Why boy groups stage presence is never discussed?

Approved the thread.
  • true bgs also rarely get bashed for lip sync.

• Because no-one cares about BG's outside their hardcore stans.

They rarely get variety appearances, CF's, etc compared to girl group idols. BG's make the money spin for their label by shoveling 20 types of albums and then slowly fade away over time.

• Because they're not as popular outside their fandom as ggs.

I don't stan any 4th bg, I don't like their songs, I won't watch their performances and people outside of the fandom don't talk about them, so I don't hear about them.

Whenever a gg debuts/comebacks, I feel like there's a lot of discussion (non fans included) about them so I check them out.

Ggs have more casual listeners.

Bgs have few casual listeners and a bigger fandom (this is a generalisation).

I don't remember when was the last time, I heard non fans talk about treasure, ateez or Enhypen for example. I feel like they're mostly fans. I'm not saying non fans never talk about boy groups, but they just talk way less about them.

And fans won't make a thread about their faves lacking stage presence.

• They aren’t as popular but it’s true people are just more ready to tear apart women for something, a man and a women can do the same thing but the women will get 2x more crap for it

• cause those people are scared to criticize bgs. Their fans are more rabid

• They're not popular, like skz is currently the biggest 4th gen group and I cannot even name more than 2 members. And I just discovered there's a member Dino in svt lol.

• They're not popular, like skz is currently the biggest 4th gen group and I cannot even name more than 2 members. And I just discovered there's a member Dino in svt lol.

I only know Felix (from skz) because I had this friend at school, whom I heard once fangirling about him. I didn't know who he was, so I thought she was talking about a guy (named felix) at our school.

• They aren’t as popular but it’s true people are just more ready to tear apart women for something, a man and a women can do the same thing but the women will get 2x more crap for it

As a man, we get more crap for doing the same things as women. It's about the perspective. Women think they are hated more and the same goes for us. :eyes:

• BG stage presence is talked about all the time....

• no one cares about them except their stans

• They aren’t popular

• just because you don't see, doesn't mean no-one talk about it lol bgs are criticized all the time lol about they vocals, rap, presence, etc etc etc

• Delulus op in here

They are talked about but maybe teenage girls really dig gg more in SK?

• For the exact same reason as why 9 out of 10 times it's girl idols' visuals are being shaded with PS claims not boy idols, even if it's a proven fact that men do as much PS as women do.

K-pop fans in general, both male AND female K-pop fans, love to tear apart girl idols (that aren't their bias) for all kinda reasons far more than they do boy idols.

• bg stans usually have a few groups they stick to and don't really make efforts to check out the rest so they probably don't know what the others are like until it comes to a fanwar

gg stans tend to be more open to new groups and checking out performances by groups other than their faves

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!