Posts by tenfour

We won't stop until other JYP group shoot their MVs with their phone cameras :starec:

Stray Kids been doing it!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Factually untrue that the rest of the More & More video was "greenscreen", either. Besides the fact that they flew them to Jeju and constructed that thing in the middle of a body of water,

Most of the rest of the video takes place in a very large four-sided set.

I mean take this shot from a window looking in - a window that was constructed for just this shot, because I don't think it's visible at all in the rest of the video:

more&more.jpg

I mean, the caveat about being able to create your own stuff is there.

I guess it's double-edged.

Got7 left JYPE. They got to keep their name. They released an absolutely fucking fantastic song.

Nobody talked about it.

If I was a pretty big fan of theirs, though, I'd be really happy with that outcome and would be looking forward to more bops that could never have come from the JYPE factory.

It really is the best outcome for pretty much everyone involved,

Except for the concern trolls for whom charting is the be-all and end-all of achievement.

01 | Codeine | Ides

02 | Slint | Don, Aman

03 | Tool | Third Eye

04 | jesu | walk on water

05 | Gillian Welch | I Dream a Highway

06 | No-Man | Things I Want to Tell You

07 | Slint | Good Morning, Captain

08 | Brian Eno | The Big Ship

09 | Slint | Washer

10 | Tool | Pushit

11 | Bowery Electric | Black Light

12 | Bark Psychosis | Eyes and Smiles

13 | Austere | Dwine

14 | Austere | Develri

15 | Red House Painters | Strawberrry Hill

:pepemusic:

At the heart it's a typical Itzy Song, if you remember the lyrics of Dalla Dalla, then you'd understand that the protagonist of that song is basically doing what she wants.

Mafia is a BG Song where they put on their B Sides because it has no sense being a Title Song soooo.... naturally Division 2 wanted the song then thought OOOOOHHHHHHH F*CK there's no Got7

:P

I barely paid attention, but isn't the concept skewing off the Mafia game and using it as a framework for a secret admirer scenario.

IE, guess who's the one that likes you.

Which actually isn't very Itzy, or at least, it's not the Itzy of the first three eras which kind of avoided romantic cliches entirely.

But also why the guessing game?

I thought Itzy were not shy.

What happened.

eAeon is one of my favorite artists but his music is VERY NICHE. So while people might initially check it out for RM, it's not a music style that appeals to a lot of people, let alone the general public.

LoFi / Vibe music / Lo-RnB-Tech isn't huge in Korea and it's a very new genre being introduced in the underground/indie scene right now.

That being said, the song is AMAZING and I love how well eAeon's and RM's vocals mesh together :borahae:<3

Do you have any specific album recommendations for eAeon. Song is really very good compared to all the k-pop dreck

I'm like,

57qn4h.jpg

Exactly, so leave those poor nugu's alone and stream

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank u for linking this, I didn't know what song the OP was talking about, this is a jam.

It's the level of investment and time fans shouldn't be surprised with - execution is a completely different story. I'm not a massive MV person myself but the larger audience that do like it are about big sets/costumes and whatnot.

But, you know, big sets, especially for a company like JYPE, isn't a particularly expensive endeavour.
    This is the weird k-pop mentality where, idk, there's just completely bizarre assumptions about the amount of music spent sometimes.

It often comes down to, "I like this, so it's expensive". We got that with More & More, an obviously very expensive video that was also obviously not very good. So the complaint isn't with creative bankruptcy (which is the actual real problem at JYPE right now imo) but that they simply didn't throw enough money at the fucking project as if that would yield any better result.

For the broader argument that it's a question of investment, I'm going to just say that it looks like the level of investment varies depending on the project. Like I can't comprehend the Got7/Twice thing, either, because Twice NEVER got particularly expensive-looking videos, outside of a couple of exceptions. And Got7 never did, ever. JYPE don't spend that much money on videos in comparison to the other big two. Sometimes they spend more than others, and who knows why they do that. I can't see the trend. I don't understand why they spent so much for Not Shy, and then went to the bargain bin for this one. It's a mystery.

I don't think there should be any surprise from a Twice fans perspective.

We were heading down this road a while ago.

Do you seriously think this music is any more interesting, creative or in any way better than any Twice video?

Like, are we watching the same thing here?

I understand if we're talking about Not Shy or Icy.

But this was some AleXa-level shit, it's the Itzy fans that should be mad.

I think its more JYP fault as a producer

Honestly the rapping parts of DALLA2x & WANNABE were fine

The rapping part of Dallax2 is fucking amazing tbh.

The only time I can think of JYP writing a decent rap is in What Is Love?. Usually I just cringe hard at the rap in a JYP-written song.

But I didn't cringe at anything in this.

So, whatever.