Posts by tenfour

Well, yes, but actually no.

So, it starts and it sounds like Teddy circa... 2018? You know, Dx4, Gashina, whatever. I absolutely loathe that sound, but here it's.. alright. Pretty good, even. About the quality of the other Blackpink eras.

But then.

You get the chorus.

Which is.

Absolutely. Fucking. Atrocious.

I can't overstate how horrible I think it is.

No way would Teddy ever come out with something that sounds as dreadful as that, I can't imagine it.

Is it Blackpink-inspired?

Yeah, but like.. The execution is some bottom-tier nugu level shit.

The rest of the EP is really bad as well. A horrible mixture of generic and simplistic in a really childish way. JYPE has now reached the absolute fucking nadir when it comes to music quality, Jesus.

That's terrible, I'm so sorry.

Keep looking and don't give up hope.

Last year my cat, who I have had for twelve years, disappeared. I looked everywhere, asked all of my neighbours to check their gardens, put posters everywhere with a large monetary reward, etc.

I found her a week later - a house two doors from me was empty and for sale, and I had been trying to get in touch with the owners the entire week. They finally let me take a look and I found my cat in the back yard. She couldn't jump back over the wall to come home. She hadn't eaten for a week, so she was very thin and weak, but otherwise she was fine.

From my viewpoint, not quite. I think the decline in American "mainstream" music quality makes looking for good music in other, more obscure, genres a necessity for people who really love music.

What decline, though?

I think mainstream American music is in a much better place now than it was in the 00s.

Would like to think that Taylor Swift's Folklore is a sign that the Max Martin's reign of terror is finally over, but I'm not that lucky.

Ironically, it's that void (the void of... absolutely terrible generic music) is the void that k-pop is probably filling . Guess shit's subjective!

tbh I think the last time a decent amount of good music was sufficiently mainstream was in the early to mid nineties, and mostly not even in America (exception: boom-bap and grunge).

Any other recommendation from her latest albums?

These ones were my favourite:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But overall I thought the album wasn't very good so I didn't even bother with the second one lollol

This one always takes me back to being a tiny child.

If we're talking physical, I have 0 k-pop albums, but 618 non-k-pop albums.

Digital, idk. Most of the albums BTS and Twice released. A few others. Not many.

I don't really buy physical albums unless I absolutely have to nowadays.

External Content youtu.be