Posts by amalyas

I'm a huge shipper for absolutely everything, but I'm unable to ship actual real people.

Not kpop, but one of my friend was a HARDCORE Ian Somerhalder/Nina Dobrev when we were in middle school ( from the TV show Vampire Diaries ).

She was in TEARS when they broke up. She was probably more affected by it than by any break up that SHE went through in her life, which is insane. Like whyyyyy.

I've been getting into Mamamoo lately, and damn Solar is such a ray of sunshine. She radiates a happy, confident energy, just looking at her make me happy. Yes I'm in love :saint: Life is too short to not be in love with her !

tumblr_ptoczaonEX1sk2kqwo1_r1_400.gifv

And of course Yoongi :pleading: I don't know, he isn't as extrovert and a crack-head as some of my other faves are, but he has such a relatable personality, and is literally unable ( or unwilling lol ) to hide whatever he is thinking. Idk, I feel we would get along well.

769cb2e4-fb13-49d8-a260-caa0fce697ee

I don't see the need to drag PSY into it, but saying that the difference between PSY's and BTS's success is ARMY doesn't seem that outrageous to me. The only way to chart long-term in the US for a kpop act is to have a strong fanbase. Can't count on the GP for shit.

BTS are absolutely responsible for their own success; but ARMY has been systematically tearing down barriers that are standing their way, to make sure they get what they deserve.

That said, when I say 'ARMY', I don't include myself in it - I'm a 2018 fan, the work was basically done by then lol.

What is a bit funny is the way ARMY - and fandoms in general - have this strange collective consciousness. As if, once you became a fan, you were suddenly given all the history, and struggles, and achievements of ARMY though the years, even if you became a fan in 2021 with PTD. When there is obviously no real barrier standing their way anymore.

To me being a solo stan is the exact same thing as being an akgae. But akgaes will call themselves solo stans because it sounds less toxic.

Having a bias just means liking a member more, which is the case for most fans of a group, I guess. The line between having a bias and being a solo/akgae is crossed when :

1) You start victimising your favorite member. 'They are mistreated by their label', 'They are ostracized by other members', 'Other fans don't care about this members, only US, the solos, care about them'.

2) You wish for a disbandment of the group, to 'set your bias free'.

3) You consider than any interview/instance where your fave talks about how strong their bond is with other members or how happy they are in this group scripted by the label.

4) You spend ACTUAL money on dick-measuring contests for their birthday projects or else, so they can have their fave's face plastered in Time Square or on a plane or whatever. Not taking in account how creepy this is either btw. Unpopular take but anyone taking part in that is at best an idiot at worst in need of psychological help ASAP.

5) You purposely sabotage group come back and focus on solo tracks, hoping that by showing how much popular your fave is, it will cause tensions in the groups, and eventually break them down, leading to the solo career that you always wanted ( see 2) )

How’d they get all the footage? It takes a lot for 15 hours. Maybe I’ll just start watching today💜

Mostly from all the content that BTS released, between their lives, tv shows, vlogs etc... and yeah, that's a looooot of footage lol. But also from other sources, like news, other documentaries on kpop etc... apparently they are struggling a little bit with copyright issues, but for now they are working around it.

Good for you if you start tonight, though I wouldn't encourage you to binge it lol

The Rise of Bangtan is kinda great, but if you're not an ARMY it's... very long.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Like, 15 hours longs for now lol.

Would definitely recommend it to any new ARMY tho.

I kinda agree.

A lot of antis, and even non-fans, are claiming that BTS are 'old', are 'past their peak', that the fourth gen is coming to take them down... but the truth is they are only applying kpop standards there... in the real world you're not old at 30.

And if they want to keep making music together until they're 70 like they're saying, then who the heck is going to stop them.

Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it !

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Most people will agree with them.

I think people really overestimate the among of delulu fans. It might matter for nugu groups, or groups that didn't debut yet, or group with a very specific concept yet etc... but MOST people know that they will never date their idols.

If the music is really as good as you say, that's enough to keep enough fans to thrive