Posts by call-911

Well Bts's butter made it to top of billboard 100 yet aespa beat it with next level on Korean charts, then charted great with their follow-up "savage" both of which are still charting in top 100 on melon even after a year.

But Butter was already number 1 for over a month in melon daily charts until Next Level slowly took off. It may have better longevity on charts, but afaik NL still peaked lower in daily uls.

op shaded bts and you are here calling blinks toxic :/

Conflict of Interest lol.

The task is gonna be incredibly tough. Newbeans is reaching new peaks on Melon as we speak. Insane. Blackpink is gonna need 500k ULs at least to take them down, that means very little drop off from LSG where they peaked around 510k-540k UL. They're in for the battle of their lives.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Attention will end up with 550k - 600k uls after BP's cb. They need to do more than 600k uls to secure the number 1 spot. Anyways, a top 5 debut is a hit already. It might climb up, but it's not gonna be easy since Attention & Hypeboy are still gaining a lot of uls.

BTS have a specific seat formations when it comes to their concert. Hybe is aiming for that BTS logo formation in the floor seats, so it looks good aesthetically. Maybe, it's a kpop concert thing? I noticed that kpop companies are very anal when it comes to stage settings.

BTS can obviously sell more seats that's why they add more dates in the same venue. So, whatever anon's purpose here isn't making sense.

Usually BTS albums sell at least 25% more on GAON than that of Hanteo that's why I'm kinda surprised seeing 'Proof' getting 3m on Hanteo already but not even 3.5m on GAON yet....

Do you know how many sales MOTS7 & 'MOTS : Persona' have on Hanteo rn? It will give better idea for how much 'Proof' might have by the year end....

I'm kinda sure their next release will be regular release because it won't unplanned like everything they have done after MOTS7 has been....

I'll check this later 😊

Bad Bunny & Harry Styles both are doing good and their albums are also doing great numbers.... Bad Bunny already has 12b Spotify streams this year.... His physicals are low but this year will be lot closer than the last 2....

Even if Bad Bunny ends up with 16B on Spotify, BTS will still be ahead of him since they are strong in Physicals and it counts as 1 unit unlike streaming which counts 1,250 PAID streams = 1 album sale. This is my top 3 predictions:

1. BTS

2. Taylor Swift/Bad Bunny

It's pretty insane that more than half of Proof's sales came from the standard version. Proof sales will end up with 3.8M - 4M this year.

Although, they can sell anything atp I still wish HYBE would lower their album pricing for BTS next time. But it's gonna be hard since they already know that armys will buy even a hundred dollar album.

Maybe they are taking Top album and Top Artist on the IFPI again, that's like... 3 year in a row?

I guess only Taylor could contest the title with a new album but even that is kinda difficult :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Easily. They will move around 15M - 18M units this year (8M - 10M sales Korean & Oricon sales combined) and the rest are digital sales & streaming. They are already locked this year.

I managed to not engage in fanwars thread these days. You know why? I just think it's ridiculous to fight cause these idols don't know any of us and the topics are so immature it's making me cringe. But not to be hypocrite, I had the urge to 'clapback' especially when my mood was down, but I just remind myself that it's not worth fighting stranger people in the internet.

But I admit I also visit fanwars thread for fun and imagine the scenario if all was said irl, then I cringe again cause normal people don't act like that 🤷‍♀️ Lastly, it's also funny seeing kpop fans throw rocks at each other calling one another as jobless, triggered, sensitive and all thee hypocricy when it's the same adjectives to all fans who engage in these type of fanwars.

I feel the same as you. I am anticipating announcements.

I really need to know some info because it would be fun to see IRL armys in seoul or busan. I bet the crowd will be wild there.

context: I will be in south korea in October.

Are u travelling alone? Cause I will to see them as ot7 for the last time lol. Praying to get tix easily cause it's def gonna be a bloodbath once they drop the date.

I didn't even know their "struggles" before I stan them. So some people should spare me with "their underdog story is the reason why they got fans"

Plsss. The way I cringed when I first watched those 'underdog story' & struggles when it got recommended by YouTube. A lot of those narrative are exaggerated and sometimes even made up. Never understood why some armys don't call out the YT creators who made those kind of videos. But yes, I didn't even know about these narrative until I became a fan already.

I get your point, OP. But it's not solely luck. BTS is a solid group with a vast discography that appeals to a lot of people. And as much as I hate HYBE, they still formed BTS and funded their music before they got widely popular.

Still, the members compliment each other and they are very compelling and charismatic performers. I can go on and on, but the bottom line is success does not have 1 formula. It's a combination of luck, hardwork, consistency, good support system and good music. If it was just luck then BTS would be like your average group that was debuted from a Big 4 company.

What is this? Media are always the root of it's evil. And if they want to do a better comparison atleast compare it with the same year of BP's 2019 to BTS. Apparently, Blackpink's 2019 tour was attended by 470k people whereas BTS' 2019 tour was attended by 2M people. BTS is not even touring this year cause if they would, they can easily sell 3M tickets. They have nothing to compare if that even makes sense.

The members would cover lots of songs and get their fandom to spam any army here in videos.

I've never seen any kind of comments like 'Any army here'. Some people who became a bts fan might have, but I'm pretty sure a great majority of them became aware of BTS through traditional means like Social Media, YT recommendations, seeing them on news or local tv shows or hearing their songs somewhere else. I've personally knew about them through a friend who used to be a huge bts fan. Just sharing this cause I've seen quite a few comments like you said.

This is all strategic in their rise. All very clever. BTS themselves could make any group huge. But they don't have much interest in their junior groups.

???

And YouTube is not even armys prefered platform. Most armys in recent years mainly stream on Spotify.

It's not just armys streaming their music. Majority of them are casual listeners/fans actively streaming their music on Spotify. Besides, people stream on demand now. And it's noticeable that a great majority of BTS' listeners don't interact with other kpop groups' music if we compare the stats. I find it fascinating that they have a huge reach outside your average kpop fans which is obviously not the case to the rest.