Posts by mr1962

Now, what's wrong with OP's thread that warrants these negative reactions?

The few who always complain about MYs are here again starting trouble out of a normal thread. Then will act like victims. I am so sick of it.

@OP

makes sense but to me, Aespa's hype and concept are even more attention-grabbing.

OP has a history of hating on Twice but will now use them for their thread because they wish their faves will be as successful. It's not really about Aespa just people finding the hypocrisy funny

Margarine was just released yesterday and yet today we have a thread from one of the most jobless and hateful armys on AKP about why they will never be respected by the Korean industry, of course with Blackpink's other #1 fans on AKP joining in because they just can't resist

MITM is less than a month old and yet ITZ_U has been spamming Blackpink threads all week

Not to mention the various threads made by the fossil Drew_B weekly on why Blackpink just sucks

It's really funny to see how a group that hasn't released a song in almost 8 months is still living in people's heads rent free! Please do tune in for Lisa's solo in July and the comeback later this year :pepelove1:

MITM

peaked at #56 on Spotify Global 200

debuted with 1.5M first day streams

Not Shy

peaked somewhere in the 80s on Spotify Global 200

debuted with around 980K first day streams

BUT, on Youtube

Not Shy - 17.1m views in first 24h

MITM - 13m views in first 24 hours

Seems like they grew on Spotify a lot with MITM (they have 5.5M monthly listeners right now, which puts them closer to Twice right now than any 4th gen girl groups) but didn't do as well on YT. I'm curious why since it's much easier to do well on YT than Spotify

Because when people say it-girl they mean KOREAN it-girl and Lisa is not popular in South Korea due to her nationality

Expanding the term it-girl to mean international popularity and global brand power would mean BP members in spots 1-4 and most people probably wouldn't want that lol

I’m not talking about multiple comebacks a year. Just more than like 23 songs in 5 years would be a good place to start.

The girls have talked about wanting to do more music before, so I’m not sure their release schedule is up to them. Hasn’t Rose had Gone in the vault for years?

My point is that I’m not sure what YGE is trying to accomplish in debuting a new group at this point. They have the girl group with the biggest global reach in their hands and yet their promotions can’t seem to do them justice. I’m not talking about BlackPink being overworked, Twice-style. I’m talking about basic stuff like more music.

YG is about as little effort possible for maximum reward when it comes to girl groups. And blinks keep eating it up so they keep doing it. I personally would never spend 20 dollars for an album with 2 songs on it but Rosé still sold nearly 600K. As long as YG is still seeing benefits of doing the bare minimum for BP, they will keep doing it, no matter how big the group gets. BP are pretty much just cash cows to YG

I think YG is debuting a new group now to keep up with JYP and SM. RV, BP, and Twice all debuted right after one another. If YG waits until BP's contracts are up, the other companies will have a huge head start for fourth gen

Blinks not gonna like some logical answers to this question. But imma keep it real.

You debut a new girl group when your current girl group is either flopping, which is definitely not the case, or if you think your current girl group is on its last legs for some other reason.

Or if you want to keep up with other companies. SM and JYP now both have new girl groups competing for top spots in fourth gen, I doubt YG wants to be left out for too long.

Third gen: RV (2014) -> Twice (2015) -> Blackpink (2016)

Fourth gen: Itzy (2019) -> Aespa (2020) -> YGNGG (2021)

You say things like this and wonder why blinks call you Twicehouse

Yeah, I'm not on other kpop sites/forums, but on here Itzy has definitely become one of the most hated on girl groups

The MTIM vs Next Level thread yesterday was literally just asking people to pick between the songs and you had people shading Itzy's vocals and rap skills for no reason at all...it's sad to see people hating on other groups just because they want to uplift their own faves

What's kinda ironic is that CL wasn't that impressed with BP's brand of girl crush, and said something like 'don't send a rabbit to do a tiger's job' (or something like that). I'm guessing that CL meant herself and 2NE1 with the tiger part :/

That wasn't about Blackpink as a group that tweet was from 2018 after Jennie released SOLO and people were comparing her to CL (since they play similar roles in their group and both have solo careers)

She said 'don't send a rabbit to kill a tiger' the rabbit obviously being Jennie and herself the tiger

But yeah 2NE1 in general obviously doesn't like BP

Correction, it's very surprising considering the speed in which aespa is rising, it took black mamba 10 days to chart on MelOn and look how long it took stayc to chart. This is why people like godkingteshub and itzysmidzy are staying so quiet, because they know they've been speaking toooo fast. All of you are tooo fast, we told you wait until aespa have a comeback, wait until they promote like all these other groups do, But no one wanted to listen and wanted to shade aespa as fast as much as they could

:pepeshut: Welpz where's the trolls now :angryr:

Who is you I have literally never talked about Aespa on this forum before

A lot of kpop groups are doing better this year on k-charts compared to 2020, it's not hate to point that out??

Look what i exactly said

I say they're maybe a similar size, and these two are biggers than all the others GG. But you love making up a story about Blackpink so much that you'll soon tell me that they have a fandom as big as Weekly or Purple Kiss. :pepe-clown-gear:

I took this information from the Queendom show, where they literally say in an episode that the elderly in Korea appreciate the cute concept more. But maybe the Koreans themselves don't know what they're saying.

Never said anything remotely close to that and this thread is about digitals. If you knew anything about Korean charting you would know that fandom size is literally irrelevant when it comes to charting after the Melon reform. Otherwise NCT or Seventeen would be out-charting BP and Twice big time when in reality they can barely crack Melon top 50.

It's probably true that elderly Koreans appreciate cute concept more than girl crush. I'm just pointing out that most of them don't really listen to idol groups at all. They can like Twice's music better than BP's but they're not really listening to or "supporting" either group

Not the first time I've seen you making negative comments about BP. I think the last time was a whole essay in an appreciation thread someone made about their live performances. Maybe just leave them alone if they bother you so much instead of commenting things you don't really know about and then attacking blinks who call out your BP biggest Korean fandom narrative (it's Iz*one then Twice for ggs actually, btw!)?

The fact that you think there are more Korean blinks than Korean onces is :clown:

BP literally spent all of 2019 being made fun of for not having a big Korean fandom because they couldn't sell out a fan-meeting in SK. Did this huge Korean fandom you speak of suddenly materialize out of nowhere just because they're more successful than other girl groups now?

Also fun fact: there were zero girl groups and only one idol group overall in the Gallup poll for those over 40. You can't just say people over 50 love cute concept from ggs when data says they really only like trot and ballads and BTS