[theqoo] ????: SERIOUSLY PRODUCE INDUCED BAD HABITS IN THE IDOL INDUSTRY

• [theqoo] ????: SERIOUSLY PRODUCE INDUCED BAD HABITS IN THE IDOL INDUSTRY

bypannchoaJune 12, 2022

AVvXsEjEI_1OaAfQa7CtXOKjr8xJwbO7VM6Xw-KFUiV-SpW8UJpyCMwSbMY-IFqQOU3IT81xAn-QDyXh6Y0myvm-k0SBkpZcM5bmiMmk0HqYzhmshnLdhjbQS7YeQ_6AaRjS04hTieNDJMI1DSeNQlYBOgd0V3LGvPFncWSqhmGZAMK4rWol3yYiQcx-zdOk=s16000

"For real, I think that Produce induced bad habits in the idol industry"

- Growth of Gga-bba/Akgae (t/n: 까빠/Gga-bba literally means hate-stan= a fan who is a hardcore stan of a group/idol but also hates them at the same time ie) XX's new songs all suck but they're such precious babies with nice personalities)

- Center

- Ending fairy

I've followed Produce for a little bit but now that I look back at it, I realize how much they've impacted [the industry] in such a short amount of time... I feel like Produce has fundamentally changed the atmosphere of [the industry]

AVvXsEgpxb6WkUUqBoxmh5-UTgedLE8fOVu31dEJSieyNH5Ump0JGP4wwoa9CPx6yImPEljx7g9Volrg8kFHmeVAKIkD9grEvMTbd9lVi1EmDDFOb3NQko1HjDYHP2qPUnujIpAxF3lJpTQVzD8JxFeLeB7Q1GA7fVz3Bni7xKJ2lEOD9jBM80yp3VyhjqF5=s16000

below are just screenshots of comments, we will just translate the content)

- Me too, I've stanned Produce groups but they've created so many bad things.. And fangirling at that time became so difficult, although I liked my bias

- Really

- I agree, I can't blame everything on Produce, but I can say that they've at least helped in accelerating these trends

- I freaking agree with the post

- I agree, I hate the fact that Produce has imported this from Japan... They reshaped CJ

- I agree and I hate this

- I agree. I hate the fact that fans are ranking everything now... (T/n: 줄세우기: literally "queueing up things/lining up/listing up/ranking" the meaning changes a bit depending on the situation (ie: 줄세우기 for streaming means you need to stream all the songs so they are "queued" one after the other on music charts) but in general, it means to rank the performance of your faves)

ㄴMe too, I was so busy doing that back then, but looking back, I was so weirdㅋㅋ

- For realㅋㅋ

- There were centers even before Produce, so I can't say for that one, but I agree with everything else

ㄴ(OP)Yes, I know that centers already existed, but after Produce, even rookies groups debuting had people wonder who the center would be and lots of arguments

ㄴThere were centers before Produce, but after Produce, even for groups who never had centers, people started to be obsessed with forcing an 'official' center on them

ㄴㄴ Ah, I can agree with the obsession with centers

- They've created a strong competition

- The ranking up of results, for real

- Akgaes really became worse... In the past, when you were found to be an akgae, you got hit

- For real they're so annoying

ㄴ They made everything obvious now

- Seriously....

- The competition became scarier..

- This and I have the feeling that unless you appear on an audition program, you won't be able to make it...I feet like they made it mandatory to appear on an audition program before debuting..

ㄴ Right, I agree with thisㅠㅠ

- Gga-bba and akgae's increase seriously...ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Please go back into hiding

original post: here

1. The worst is the queueing part + akgaes

2. Trying to remember Produce makes me hate it even more, it was so boring and cringe

3. Intensifying akgaes, ending fairies aside, the birthday ads and voting for ads are just too much after Produce... (T/n: there are platforms where you can pay to vote for your faves to get a birthday ad/promo ad in the subway/buses/etc.)

4. Before, akgaes and gga-bbas were always getting beaten up so they were quiet, but now, it's becoming an epidemic

5. Honestly, this is trueㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ gga-bbas and akgaes were indeed intensified through Produce

6. There's nothing wrong with the postㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. I don't know for akgaes, but gga-bas started ever since SM started making boy groups

9. Honestly, for gga-bas, you need to blame SM more than Produce... The moment they started debuting them, it became so severeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ But it's true that Produce intensified the akgaes

10. It's true that the atmosphere became totally different pre and post Produce

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• the only part i hated is the center thing.

Before Produce, of course there are groups with center but they often rotate it. Nowadays once a popular member is designared as "center", if he/she somehow didnt end up having most center parts / start or end with center, their stans will throw tantrum

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!