Is your country also like this?

• Well... that someone is a painter, author, musician etc...

But they also have a different job because the other thing isn't considered a "real" job?

I think I have heard that in some countries, a person can be an artist and get paid a lot of money without having a second job.

Or maybe it is only if you are a very popular artist.

I'm an author (kind of, I haven't been writing that much. And the only thing, I have published is one short story, and that was almost a decade ago.)

But in my country, I can't just be an author, I also have to have an other job.

I know someone personally who is a singer, but he has an other job because he doesn't earn much money from being a singer.

Some artists in my country do get "artist salary" though.

Well... there are a few reasons why I don't get that salary.

• Yup. Totally. People look down on artists, I remember everyone was shocked when I was thinking to apply to art college because they will think I will starve. I work in a company, I have a job, but I work freelance as an artist. I earn double from freelancing, but people I tell about it don't consider it a job until I say how much I earn.

But yes, especially as a beginner in the industry it's impossible to survive without another job. Clients always will look for the cheapest products and will try to reduce any costs, and then act surprised when the result is not as they dream lol. I think a support would help artists to fully show their creativity and not be obliged to stay under a company that would limit their views.

• IDK tho

But it trew me a bit of how one of the most famous ganster rapper (he is just a musician nowadays, no more a ganster rapper) was shown on TV 10-15 years ago where they surprised him at his job to see what he does and the MC was going into a Kindergarten, than talked to a small girl like: "Do not lend him money, he might does bad things with it!" the guy said "can I have yellow?" (in German actually wich means "Kann ich gelb haben?") cause they where painting on masks made from paper plates and he wanted to use yellow color, wich is "gelb" in German but the MC understood "Geld" wich means "Money" lmfao

I found it so odd to know that a ganster rapper can also work as a kindergarten staff xD

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Yes. Before the pandemic, there were people who could make a living off of live gigs. Now they are forced to do whatever else is in their skill set.

• art in general is a field where the income disparity is hugeeeeeee

The top 1 percent makes millions everyone else pennies

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I know quite a few creative types who would love to do it for a living without needing another job, but unfortunately it's difficult to make enough money. I feel like a lot of consumers also just don't want to pay money to support an artist, which is sad. My bf wants to do freelance photography/video editing/art, but most people who ask him to do or make things for them want it for free X/

Sincerely, CranMelon

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!