BTS’ White House Press Briefing Draws in 310k Viewers

“The seven-member sensation, which has shattered records with its popular songs and music videos, drove more than 310,000 simultaneous viewers to tune into a livestream of the press briefing on the White House's YouTube channel. The regularly occurring briefings, which as of late have centered on topics such as inflation and the Russian invasion of Ukraine, rarely generate anywhere near the audience size seen Tuesday.

The White House's official video of a BTS-less briefing last Thursday, for instance, had garnered fewer than 16,000 total YouTube views as of Tuesday afternoon.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/…house-press-briefing.html

And they weren’t even on for half an hour lol. And they say people have lost interest in BTS. BTS drawing the crowd for important issues. :pepe-tea:

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• :pepe-toast:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• It's great that people are still showing interest (which isn't a surprise to me at all, I mean it's BTS), but this sort of rhetoric is exactly what I thought I would see. The event is being used to make a point about BTS' relevance or army's power, like it's a competition, distracting from the issues at hand.

Plus fans are talking about their hair, how handsome they looked, armys achievements as a community, things members did that can be meme-ified, and now there's an article about fans noticing that the attention of the press was on Jimin. It all gets turned into a spectacle.

• It's great that people are still showing interest (which isn't a surprise to me at all, I mean it's BTS), but this sort of rhetoric is exactly what I thought I would see. The event is being used to make a point about BTS' relevance or army's power, like it's a competition, distracting from the issues at hand.

Plus fans are talking about their hair, how handsome they looked, armys achievements as a community, things members did that can be meme-ified, and now there's an article about fans noticing that the attention of the press was on Jimin. It all gets turned into a spectacle.

their speech was two minutes long, and the reason why they got here was to talk with the president. we didn't get much content to talk about and armys already know their position on the matter. there's nothing wrong with armys joking around and making memes, that doesn't distract from the cause

WTf is wrong with you? No one is calling this a spectacle except you, the #1 negative Nancy on the worldwide web. There were reporters from Korean and Japan inside the briefing room BEAMING with joy to witness Korean spoken at the WH podium for the first time. This whole month has been a celebration of Asian Heritage in the country. Good Morning America has been featuring Asian cuisine weekly. Representation and diversity are on full display.

You should be the one to shut up if you are bringing up this kind of negativity to downplay a historic moment for Asians and Asian Americans.

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

But the fact they garner viewers is the reason why they were invited. I mean this whole month no one talked about how it was AAPI Month until today….

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

• But the fact they garner viewers is the reason why they were invited. I mean this whole month no one talked about how it was AAPI Month until today….

The saddest part is this is the LAST day of AAPI month and the only reason these people even knew about it was because of BTS.

To the people still hung up on BTS, moaning about how the real issues are not talked about:

How about you start talking about those real issues instead of continuing to whine about BTS?

• The saddest part is this is the LAST day of AAPI month and the only reason these people even knew about it was because of BTS.

To the people still hung up on BTS, moaning about how the real issues are not talked about:

How about you start talking about those real issues instead of continuing to whine about BTS?

Fun fact, they don’t really care lolol.

The only one making it a spectacle here and belittling it is you... really hate this take

• and some said fans are leaving BTS 😢

they can’t make up their minds. first they said no one cares for them anymore, then now that the White House broke their viewership records it’s suddenly a problem also that people still do still care about BTS. lol. I can’t!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!