Posts by sweetestmer

Last I heard of Cambodia in discussion to kpop was when one of their boy groups copied RDD word by word

LMAO

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

*goes to youtube*

*finds this video*

*sends this to all of my friends*

*saves it*

Not supporting plagiarism but like... this is kinda funny-

ikr! Myanmar actually has a lot of kpop fans, like my cousins. I live in AMURICA but my cousins who live in Myanamr are actually huge fans of EXO and BTS. And lately, the Philippines have been on the news lately, not for good reasons but still, they have an extremely large fanbase and Chanty, who's Filipina, is actually pretty popular too.

tbh, in my opinion as an alto, it doesn't really make much sense to make idols with deep voices rappers. I know not all idols with deep voices are rappers like Lee Hi, but the majority of them are. I can't rap at all, so there have to be a few idols who have heavenly singing voices that aren't shown because of their rapper position.

Like, imagine the insanely sexy, hot voice they would have. And when they have raspiness- :pepelove2::flirt-pepe:

I will fr scream :pepe-daddy::pepe-mommy::pepe-simp:  :pepelove:

so some idols with deep voices should be vocalists

Instead of 3D they should go for a total anime like aesthetic instead lol. I don’t think I’m a fan of 3D much.

yeah, i mean anime is pretty popular so just creating a kpop group with anime aesthetic would work really well. also the 3D looks terrifying. I once watched one of their MNET stages and practically cried because they looked so... jerky. they weren't fluid and smooth like irl idols.

i mean it says something when human beings who aren't perfect are smoother than animated people who are supposed to be perfect.

I mean, yeah. They're minors who still have to be under their parents and since more fans are usually teens (like me), we FOR SURE know that our parents are not going to buy us a 3 thousand-dollar dress we're going outgrow in a year. And plus, pedophiles can also try to find the things that they wore and buy them for a high price. They could also buy the clothes that they wear just to get "closer" to them.

I mean I get it, they're popular and luxury brands want that popularity but I don't think with this age and fashion any Gen Z'er is going to buy fancy clothes from like Burberry for thousands of dollars when they worked so hard for it, when they can get ripped jeans that can be bought on shein for like 5 dollars (no hate to shein shoppers. my friend spent 30 dollars worth of things on shein on his birthday. idek there was a men's section). People these days are (somewhat) thrifty while also trying to stay in the trend.

SNSD paved the way for white fetishism in Korea.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i don't think this is a very good example of white fetishism. I mean, a lot of people think Brad Pitt is hot and SNSD are women too, so I think that it also would make sense for them to like scream over him. it's not exactly fetishizing. Someone could like a Korean idol but not fetishize them, just like a Korean could fangirl over a white man and not fetishize them. Also, a lot of men in SK don't like to because muscular like Americans do, and some women might like that, but can't get it because of their country. So they might fetishize Americans in one way and then... experience them and realize they're not really different between Koreans.

Also, keep in mind that America has a more open type of culture while SK is more conservative. I see a lot of Korean dudes on youtube who like foreign women because of their sexiness.

that could also be a place where fetishism starts.

Obsession with white people in non white countries comes from a history of white superiority and/or colorism and/or colonialism and/or some combination of these things

Why is it in anyway surprising 💀

It’s giving “reverse racism” fake concern.

They didn't teach me this in social studies 💀

but yeah, I agree. My parents still think white people are superior because they're white. for me, i honestly don't care. i try to make friends wherever i go.

unfortunately i don't have a lot ToT

Hey. I read all of your replies and I honestly think you guys are right. Kpop is declining in one way, but in another way, it's growing. Since I joined the fandom in 2019, I'm like a "toddler" fan. It really helps to read your opinions and learn more from older, more experienced fans.

Thanks for sharing your opinions!

*These are MY opinions. please take this post with a grain of salt*

I joined the K-pop fandom a few years ago in 2019 when K-pop was getting really popular and the pandemic left us really bored. I think that the pandemic was a part of making K-pop go global and really popular, but after things started to get normal and people were going back to school, things changed... a lot.

Most fans are teenagers who were really bored during the pandemic and could slack off because, well, it was the pandemic and what were the teachers going to do? Send you home? It was also a time when you couldn't meet the people in your grade face-to-face and no one really had an irl relationship. Those who didn't even have online rizz were left to being lonely. That was when everything happened.

Humans really are a visual species, because soon enough anime was getting popular (and we know how many hot dudes there are in anime). Some people who didn't like anime attempted to find irl pretty people. And tbh, K-pop is really the only type of music industry that really, really prioritizes visuals over everything else. So guess what we, the species who want aesthetically pleasing things did? We turned to K-pop.

But really, that was in the past and I want to talk about now. People are going back to school and developing new experiences and relationships. There's a lot of dating going around (again) and people don't have to rely on Asian-people-who-are-pretty-and-are-literal-people-from-your-dreams. We're getting faced with reality again instead of slacking off and everything is put to a stop.

We know how time never stops for us now. When the pandemic happened, I was in Elementary school and just hit my double digits. Now, I'm about to finish Middle school and I'm a teenager. Since time never stops, we're working harder to create new relationships and strive for our futures so we can make a mark.

This is why kpop isn't as popular. I'm not saying that kpop isn't popular at all, just that it isn't as popular. We want a taste of real life now, to prepare ourselves. Not to scream over beautiful women while daydreaming about marrying them. We don't have time to do it either.

People used to be extremely devoted to kpop. Like "OMG I WOULD DIE JUST TO GET THOSE ALBUMS" or "I'M GOING TO GO BURN DOWN (insert company)! DON'T MISTREAT MY BABIES!". Now you really just see. "they really have THAT kind of rizz" or "she's kinda hot. she sings nicely too" or "I really love that song!"

Kpop is more popular globally now. but not like die-hard popular.

And that concludes my rant about kpop while needing to pee. if anyone wants to know why my "kpop"'s are spelled differently, it's because of Grammarly. (Yes, I use it. Don't judge me)