Posts by KangX

under avex so they're over before they even started :/

so so excited for new music even if i wanted a korean comeback first

I don't think it will make a difference. Promote kpop in Japan is a lost cause, and its especially more so for GG. At least Boy Groups can have decent sale where GGs chance of getting decent sale and somewhat relevent is nonexistent.

At this point, I would recommend Kpop groups go into the western market rather then Japan where the chance of getting success is way higher. Western market mean songs or album in English where you are not contrain by one singular market like Japan.

Like I get to finally hear them sing outside of an encore! And they did fine considering how hard the choreo is. Tbh we need for this to be more normalized than the basically full lip-sync Fiesta that kpop has become. And if the choreo makes it too hard to sing then maybe tone down the choreos a little.

I enjoyed it!

:claps:

See my comment. They did indeed remedy the situation without toning down the choreography. Simply singing the parts that does not affect much with dancing.

Anyway, I think it was a great idea. There is not a big deal for doing this. Infact, I think it should be adopt and use for kpop groups in music show. It make the show more alive as compare to entirely lipsync the whole song.

the hard parts have loud backtrack

only the talk singing parts are audibly live voices

how can you even judge vocal skill from this

This is true. I am suprised only this poster got it and not more. They only singing part of the song that seem ok while dancing.

I think it is great that they at least attemp to do this. It's a good idea given how they got overwhelming impression from knet and youtube.

As for judging vocal skill, I don't believe for a minute that the best way to judge someone singing skill is by letting them sing while dancing. The best way to judge a person vocal skills is when that person is at his/her most comfortable moment which mean mostly standing.

My thought. I think it's a mistake to dedicate time and debut in Japan at this particular time. Just focus on the main comeback. There are many competitors from the 4th Gent for SM to ignore and side track aespa with a Japanese debut. One wrong move could be costly.

The market for kpop GG there is non existent. Just look at Red Velvet or any GG recent releases. Even Niziu did not do much. Although aespa is more popular in Japan than Red Velvet, but I don't think it will make any dent there. Beside, I feel like Japanese love kpop because it's kpop not because kpop song have to be inJapanese language. Just look at IVE and Kep1er, their songs chart pretty high on Japanese chart.

Kpop is even more global now, so dedicate time on the Japanese market does not make any sense because you will limit your songs to a Japanese market. Just look at Niziu for example, once their songs did not do well in japan, they did not have any market to fall back on.

This is not the old day when Kara, SNSD and later Twice had some impact in Japan. The current Japanese market is non existent for most kpop especially GG. atleast most Boygroups can still have decent sale there.

SM structure and thinking are still old schools and dinosaur. From handling aespa performance to this.

I agree with the "just let idols enjoy the performance and interact with the crowd" :thumbup: it makes the performance so much better and better in the sense of really enjoying it.

Yes, its more organic if you will.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This recent Red Velvet video further prove why is such a contrast to Blackpink video ages ago. To me, it's so boring and sterile. I mean, it's just them dancing to their song playing on some Giant loud speakers.

Back in the day, gg's do university festivals even when theres no background music

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Although there is still back track not at the particular moment, but it does not matter. This is what i am talking about. Just let the idols have fun with the crowd. Just let them walk around and sing their hearts out. Not too much focus in dancing and synching.

People come to the Festival to interact with the performers, not watching idol do their perfect dance on music show. I guess YG figured this out long ago. SM is still a dinosaur.

It has become their image now, everytime they'll lipsync they'll get dragged. SM should have let them sing live in between, they're the only group who gets dragged the most for lipsync when every group out there is lipsyncing

This is true. Although everyone is doing it, but like the old saying. If we keep repeating the same story, eventually everyone will believes it.

Like I said. Kpop performance companies and especially aespa Team should follow StayC way. It look more organic and shield them from criticism.

The only excuse I give aespa team is they performed at 2 events in 1 night. But why they booked 2 events in night perplexed me. When they announced this, I knew there is no way its going to be live like coachella.

Singing live with backtrack is considered live in kpop ..

This is barely Live except at the end, but you know what good about this? Holding a hand microphone and freely interact with the audiences is great. It's not sterile like music show where idols just focus on dancing.

It's time for kpop companies to stop too strict on cheography and sync and let idols have fun at a Festival. I repeat. It's not a music show.

Red Velvet also Lipsync today at the same event for most of their songs. I believe the only song that was live was carpool which is required no dancing. They also attempted to sing Red Flavor Live, but it seem the backtrack was so loud that I could barely hear them.

Let see what Knet will say about this.

Also, IVE did not sing Live

I suggest most group should follow stayc to get rid of this coming up. Sing with a hand microphone with loud back track. I dont see much difference here with lip sync, but I bet Knet and some people do. There, problem solve.