Posts by amalyas

I see all these people like “I know Korea isn’t progressive so…. They’d get a pass” well they’ll never become progressive either if they just get a pass. Fuck them, it could be my own mom and daddy that are homophobic and I’ll drop them.

I know right. 'I know Korea isn't progressive', well no country is tbh. The big difference is that in comparison to the western world, at least Korea doesn't have the bullshit viewpoint from religious conservatives who thinks homosexuality is a sin, lol.

There just happens to be good people everywhere; who actually believes everyone should be treated with respect no matter what their gender, race or sexual orientation is.

BTS made clear that they supported the LGBT community, so this is not a question I will have to ask myself. That said, yes, I do expect that the people I love and support wouldn't disrespect me or hate me on sight for who I am :sweatr:

To be honest I'm pissed that the misoginy was so easily brushed off as if it was nothing. James Corden really danced around the subject but didn't really talk about why so many ARMY were pissed. He claims that he saw ARMY at their best, rising money for charities and stuff, and then he turns around and makes a joke about teenage girls being only interested in the UN because BTS are there singing.

He didn't mention any of the numerous tweets and intelligent callouts that ARMY wrote, just went directly to death threats to place himself as the victim. Don't get me wrong, DTs are BAD, but honestly even on this topic he was still making jokes and goofing around as if he didn't have a off button.

Also ffs, could he stop pretend being an ARMY. No one believes him. No. One.

Obviously BTS and Namjoon especially handled it so well, they look so gracious and smart in comparision, it's crazy :pepe-comfy: BTS has ARMY behind them, and ARMY really has BTS behind them too.

why wouldn't GP have a strong opinion about it when half of this GP have gone through or will go through mandatory enlistement?

As I said. Because it doesn't affect them in any way.

BTS going or not won't change anything for them. Unless you have a specific desire to see the members enlist for your own agenda, why would they have an opinion about the government deciding that it's for the best for the country if they don't go.

girl fans of other boygroups are the most salty about it

Yeah honestly it sounds like fans from other groups, because there is no reason for the GP to have a strong opinion about it tbh, since it absolutely doesn't affect them in any way.

It might just be the people I know but I live in Korea and 90% of my friends and 100% of my coworkers are Korean and when I asked them about whether or not they care if BTS gets an exemption it's usually 60/40 seriously angry at it/don't care at all. I can't think of one person I know who has a mixed opinion on it. Weirdly it's mostly guys who don't care, probably because they know how much military service sucks, but most girls are against it. Again, this is a sample size of maybe 30 people so not huge, but none of them follow idol music except me so I don't think it's that unrepresentative of the gp. If (and probably when let's be honest) they get the exemption, they're going to get a lot of hate from it. At least way more than they've ever gotten before in SK.

Why would they be so against it ?

Serious question, because exemption already exists for outstanding artists and athletes, so why would people be 'angry' at BTS getting it ? Even if they don't follow the kpop scene, they must be aware of how BTS are at the head of SK's current soft power wave.

BTS were already given the option of two year postponement and despite them saying they never asked for it, I think obviously they're going to take it (or probably have already taken it) and just stay silent and not make a big deal out of it. If they get an enlistment exemption there's no way they would announce it on literally the day of enlistment. Even accepting the exemption (assuming it happens), is going to cause a huge controversy. Announcing it on the day last possible would just make it even more controversial.

I really don't think it would be controversial. Like, except antis and kpoppies who are going to find anything they do controversial anyway, I really doubt anyone would a) care b) think that BTS deserves it less than olympic athletes or awarded novelists.

Paris and Britney are both great. The media was way too harsh on them back in the day. I'm just glad they made it through that and turned out to be okay.

I wouldn't say they are great, but the way medias portrayed them was super misogynistic, and I'm glad people are starting to realize that.

As for Lisa's promo, honestly it's barely nothing, but it was barely nothing for Rosé or Jennie so ya know. I definitely wouldn't put them against each others. All three of them got screwed up by YG and could have been bigger than they were already.

I'm pretty sure they would have told ARMY if Jin was leaving in 20 days.

They all seem pretty excited to go back on stage and make a new album, so probably not in 2022 imo.

but again that’s to you. For some the songs released this year have been some of their fav songs from bts. For me for instance I think film out is one of bts best Japanese releases and it’s a phenomenal song. Just because you didn’t think something was great doesn’t mean everyone else thinks the day way

Honestly I wonder how many ARMY would put a 2021 songs in their top 10 BTS songs list, but you are correct, obviously the only opinion I can give is mine.

I'm glad if other people are happy with the releases from this year, though.

Sometimes I think I have bad tastes, but just looking at this threads makes me realize I don't :peperain:

Three songs if we except the remixes and stupid features ( hello On feat Sia ) :

- DNA ( sorry, too poppy for me )

- Just One Day ( tbh I think it kinda have 'narm' charm, but the song itself really reminds me of the boys band from the 90's or something )

- PTD ( by far my least favorite BTS song )

Film Out deserved better and "great" is subjective

:pepecry:

Film Out was fine, but it's not even my favorite japanese track from BTS, so I wouldn't call it great. Taste is indeed subjective.

as someone said taste is subjective. just bcos yall don't like it, it doesn't mean their songs are objectively bad.

and stats prove otherwise. Their numbers are the highest this year.

Where did I say their songs this year were bad ? I said they were 'pop corn' song, sweet and pleasant but mostly lacking in depth and consistance. A lot of pop songs are like that, especially in kpop. BTS is usually one of the few artists who manage to have a catchy beat and deep lyrics, that's all I'm saying.

Not sure why you brought up the stats, 2021 was a super successful year for BTS, there is no argument there.