Posts by tenfour

Do you want sad or do you want depressing.

I am one of the world's leading experts on the latter.

For the former, I guess, as far as mainstream is concerned, this is really good:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This one was an obsession for like the past year:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The EP it's on is great.

Speaking of great, Phoebe Bridger's album last year got a lot of attention, but the one before it was even better. This song in particular:

The lyrics are very Kozelek, but Phoebe didn't rape anybody, so that makes her better in every respect.

This is fantastic if you can get past Gibbard's horrible voice:

Outside of the mainstream, this'un's a gem:

A really fantastic emerging artist is Skullcrusher. Every song she's released so far has been great, really, every single one, but this one is my favourite:

Carissa's Wierd (and Jenn solo) have some of the best sad songs ever recorded, but many of them (especially Jenn's solo stuff) can teeter into the depressing territory which idk if you'd be into. But this is a stone-cold classic, and to think, they recorded it in the basement of Tool's former bassist lollol:

For something a bit more unusual and mysterious, there's this evergreen piece of haunting, nostalgic ambiguity:

Finally, there's...

Okay, so, I have the demo version of Faunts' Gone With the Day. It leaked on the internet before the album came out. The album version is... Almost like a dub remix, it sounds all under-waterry and blurry, you can't actually make out the instruments, it's almost an ambient track. Whereas the demo has an alt-country vibe to it. It's literally one of my favourite ever songs in its original form, and, in 2021, I don't know if anyone else even has the demo version (I've looked in the usual places, and, like, nobody besides me seems to have it).

So I'll upload it!

Here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8geg…With%20the%20Day.mp3?dl=0

:)

Stan fully self written debut song

External Content youtu.be

Can't see what this is, but I assume it's Congratulations?

That'd be one of mine, along with:

Totally unique, flawless debuts, all three. Almost too good, tbh, and living up to them is a struggle. Definitely all three groups lost a lot of the original edge promised by their debuts. :(

Oh and,

NCT coming right out of the gate to tell you they're not your dad's boyband.

First time listening to this.

It's good?

I mean, vocal melody wise, it's kinda great.

But I don't like the lethargic guitar backing.

Reminds me of SZA's Drew Barrymore or Kendrick's Pride, and I'm not crazy about those songs either.

This is based on my limited understanding on what is happening. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Basically hedge funds are being targeted by normal people like us. Hedge funds tend to have short positions into stocks which they think will very likely go down in price, and Gamestop is one of the most shorted stocks in the market. So how investors or people managing hedge funds get a profit from their short positions is that if the stock price of Gamestop goes down, they can profit off it. However, if the stock price goes up, they can experience a huge amount of losses.

So what is happening is that many people are buying huge amounts of Gamestop stocks and that shot the price up, up to around 1600% in a matter of days. This was huge as hedge funds loses tons of money. The ridiculous thing was that trading platforms like Robinhood halted the buying of Gamestop shares, but did not halt the selling of it, and it may look like some insider manipulation which is unfair to people who are actively trading in the market, because it is kinda unethical if you ask me to stop people from buying shares. People are now also questioning if there is any insider collusion between the trading platforms and hedge funds (I think????? I might be wrong about it) and it causes an uproar. Right now things are still going crazy

So, it is, on the surface, outrageous that they're restricting people from buying certain funds like Gamestop, but they CLAIM that it's due to regulatory requirements (IE, a limit on on the size of deposits that can be lodged at any clearing period or some shit, idk).

Obviously idk the truth of that, but it's worth remembering that it's not just random reddit bros who are making bank of this. Black Rock and Fidelity are two of the biggest winners.

But yeah, fuck the hedge funds;

And anything that exposes the fragility and inequality of a system that atm just transfers wealth away from workers and towards shareholders is a good thing.

What a great list of prestigious groups and Destiny's Child.

Who can deny at this point that BTS have made it on every level, commercial, artistic, critical?

Anyway,

What a fuckin song.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original, not the remake travesty)

Candyman

The Wicker Man (the original, not the remake travesty)

Alien/Alien3

The Ring (the original, not the remake travesty)

Dread

The Ninth Gate