I genuinely can't tell if BP will renew or not

• On one hand, they are earnings tons of money from brand deals and photoshoots alone and YG seems to let them have a lot of freedom when it comes to their personal lives. Jennie, Lisa, and Rosé also said some things hinting at renewal in their Rolling Stone interview

On the other, YG's treatment of BP is not at all giving "this is our biggest act right now and we want to keep them and their fans happy so we continue to make money." Music-wise, they are prioritizing their boy groups again with Winner getting a July comeback and Treasure also announced to have another release in the summer with zero update on BP as per usual. The songs are recorded for Bp - we know that, all that's left is MV filming and a date, both of which are up to YG's control completely. Even aside from music, the way they handle BP's solo schedules is also a mess to the point where global brands have had to call out the stupidity. It really seems like YG called up Bulgari at the very last possible second to tell them Lisa was coming to this recent event - I'm sure they had to move things around because YG's incompetence. They really seem like they don't care about BP at all, which goes along with the theory that YG already knows they won't (at least all of them, looking at Lisoo) won't re-sign

Approved the thread.
  • Jisoo will re-sign because yg's acting division is far better than their music division

• Fans just like to self-insert into these girls way too much. What you want is not necessary what the girls want. I'm not blink but I did check their RS interviews and they seemed content with their careers right now, it was clear some of them needed a long break after 2020.

Blinks come of as way more ambitious than BP members themselves, you guys need to chill. They will comeback when the music is ready and the members are at their 100%, nothing less than that. BP is a small group, they can't be making comeback even when one member is not ready, they need all 4. During the group hiatus the members have solos and other activities, not like they were sitting around jobless.

• I think Jisoo might be happy to give up the girl group life. When she said she didn't enjoy performing and always saw it as a test I understood where she was coming from. She should be an actress.

YG's treatment of the group in general has ironically left all four girls with a strong foundation for solo careers. I hope they take advantage of it. They'll probably earn more staying with YG, but they're already millionaires, maybe they have other motivations now.

I saw today that YG has not updated Lisa's album sales since January. They were going to stop her from going to Bvlgari. There's a serious lack of music and a producer holding full control when they do get to record. Rose has repeatedly cried on camera. Jennie may or may not have personal reasons for wanting to distance herself from the company. And I don't think it's irrelevant to them that their former boss may be about to go to jail for threatening to kill someone. So yeah I can't tell either, but I don't think they're happy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!