Posts by Ronnietheperth

Also why is #1 the only metric used for a difference between 2021 and 2022? What about other hits that didn't go #1? Feels like 2021 had more hits than 2022 by July

Disevidence has listed all artists with Top 5 in his post and it’s still 2022 > 2021. Yes, artists who performed well in 2021 don’t live up to the same performances in 2022 but we also get new artists coming into the scene in 2022 too like (G)i-dle, IVE and the return of Psy and Big Bang. Some artists also perform better this year than last year like Taeyeon, Red Velvet.

We can say at the end of the year, which year is stronger after we see the whole 2022 but right now I think it’s pretty much the same

Tbh, I can’t really see which one between 2021 and 2022 is the more exciting one too.

First half of 2021 got started by Celebrity (before that were VVS & Shining star which were 2020 songs)

#1 song (not included 2020)

- Celebrity

- Rollin’

- Lilac

(Back to Rollin’)

- Peaches* (JB)

- Butter

- Next level

- Foolish love (MSG wannabe)

So 7 songs until this point last year (6 if you count only Korean artists)

Now for 2022 excluding Counting stars and Drinking confession (2021 songs)

- INVU

- Ganadara

- Tomboy

- Still live

- That that

(Back to Tomboy)

- Love dive

- At that moment (WSG wannabe)

Same amount of songs, and currently topped by a project group

2021 has a high peak with IU? 2022 has Big Bang

2021 has BTS? 2022 has Psy

2021 has Aespa? 2022 has IVE

So I don’t really see which year is the less crap out of the 2

If anything, 2022 is potentially shaped to be better (2021 has only 2 more new songs topping the chart until Mid October: Traffic light and Stay* (another International songs))

This year has an OST with big hit: Love maybe by Melomnace from “Business proposal” sitting comfortably in the Top 10 for months now. The funny thing is they also appeared in the drama so it’s a promotion in some way. I don’t think there is any close contender for this year OST of the year at this point.

It’s rising

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It’s fandom time…

Also, Melon and Flo should continue rising until the first 24 hours

That’s why I ask whether Weekend would be included into Taeyeon’s album digital count or not because if it does, it will help her points a lot.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do you think she'd have a shot at any album of the year awards this year? LYW is guaranteed to have the highest points already though and I suppose Gidle and someone else could surpass it :/

Most “Album of the year” awards depend on physical sales alone except Melon which I think she has a pretty decent chance after Im Young Woong and (G)i-dle. I can’t remember if the criteria will count old songs too or not but if it counts, “Weekend” will help her numbers a lot.

Also its lonngggg

4 minute song in this streaming era? People attention span is shorter than ever. There’s a reason song these days barely pass 3mins

Well, it’s their own problem if they won’t listen to the song just because the song is 7 seconds longer than 4 minutes.

Oh mY gOd, tHis sOnG is lOngEr than 3 mInuteS for 1 sEcoND, SkiP!!1!1!”

I’m in the group of people who enjoy longer songs and pleasantly surprised the song even reach 4 minutes.

I remember making a comment about WSG not doing well a few weeks back. Didn't know they still had more releases.

It never stopped people listening to it though as it felt much more organic than Nilo to most, but I guess Bad Habits came out a few weeks before he was fully cleared so might have had some impact. It still got to the top 30 just never pushed on from there and I don't think it spent any time above Way Back Home which was still going strong

Why were those songs under controversy? Just because people didn't know who nilo or shaun were??? Like random artists don't smash

Those were just for the audition. Same as when MSG wannabe release “Journey to Atlantis” back then and released new songs like “Foolish love” later.

On the Bugs glitch - I can imagine it has been exploited for a while now since they shut the Genie glitch down, hence some fandom driven artists still getting crazy high first week digital points. Wonder how Fromis ended up being the ones to get called out for this.

On another note DTNA 4 years in still showing great legs in the summer. Got into the Melon top 150 last year and will probably do that again this year.

It’s currently at #164 so it will most likely get into Top 150 for sure

Red flavor also doing great with Top 200 last year, it currently is at #207 so it will probably reach the same peak as last year

Anyway, Gaon Circle (this is going to take a while to adjust to this) has now revealed the number for album sales weekly so I have no idea why they still decide to hide download and streaming number.

To prevent chart manipulation from fans? Well they still fail because it can’t at all

Weekend on its 1 year anniversary

Not a big fan of the song but can’t deny the power of the song when the weekend comes~

I think Taeyang and GD are also pretty successful for their solos (maybe better than Taeyeon overall) but since they haven’t released any music in recent years, it’s pretty hard to know if they will do well in current music scenes or not. So I agree that Taeyeon is probably the best indicator for current successful idol-turn-soloist

Don’t want to be that person but isn’t it feel a bit weird to exclude anything before 2018 just to make the list shorter?

Taeyeon’s title tracks are always a hit or a miss. She did very well with Weekend (sleeper hit that get overshadowed a lot) and INVU but flop really hard with WDICY/Happy/Dear me before that.

However, her success rate for hit songs are probably the highest for any female soloists not name IU. I and Four seasons are big hit with 5M+ UL with multiple songs at 4.5M+ and even her flop songs are reaching at least 1.5M+. She also has multiple B-sides and OSTs with 1M+ UL which isn’t an easy thing to do.

Heize is probably the closest to her in term of digital performance and Bol4 isn’t the same anymore after the split.