school, my future. I look at all those full houses, and I remember, I’m just one of many. It’s not to say we’re not special or important, but it’s comforting, I guess. You don’t feel so alone.”

“You can't outwit fate by standing on the sidelines placing little sidebets about the outcome of life. either you wade in and risk everything you have to play the game or you don't play at all. and if you don't play you can't win.”

“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”

"If one was to kill a person, he would be a murderer. If one was to kill thousands of people, he was a tyrant. If he was to kill hundreds of thousands, he would have ascended to the throne."

“Because like people, an ox has got to eat. For the sake of eating, a lot of work has to be done. If one day you can't work anymore, then no one cares if you're alive or dead."

"A misunderstanding of one year is a misunderstanding.

A misunderstanding of ten years is an injustice.

A misunderstanding of a lifetime, from life to death, is fate.

Their fate was blighted.”

"Doubt is the privilege of those who have a way out."

"Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius."

“God created her and then shattered the mold afterward, for the world could not handle two of her.”

“There are two types of pain, Melody. The first makes us grow, and the second gives no hope and carries us to death.”

许凯 | 陈飞宇

feiyu-chen-feiyu.gif

• “Every burn of every light inside every house I see when I look down from the rooftop has a story. Sometimes we just need to change our perspective. And when I look down at everything, I remember that there’s more out there than just what’s going on in my house—the bullshit with my dad, school, my future. I look at all those full houses, and I remember, I’m just one of many. It’s not to say we’re not special or important, but it’s comforting, I guess. You don’t feel so alone.”

f*ck this one got me ;(

sometimes my problems seem so all-encompassing

• brave new world is one of my favorite books

so here are a couple more quotes!

“But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.”

------

“I am I, and I wish I weren't.”

------

“All right then," said the savage defiantly, I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."

"Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat, the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen tomorrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind."

There was a long silence.

"I claim them all," said the Savage at last.”

• know thyself know thy enemy

1000 battles, 1000 victories

fav quote from Sun Tzu's Art of War

my favorite quote from Sun Tzu

“There are not more than five musical notes, yet the combinations of these five give rise to more melodies than can ever be heard. There are not more than five primary colours, yet in combination they produce more hues than can ever been seen. There are not more than five cardinal tastes, yet combinations of them yield more flavours than can ever be tasted.”

• Yes, such a great show!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, it is! Thanks~

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I don't believe in anyone but me and what I can do. See ya.

-Mugen, Samurai Champloo :D

“One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.”

Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

• “One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.”

Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Because you don't know that something exists.. That you believe in it! Even if it's invisible, I believe it's there.

I posted this before as a status and was called a delulu fan lmao I forget the Korean word for it >.<

• Because you don't know that something exists.. That you believe in it! Even if it's invisible, I believe it's there.

I posted this before as a status and was called a delulu fan lmao I forget the Korean word for it >.<

how can one be certain anything exists at all!

We only know we exist. "I think, therefore I am"

The rest is simply perception,

• "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye" - The Little Prince

ahh one of my favorite books!!

“Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.”

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!