Posts by komandos895

every time a company says "soon" i get war flashbacks istg. that soon better be before june because sakura and chaewon have been in the dungeon way too long for my liking

oh shit you’re right she’s gonna be 24 this year lol I can’t math today :pepe-clown-gear: Well then chop chop hybe there’s no time left to lose :pepe-notes:

i can already see the hag comments coming in her direction, especially if there's a 05 or 06 liner in the group. kpop stans are getting mad when someone debuts underage but also getting mad when someone debuts in their early 20s. it's a lose-lose situation for my sister :pepe-life-support:

the whole country is misogynistic as a whole and y'all saying "oh but is the other candidate better?" as a way to dismiss the problem isn't it. regardless of the reason he posted this, he's dumb and even koreans themselves are saying that. for a person whose whole living depends on women spending money on him, he should at least read the room.

also, baffles me how some users are ready to drop all self-respect and say stuff implying how supporting a president who is openly misogynistic and threatens to abolish the ministry of gender equality & family doesn't mean the person shares the same viewpoint. (here i'm talking in general, not only about mingyu). then why is he voting for him if he doesn't think like him? if someone is ready to drop basic human rights because the president promised higher wages or whatever then yes, this person is misogynistic. (again, because i know how good the reading comprehension of kpop stans is, i'm talking in general)

probably over 2/3 of the male idols don't give a single fuck about women's or lgbt rights because that's what the society they live in is teaching them but most of you aren't ready for this conversation.

Real talk, if feminists in korea believe that they aren’t getting as much rights as Korean men, then they should also fight for mandatory military service for women so everyone could be equal.

the gender pay gap in korea is 35%, almost 3 times higher than the average of the other industrialised countries, women are being forced out of work after giving birth while receiving little to no support for parenting and 79% of the men in their 20s and 30s are brainwashed to feel like "victims" while it's the women who are being paid less and are being scared and discouraged to share their experience with discrimination and toxicity on the workplace. how exactly women going to the military will solve these problems? :pepe-tea:

pretty much 90% of the industry uses lip fillers, from male idols to female idols, from A-listers to nugus. some are obvious, others are more subtle. it's a normal thing in Korea. tbh if i have to post all idols i can think of I'll need to make a separate thread

they could've chosen every other design on the planet, why exactly the one that looks like the rising sun??? and on independence movement day????

i'm glad knetz are not throwing rocks directly at sakura but that's really bad for her image and the image of other Chinese and Japanese idols considering the amount of xenophobia already reigning among the koreans. it looks more like a set-up than a celebration

a think piece no one asked for but bear with me

different sources are stating different numbers but if we're looking at the stats provided by kprofiles.com, wonyoung is 173 while sunghoon is 181 BUT in this picture (and from the video as a whole) you can clearly see wonyoung is wearing sneakers while sunhoon is wearing shoes with heels and they're already almost equally tall. that means if they remove their shoes they'd be pretty much the same height.

conclusion: one of them must be lying because no way they have a nearly 10 cm difference

pasted-from-clipboard.png

applies for most fandoms - turning being a kpop fan into your whole personality

once i asked someone on twitter "what did YOU do with your life to talk shit about idols" and they posted an edit with all of their fav's awards and achievements :pepe-sad: like sweetie don't get me wrong, i'm happy for them boys but this isn't what i asked for

also babying idols, especially male idols most of which are men in their mid/late 20s.

i don't mind calling idols "cute, sweet" etc but everything has its limits. you can't convince me 14 yo girls treating grown-ass men, some of them with wives and kids already, like toddlers is normal. the same goes for female idols though i haven't seen gg stans going to the extent of posting a picture of their fav smiling and captioning it "look at his teefies :pleading: ". WHAT DO YOU MEAN TEEFIES? HE'S A REAL 30 YO MAN, NOT A CAT

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love this part, idk why jyp just didn't make it a whole song

So most of you have already heard the song - some love it and defend it with their life, some hate it and call it a flop under every tweet/thread.

In my opinion, the song isn't nearly as bad as some of y'all are making it out to be but is also not nearly as good as jyp stans want it to be.

The visuals are stunning and the music video looks expensive af. I'm glad jyp ditched the cheap ass CGI at least for this song. The girls are obviously dancing machines so I'm excited to see their live performances on music shows.

The cute(-ish?) concept sounded great and I feel like it fitted their voices more. If jyp had made it a whole song I'm sure it would've been an immediate hit and one of the best 4th gen debuts overall, I dare to say. Also, the pre-chorus of the first part (around 0:50 sec into the video) was really good, maybe even the best part of the whole song.

The transitions weren't as bad as most of you say. Yes, they weren't aespa level but they were ok.

The first and the final part of the song though... I call it a MESS. I'm sorry but the autotune was off, the rapping/singing didn't match the beat of the music at all and it was very overwhelming. Idk what were their producers thinking but Sticker sounds like a piece of high-class ballet music compared to this. The girls served us a three-course meal but their production team didn't do a single thing properly.

Tank, on the other hand, has much more potential to be successful. The freaky fishy part was completely unnecessary (or they could've at least put some other lyrics, why the hell freaky fishy😭) but the song gave what it was supposed to give and I think jyp made a mistake by not putting it as a title track.

Overall I think the song is mid-tier. It may grow on me (or on everyone else as next level did), but based on my first listen I'm kinda disappointed. I'm praying to all the gods, including Jihyo herself, that their next comeback won't be as messy and we'll be able to see their true potential. It's still not too late for jyp to ditch the whole "experimental music" thingy and return to their normal style.

Putting a link to the song in case someone still hasn't listen to it

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i didn't get to hear the leaked version but the instrumental from the teaser sounds pretty good. it's obvious they'll have a change in the concept since all of a sudden the girl at the end got cutie pigtails and a disney princess dress after slamming herself into a door lmao. kinda cringed when i saw it but it may turn out good idk

I'll wait till the song comes out but the whole changing rhythms and blending multiple songs within one is very risky and not for everyone. aespa got lucky because their producers happened to be good but i can't say the same for the jyp's ones... twice and itzy do have huge hits, don't get me wrong, but not everyone is good with experimenting and knows how to make multiple different music styles sound good together.