Posts by Quaintrelle

Ok I really don't comment a lot, or even at all but I wanna say my peice on this because it is a recurring topic.

Nobody denies 2nd gen is important to BTS and 3rd gen, same as 1st gen is important to 2nd gen, and same as 3r gen is important to 4th gen, artist take inspiration from the artists before them, nothing new here.

The thing with BTS is not that they were first in things, it is that their success actually made the industry want to really focus on the west/USA/Billboard. Before that you had trials like SM trying once with Boa, failing and then trying one more time with SNSD but not doing much with it, because tbh the US market is very competitive and why go there if you have SEA which was welcoming to KPOP and new territoryfor KPOP at that time. 2nd gen (mainly SNSD, SUJU, BB, 2NE1) focused and paved the way for SEA fame. But not much to the US/west.

I wouldn't say Psy made companies focus on US charts again, because after GS went viral, and Gentleman going semi viral too, groups didn't aim for the US. But is he important to kpop? Yes he is, people also got to know kpop because of him, so yes he also helped pave the way in US/west.

In conclusion, paving the way doesn't come from nothing, some groups in 2nd gen did their part, Psy did his part, Blackpink also are helping in this. But you can't deny BTS made the biggest "paving" for the US/west. You can compare the kpop fame in the US/west after 2012/2013 and after 2017/2018 and you would see an exponential rise in 2018 because of BTS rising there.

They proved to companies that focusing at the US market is not unfruitful, and many groups after BTS success got signed to labels, got US album disturbution, right now Kpop groups are becoming casuals on night shows.

So it is disrespectful for BTS to diminish their part in this, they did help alot with this expansion.

This is why I hate cryptic massages.

If the actress didn't want to be involved she shouldn't have commented at all.

Why are you all so quick to believe that Soojin bullied, when Soojin said she didn't with other classmates also defending her.

Both sides have people saying different things so lets wait before blaming someone.

Don't choose sides yet, there is some psychos who also like to ruin successful careers too.

Despite the way its worded, which is very normal way to express yourself in twitter, I agree with this.

Many idol group songs have beautiful lyrics, and some idioms/phrases are expressed very beautifully in Korean as opposed to English.

Its the same as English songs for example, if you find the lyrics relatable you like the song even more.

I can't imagine somebody listening to kpop for more than a year without at least picking up some phrases and words, and understanding some words without translations.

And the melodies and feelings when they sing surely hits different than just reading a text.

Its true, you don't have to read the lyrics every time you listen, some songs are made with fun lyrics just for fun.

Lyricism is also an art, while you may not understand it if its in an unknown language, you have to respect it at least, they do spend many weeks writing them.

For some, its their way of expressing themselves.

it's not about who was before and after who has influenced kpop as a genre, culture & industry. I am not denying DSP media they had some big acts but u can bring what they have done new to the industry. Or they can had some big acts bring but might have brought little new to the table

Exactly you had my point, they were once big but fell, despite being influential and leading in the late 90' early 00'. DSP didn't bring something new after KARA so they fell. YG did bring something so they rose.

All I'm saying is a change in the BIG3 is possible in the future, or even the whole BIG3 idea falls. It can happen, whether in 10 years or next year.

YG has so much contribution in kpop not to mention they have debuted first mainstream hip hop acts, first idols to write their music that's how they changed general public's view towards idols, first ones to create different album types such as single album, mini album, bringing of lightsticks, bringing of EDM music, creating bridge between kpop & fashion, bringing kpop music video to next level etc. Their contribution is so much that it can't replaceable ever.

But I did not say YG wasn't influential or didn't contribute to kpop. I meant that before YG there was a big company, DSP, and they and SM were the BIG 2, and DSP was a pioneer in kpop. So yes in time a company can lose their place, no matter how big. This is what I meant.

Big 3 will never change no matter what happens. They are the companies that have built and shaped kpop as an industry, genre & culture. It's not about who is the most profitable company at the moment it's about who has shaped today's kpop.

BigHit specifically BTS has popularised kpop in the west. But they are not the foundation of kpop like early Big 3 artists.

I don't agree with this, because before YG in 2009 , there was DSP with Fin.kl, Sechs Kies, SS501, KARA who were pioneers in the Kpop genre. So yes a change is possible.

Stop looking and taking antis/haters opinions.

Literally they do nothing.

The achievements are still there, they aren't erased.

Top groups get hated? No surprise, it happens all the time.

Just stop focusing on them and life would so much easier.

Goes for all fandoms/groups.

All the best to BTS, I personally didn't think they would get nominated, but they did so I have no idea if there is a win possibility.

Problem is that they don't base it on sales/achievements.

Actually Grammy's don't have a criteria so it is always a hit or miss.

Nevertheless, if they don't win they could get nominated for next year if they release another English song, and win.

They are on the Grammy committee radar now.