Tropes that you dislike?

• Well... talking about tropes in movies, TV shows, books etc...

One of them is the "bad boy" character in romance stuff, who is an abusive butthole towards the female lead. But sometimes this guy ends up with the female character, because he is so handsome and loves her. And maybe he is "bad", because he has a sad past.

And then there is the male character in romance stuff, who gets jealous whenever his female love interest breathes next to an other guy. Being like "You're mine. No other guy is allowed to touch you." Well... that's a red flag.

Any romance tropes that romanticizes stuff you would see in a toxic relationship.

I kind of dislike the one where one characters has glasses and then decides to never wear glasses again after the viewer finds out they are hot without them.
    Or the "ugly duckling" makeover scene where the character removes their glasses and turns beautiful and never wears their glasses again.
    I remember watching one J-drama where one of the characters at first has some very nerdy, round ones and then changed to some new ones that are rectangular and makes him look less "nerdy", after another character accidently breaks them. And I prefer that over the "no more glasses" trope. (by the way, I found that guy kind of cute... )

Well... also the "glasses = ugly" thing...

I don't think I hate the "I'm not like other girls" trope that much, but I remember reading a book, where it seems like one of the characters was trying to hard to be "unique" and all that. And I didn't find that character likeable. (but well... I haven't finished that book...)

I know that some people dislike "insta-love", so I sometimes try to avoid doing that in my fanfics and short stories.

Well... there are other stuff I try to avoid in those.
    Like most of the times I make the characters in my romance fanfics consent before kissing. Sometimes I would even have a character say something like "I want to kiss you, may I?". (Well... that sounds like Kristoff, but that scene is so darn cute.)

Well... what are tropes you dislike?

• Mary sue’s or Gary Stu’s

Where they are literally perfect,everyone loves them, and no matter what the plot will protect them. No flaws whatsoever or if they do have flaws it’s negligible

• i hate when its like cold ass male leads and and end marrying the female lead and have 564e kids LIKE BRUH YOU CUT OFF HER ARM LIKE 3 SECONDS AGO AND NOW UR AT YOUR GUYS' WEDDING WALKIN DOWN THE AISLE

My love language is violence iand 10 million kids and random possessive gestures, Even tho I’m a psychopath u somehow fixed me uwu :pleading:

• My love language is violence iand 10 million kids and random possessive gestures, Even tho I’m a psychopath u somehow fixed me uwu :pleading:

i killed you but bc you cried even tho im cold and a fearless mafia and scary and tall and buff and can kill someone with my thumb without feeling bad i felt guilty so i became ur husband who works in a rlly rich company :pleading::pleading:<3<3<3<3

Bootycheek

• i killed you but bc you cried even tho im cold and a fearless mafia and scary and tall and buff and can kill someone with my thumb without feeling bad i felt guilty so i became ur husband who works in a rlly rich company :pleading::pleading:<3<3<3<3

I’m hot and rich and have absolute zero emotion unless it’s related to your. I’m either angry or angry, I will save you from every situation and make sure your dependent on me for the rest of your life. We have a very healthy relationship :borahae: :borahae: <3 :borahae: <3

• I’m hot and rich and have absolute zero emotion unless it’s related to your. I’m either angry or angry, I will save you from every situation and make sure your dependent on me for the rest of your life. We have a very healthy relationship :borahae: :borahae: <3 :borahae: <3

yes, we will also have a kid and have a mansion together and you will have to sleep with the person who abused you for like 8 years straight~

Bootycheek

• edit: oh yea forgot, this is what it would look like if it were a yt videopasted-from-clipboard.png

Suddenly thinking about those youtube fanfic videos that are like "When your cold mafia husband locks you up in the basement"... (I haven't watched those kinds of videos though)

But I find it kind of cringeworthy seeing these kinds of fanfics where they turn kpop idols into toxic love interests.

• Suddenly thinking about those youtube fanfic videos that are like "When your cold mafia husband locks you up in the basement"... (I haven't watched those kinds of videos though)

But I find it kind of cringeworthy seeing these kinds of fanfics where they turn kpop idols into toxic love interests.

LMAOOO- no thos have some girl in an abandoned room as the cover and jk and sum random ass mansions lol

its so weird, like if a normal human being wont do it they wont do it either!!

Bootycheek

• LMAOOO- no thos have some girl in an abandoned room as the cover and jk and sum random ass mansions lol

its so weird, like if a normal human being wont do it they wont do it either!!

And I feel like some writers might romanticize abuse in those fanfics.

Like imagine someone reading those and wishing that their bias would do such things to them.

• -Any Romance tropes mostly enemies to lovers or childhood friends to lovers I hate it so much Or like romantic tropes where the person is like extremely creepy and they just fall in love for no reason

-Misunderstandings that can be solved easily

-damsel in distress/white knight tropes

-action hero tropes

-Anything that is overly stereotypical and pokes at characters physical flaws that annoying too

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!