Posts by ObsessedWithKpop

It's already March but there haven't been many comebacks of big groups or catchy songs. There are no controversies to talk about either and people love them (every forums gets more visits during celebrity scandals).

I might be wrong about this one but I believe older kpop fans tend to like using forums more while younger generation prefers other platforms. Every year a big number of older kpop fans leave because of different reasons: real life, work, their favorite groups disbanding and they don't come back.

Today fans who attended the soudcheck before BTS concert could see Suga with a new, sexy look.

One of the videos already surpassed 1.6M views!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A set of photos from the same event has over 120K likes

아마빌레 (@amabile_suga) | Twitter

FNobRDKaMAATkNa?format=jpg&name=large

FNobRkbaMAARHj1?format=jpg&name=large

FNobSJuaMAAyKzq?format=jpg&name=large

MIN YOONGI has been trending worldwide for 8 hours:

I WILL SUE YOU MIN YOONGI and even LOOK AT HIM were trending:

Just when everyone expected a selca taken after the concert, Yoongi posted a set of four pictures on his Instagram showing off his look from rehearsals. He mentioned before that he wasn't sure how to do Instagram and how to post but it seems that he's becoming a pro:

Translation: The charm of Insta is that it’s a bit contrived (you can tell it’s not natural/obviously staged/planned)

Bonus:

This signals the potential downfall of K-pop. That a big 4 agency would release this garbage is beyond me. I do love experimental music but there is nothing experimental about this. It takes basic HIPHOP/EDM beats that boygroups have been using the past 8 years non stop, and cutting it short to add some basic girl crush pop rock melody in between. It's not innovative, its cheap and lazy. TANK is a bop tho

A part of me agrees with you because when you think about it a BIG 3 company releasing a song like this few years back was unthinkable and they would get tons of hate from k-netizens but now I'm not sure. I saw other noisy songs topping the k-charts and their stans streaming them as their lives depended on proving that they were quality songs so :pepe-sad:

What I'm sure of is that noise won't make any noise in the West (where those companies want to make it).

I've just listened to Tank and it's slightly better. It's better only because the bar is on the floor for 4th gen. :pepe-tea:

"Stay Alive" debuted at #6 on the chart with an OST.

Agust D is the only Korean Soloist who debuted the whole album on the chart.

#1 Girl Of My Dreams – Juice WRLD/SUGA

#1 Gangnam Style – PSY

#1 Christmas Tree – V

#2 Daechwita – Agust D

#2 Yours – Jin

#2 Sweet Night – V

#6 Stay Alive – Jungkook (prod. SUGA)

#6 LalisaLisa

#8 Money – Lisa

#9 Chicken Noodle Soup – J-Hope/Becky G

#10 Strange – Agust D/RM

#10 On The Ground – Rosé

#10 SUGA’s Interlude – Halsey/SUGA

#12 Burn it – Agust D/Max

#13 What Do You Think? – Agust D

#13 Eight – IU/SUGA

#14 Moonlight – Agust D

#15 Gone – Rosé

#16 People – Agust D

#19 28 – Agust D/NiiHWA

#19 SG – DJ Snake, Lisa..

#20 Gentleman – PSY

#20 Dear My Friend – Agust D/Kim Jong Wan

#22 Interlude: Set Me Free – Agust D

#22 Blueberry Eyes – Max/SUGA

#24 Honsool – Agust D

#30 Winter Flower – Younha/RM

#34 Don't – eAeon/RM

Source:

I've always wondered if Knetz would care about a scandal involving non Korean idols. Maybe this will be a bigger scandal among Chinese fans of Idle and Jackson than among Korean fans and I fans in general.

There aren't many kfans of Jackson left so I'm not sure but from what I've seen on Twitter the rumor about them dating isn't true because the photos were taken on a different day for each of them. General public reacts with hate to all news involving Chinese idols lately.

If someone thinks this is a good song then I think we've reached a point in kpop where the bar is on the floor. I was never a fan of the noise trend but some noise songs grow on you - this one won't. I genuinely feel bad for these girls. I watched their predebut videos and I know that some of them have the voices to debut with a song that could show off their abilities but this..

Stay Alive debuted:

- at #89 on UK Official Singles Chart

- at #5 on UK Official Singles Sales & Singles Downloads Charts

All K-Pop Soloists who debuted on these UK Charts:

UK Official Singles Downloads Chart 🇬🇧

#2 Christmas Tree – V

#5 Stay Alive – Jungkook (prod. SUGA)

#6 Daechwita – Agust D

#10 Sweet Night – V

#12 On The Ground – Rosé

#13 LalisaLisa

#14 Yours – Jin

#19 Girl of My Dreams – Juice WRLD, SUGA

#32 Money – Lisa

#34 SUGA’s Interlude – Halsey, SUGA

#41 Gone – Rosé

#42 Eight – IU, SUGA

#51 Blueberry Eyes – SUGA, Max

UK Official Singles Sales Chart 🇬🇧

#2 Christmas Tree – V

#5 Stay Alive – Jungkook (prod. SUGA)

#6 Daechwita – Agust D

#10 Sweet Night – V

#12 On The Ground – Rosé

#13 Lalisa – Lisa

#14 Yours – Jin

#20 Girl Of My Dreams – Juice WRLD, SUGA

#32 Money – Lisa

#41 Gone – Rosé

UK Official Singles Chart 🇬🇧

#43 On The Ground – Rosé

#61 Gangnam Style – PSY

#61 Gentleman – PSY

#68 Daechwita – Agust D

#68 Lalisa – Lisa

#81 Money – Lisa

#82 Chicken Noodle Soup – J-Hope

#89 Stay Alive – Jungkook (prod. SUGA)

Highest-peaking Positions of K-Pop Soloists on UK Official Singles Chart 🇬🇧

Gangnam Style — #1

Gentleman — #10

Money — #46

Source

If you want to see the full list of all Korean soloists debuting on Spotify Global and US Spotify:

GLOBAL

Jungkook (prod. SUGA) / Stay Alive — 4,27M

Rosé / On The Ground — 3,26M

Juice WRLD, SUGA / Girl Of My Dreams — 3,22M

Rosé / Gone — 2,94M

IU, SUGA / Eight — 1,85M

Agust D / Daechwita — 1,79M

Halsey, SUGA / SUGA's Interlude — 1,62M

V / Christmas Tree — 1,46M

Jin / Yours — 1,4M

Agust D / What Do You Think? — 1,33M

Agust D / Moonlight — 1,27M

Agust D / Strange — 1,26M

Agust D / Burn It — 1,17M

Agust D / 28 — 1,16M

Agust D / People — 1,1M

J-Hope, Becky G / Chicken Noodle Soup — 1,06M

Agust D / Honsool — 991,709

Agust D / Dear My Friend — 921,575

Agust D / Interlude: Set Me Free — 918,867

Lil Nas X, RM / Seoul Town Road Remix — 873,284

Max, SUGA / Blueberry Eyes — 783,840

IU / Celebrity — 756,243

Lee Hi / Only — 723,767

Somi / What You Waiting For — 681,338

Jennie / Solo — 675,898

J-Hope / Daydream — 623,057

Hwasa / Maria — 622,855

RM / Seoul — 568,099

US

Juice WRLD, SUGA / Girl Of My Dreams — 1,149,184

Halsey, SUGA / SUGA's Interlude — 500,935

Jungkook (prod. SUGA) / Stay Alive — 453,699

Agust D / Daechwita — 425,793

Rosé / On The Ground — 413,154

IU, SUGA / Eight — 339,004

Agust D / What Do You Think — 328,169

Rosé / Gone — 326,889

Agust D / Moonlight — 319,681

Agust D / Strange — 311,765

Agust D / Burn It — 295,585

Agust D / 28 — 295,408

Agust D / People — 278,115

J-Hope, Becky G / Chicken Noodle Soup — 257,406

Lil Nas X, RM / Seoul Town Road — 264,564

Agust D / Honsool — 251,547

Max, SUGA / Blueberry Eyes — 227,023

Source